[A16][WIP] Advanced Robotics: A New Era - Looking for a programmer~

Started by darkrown, January 01, 2017, 08:40:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

skullywag

Skullywag modded to death.
I'd never met an iterator I liked....until Zhentar saved me.
Why Unity5, WHY do you forsake me?

SpaceDorf

Maxim 1   : Pillage, then burn
Maxim 37 : There is no overkill. There is only open fire and reload.
Rule 34 of Rimworld :There is a mod for that.

TerrorThomasCao

Ooh oh living on a prayer... yes I know it's a different song but deal with it. XD

skullywag

Skullywag modded to death.
I'd never met an iterator I liked....until Zhentar saved me.
Why Unity5, WHY do you forsake me?

max_286

Kiwiroo

I am just learning to mod Rimworld, I'm seeing if this is something I can practically integrate (partially as practice, partially to help get this off the ground if you still need programming help)

darkrown

Wow, this thread is still going! I'd be lying if I said I hadn't almost forgotten about it. Gives me a real warm, fuzzy feeling to see how passionate people are about this idea :)

Sadly, the programmer situation hasn't changed yet, and I've been too busy with life to actually go out and search for a new one. Checking back a few posts on this thread, it seems like some new kind people are offering their help. I will be messaging them about developing the mod and I will post an update when/if anything comes out of it.

In regard to the modders that are asking for a release of the assets previewed in the main post, I'm sad to say that it's not going to happen, because of two main reasons. The first (and most important) is that the assets aren't finished yet. Even if I wanted to release a usable pack, I couldn't, because some of the pngs aren't completed or even started yet. The second reason is that I actually don't want people to be using them for a different purpose than this mod. When I first drafted the concept of Advanced Robotics, I had a very clear vision of what I wanted the mod to be like, including the visual direction. I'm very flattered that so many people have messaged be about using the work that I've done, but these assets were made specifically with this mod in mind and I'd like to keep it that way. I realize this might sound selfish, but after all, it's my work and my time that's going into making them, so I feel like I should be able to decide how they're going to be used.

Thanks for understanding, and thank you for showing so much interest in this project! In case this sounds like a quitting post, please rest assured that it's anything but. After seeing how many people are excited for this concept to become a real usable mod, I'm definitely motivated to continue. It might just take a little bit longer than originally expected, but please bear with me :)

pmcd124

@darkrown I made an account here just to encourage you to keep looking! I'd recommend making a post on r/rimworld about your mod and link it here, I'm sure there's ample users on reddit who would want to help make your idea a reality. Don't give up yet man, once you get the right guy helping you out your project could be the next big mod on the workshop :)

TerrorThomasCao

Yeah the art and planned features sound like they're could be as good as EPOE.

ilawz

Hey there, I'd like to help you code this mod. Pm me on here or add me on steam (same name) if you want to discuss further :)

SURU

Yay, i would like to help but I'm noob. Anyway, if you need someone PM me - do my best :)
CraPC: AMD Phenom X3 8750 | Club 3D Radeon 7770 | Gigabyte GA-MA770-DS3 | 4GB RAM DDR2 2x2GB Kingston
Don't go this way!