[A16][WIP] Advanced Robotics: A New Era - Looking for a programmer~

Started by darkrown, January 01, 2017, 08:40:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

skullywag

Im interested to see the code behind this, ive been working on my own droids mod for a bit now but mine has all the worktypes covered with custom work scanners etc, interested to see if you did things the same way.
Skullywag modded to death.
I'd never met an iterator I liked....until Zhentar saved me.
Why Unity5, WHY do you forsake me?

Ames

How about a Mecha Dragon or Mecha Wyvern?

Primal Lord

Quote from: Ames on January 03, 2017, 04:03:22 PM
How about a Mecha Dragon or Mecha Wyvern?

This is going to sound like I'm joking or I'm making fun of you but I'm 100% serious here, reading this gave me an idea..... Mecha Alpacas that give HyperMechaAlpaca WoolWeave, the ultimate synthetic fabric that has both the best heat and cold insulation multipliers along with the best armor multipliers :0

Ames

That sounds so cool!!! I am so glad I could help!! An ultimate armour is kind of one of the things I am still searching for too. BTW, still interested in that Mecha Dragon tho. :P

vgex

So... I'm impatient and I want this now. But I love this idea make it happin cappin

Nomsayinbrah

My oh my, this looks amazing! Please let this happen, don't let it die off x(

One thing though - How would that last construction bot work? the 25% chance it doesn't cost resources?
Won't people just be able to spam a construction, deconstruct, construct, deconstruct etc etc to gain resources?

It's an amazing idea! Only that part might be a little OP?

Looks sooooo good though

KEBW1144

Defiantly looks like one of the better robot mods would love to see this released. Really like the art the more I come back here to look the more it grows on me.

Cheers!

Pink Omega

It looks really good, keep it up please.

<=To Be Continued/\/

Cassiopea

Quote from: darkrown on January 03, 2017, 05:32:51 AM
also the ai takeover should be a very rare event, so I think it would be better off being disabled by difficulty than through the network type. but I am thinkining about tying the network type to certain other events~

Solar flare causing the managing AI to go haywire? Solar flares severely slowing down the robot caretakers?

I'm looking forward to this mod!  :D

Madman666

This definitely needs to exist! Mechanoids is an unexplored part of the game for now, they rarely attack and you can't do anything with them, but destroy and scrap for parts. So I am really looking forward to it. Probably won't be easy to balance all that with vanilla game though. The artwork is also looking fantastic.

I hope for your success, but coding all that will probably be sooo hard... Or maybe partly even impossible, like one pawn having 4 weapons and separate aiming\shooting etc. But this is reeeeally good concept. I will come by to read the news now and then for sure))

Lennbolt7

TerrorThomasCao

So I'm guessing this isnt out yet, but any chance for an ETA? And also if you have something rudimentary done, is there any chance of us getting a beta/basic version please? I'm so excited, the models look freaking awesome!

TheSoloGamer

The whole mod seems like a great idea, but I want to know if there could be the same robots but with different brands like RIMkea's rustic and rug lines etc. For example, current line/tier could be a mid/urb world line, A Transcendent line with higher quality and a lower quality Industrial/Experimental line. Each is researched using different techs (Experimental Robot tech, Urbworld Robotic tech etc.)

Scythah

I don't really have anything helpful to add, just like to say that this looks like an amazing mod in the works. The artwork alone is really good, fits the vanilla style very well. Can't wait to see this one come out!

No pressure of course, haha.

megatech2795

Same I can't wait to see this release! The art is very well done I have to say. I would ABSOLUTELY replace my robot mod with this one if it came out!!