[A16] Bulk Medicine Production

Started by O Negative, January 01, 2017, 04:08:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

O Negative

Bulk Medicine Production

"Every good doctor has patience."

Summary
The mod was made by request of another user.

This mod adds the simple ability to make 5 medicines at a time, without removing the ability to make individual medicines.

Making 5 medicines requires 5x more ingredients than making 1 individual medicine.

Knowledge Prerequisites
Making medicine in general requires some knowledge of the basics.
Making medicine in bulk just requires a bit more knowledge with respect to crafting.
The Skill Requirements are as follows:

BillMedicine Lvl. Crafting Lvl.
Make medicine
Make medicine in bulk

The skill requirements for the single medicine bill have not been altered from vanilla/core.

Work Amount & Efficiency
Making medicine in bulk isn't overly efficient, but it is more efficient than making individual ones.

BillWork Amount
Make medicine
Make medicine in bulk

The work amount for the single medicine bill has not been altered from vanilla/core.

Experience Gain Adjustments
Due to the way experience is gained with tasks like this, minor adjustments were made to the new bill which allows for proper experience gain.
Vanilla bill and its experience gains are untouched.

Download
Download is below, or on the Steam Workshop
Enjoy!

[attachment deleted by admin due to age]

FoxXeL

O Negative

No problem.

I doubt many others will have a need for this sort of thing, but I'm glad at least one person will benefit.

Make sure to look at the .xml file, and note what I changed/added to accomplish the goal.

They key thing you'll notice is that I didn't alter the thingDef or its recipeMaker; I made a new recipeDef for the original thingDef :)

etoire

I experienced some trouble with these bulk recipe mods, they aren't compatible with miniaturization, the mod that allows you to minify workbenches. Do you know of a way to make the two compatible? They modify the same xml file, which i suspect is why they're incompatible. Happy new year!

FoxXeL

i also have miniaturization mod and I haven't encountered any error until now. Happy New Year!

O Negative

The miniaturization mod is rather mod friendly, and shouldn't be causing any issues; especially not with this mod, seeing as though I didn't have to touch the DrugLab xml file.
Instead, I just told the recipe xml that it was going to be used by DrugLab.

I can see, however, the possibility of my Bulk Meals mod causing an issue.
There's an xml file within the miniaturization mod that refers to an older Bulk Meals mod (which I did not write).
So, when you play with the Bulk Meals mod, it tries to refer to something called CookStove_Pro; an item I did not include in my version.
I'll play around with the compatibility of the two after I get off of work, later :)

I've just tested the compatibility of Miniaturization Overloaded [A16] with both of the "Bulk Recipe" mods I wrote and found no issues. :o
Exactly what kind of problems are you guys experiencing?

asquirrel

etoire

Odd. I'll look into it further, it could just be my mod load order. Thanks for your response!~

DaemonDeathAngel

The problem is that both your mod and miniturization alter the thingdef slightly. Yours to add the recipe, ans theirs for the miniturazation. In order to fix the problem, you would need to make a compatibility patch that specifically targets miniturization properties, and add both your recipe and their miniturization components to the thingdef.

O Negative

Yeah, I've found the issue.

Bulk Medicine Production: No incompatibilities. Changing the mod load order around however you wish, and both mods work harmoniously. Like I said, this mod doesn't touch the DrugLab thingDef at all ::)

Bulk Meals: If you load Miniaturisation Overloaded first, then Bulk Meals overrides the changes. No fun. If you load Miniaturisation Overloaded after, then Bulk Meals will play nicely. I have a global fix that I can apply, so that it's just as compatible as this mod :)

Thanks for the report :)