[B18] Research Scrollbars (v1.4) (19/11/2017)

Started by Supes, February 13, 2017, 08:31:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Supes

Research Scrollbars

Description:
Simply adds an additional vertical scrollbar to the research window, doubling the viewable height for research that may had become inaccessible due to having loads of mods installed.

this overrides the Research tab, so it will be incompatible with other mods that override the research tab.

How to install:
- Unzip the contents and place them in your RimWorld/Mods folder.
- Activate the mod in the mod menu in the game.

Nexus Download Link

Change List
Initial Version, doubles vertical space

scrollwheel should work like vanilla again (horizontal scrolling)
view area should expand if more than 2x is needed (might need tweaking)
some minor changes to reflection and error catching

compatibility update

Updated for Alpha 17

1.4b
Updated for Beta 18

Donclarence

Finally, someone who understands my plight... Thank you, Supes; may your research tab be full and fulfilled!

MintyFr3sh

crusader2010

I found a (minor) issue with the mod. Scrolling with the mouse wheel does not seem to work when the cursor is placed below all of the boxes with research items. When the mouse is over any of the squares or text, the mouse wheel works just fine.

Simplest way to reproduce it: open the Research menu, scroll down with the mouse, then try to scroll up => down works, up doesn't.

Thank you very much for the mod!
My mod pack: {A13} Mod Mega Pack

Supes

So the vanilla game forces the list to scroll horizontally, I have a feeling the vanilla code for that interferes with the scrolling, so I've made my scrolling field do the same.

some minor changes to reflection and error catching

cotocobr

Quote from: Supes on February 13, 2017, 08:31:32 PM
Research Scrollbars

Description:
Simply adds an additional vertical scrollbar to the research window, doubling the viewable height for research that may had become inaccessible due to having loads of mods installed.

this overrides the Research tab, so it will be incompatible with other mods that override the research tab.

How to install:
- Unzip the contents and place them in your RimWorld/Mods folder.
- Activate the mod in the mod menu in the game.

Change List
Initial Version, doubles vertical space

some minor changes to reflection and error catchin
thanks for make this mod
+1

Karrade

Sixdd

This mod is a nice idea but I can't seem to get it working. I put it in my mods folder and enabled it in the mods menu but I still just have the one horizontal scrollbar. Also I'm using the 1.2 4x version from the Nexus. My mod list is here if someone would mind looking at it. https://pastebin.com/vyETAyde

EDIT: Nevermind, I didn't realize that the 4x version was a patch and not the full thing. All working now, great mod :)

Supes

I've updated Research Scrollbars for B18

for version 1.4/1.4b, 4x view can be set in the option screen rather than using a separate patch that the previous versions required.