Transporting colony

Started by lezu, December 24, 2016, 11:05:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

lezu

I haven't tried the newest patch yet, but does this new update mean that you can finally move your colony somewhere else ? Can you raid other factions now ?

Gonumen

Yes, you can make a caravan with everyone and just settle somewhere else (you have to abondon the last one if you didn't change limit of colonies in options). And yes, you can make a caravan and attack others but it will make them hostile so I recommend attacking pirates Only as you won't get much from tribes (unless you are a tribe yourself or just want revenge, of course).

Hydromancerx

So is the number of cities you can have mean active or forever? Meaning if I made a colony and abandoned it would the abandoned colony count towards my max number of colonies? For instance if I put the setting to 5 colonies max and then settle 4 colonies, but then abandon 1. Do I have 1 more colony left or 2 more colonies left?

Dive

Quote from: Hydromancerx on December 31, 2016, 11:05:04 PM
So is the number of cities you can have mean active or forever? Meaning if I made a colony and abandoned it would the abandoned colony count towards my max number of colonies? For instance if I put the setting to 5 colonies max and then settle 4 colonies, but then abandon 1. Do I have 1 more colony left or 2 more colonies left?

From my experience i can say that if you abandon a colony you can never come back to the same tile afterwards, and can no longer view it. I assume that means that abandoning a colony gives you a free "slot" to create a new one. But i haven't tested actually reaching the limit.

PiggyBacon

Quote from: Hydromancerx on December 31, 2016, 11:05:04 PM
If you abandon a colony you can make another. Leaving one makes another one possible. Atleast it does for me. I have 1 massive fort then 2-4 mining camps that move around. Make a temporary colony mine minerals leave it move repeat.