[A16][WIP] Advanced Robotics: A New Era - Looking for a programmer~

Started by darkrown, January 01, 2017, 08:40:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nomsayinbrah

I keep coming back to this thread hoping for an update :(

(sorry im too excited)

SigmaPrometheus

Sincerely, this mod surely becomes one of the most beloved mods, simply miss the android to convince the prisoners and an option to cybernetize the pawns, to have an army of cyborgs ... ;D

PiggyBacon

This is what my GlitterWorld colonies need.....Slaves to do the grunt work rich intelligent pawns living in beautiful marble homes. And an army of murdering droids. I am prepared to offer you bionic muffalo for an early release.

Xevion

I'm currently in love with the art just by looking at it, currently getting ready to roll around on the floor for a few hours in love with the thought of just installing these.
I've been having way too many problems with cleaning and huge workloads, but this...this...has solved my god damn problem.
Thank you so much for making this!

Scythah

I had a thought, seems to me the only thing that's really missing is some kind of mining robot. Maybe the higher tiers have a chance to extract extra minerals from veins? Possibly a chance to produce small amounts of precious metals when mining normal stone blocks? Just some ideas.

TerrorThomasCao

Maybe buff the positive mood bonus for the final housekeeper tier or lower the negation of negative effects. With stacked effects, the negation would be really high. Also if you can, try to change the colors between the melee and ranged bots because it can be pretty hard to tell. Scythah's idea is also pretty cool but maybe combine it with other types of labor to make a worker bot?

Stinguerx

Quote from: Scythah on January 15, 2017, 02:40:49 AM
I had a thought, seems to me the only thing that's really missing is some kind of mining robot. Maybe the higher tiers have a chance to extract extra minerals from veins? Possibly a chance to produce small amounts of precious metals when mining normal stone blocks? Just some ideas.

The construction type is also the "mining type".

Scythah

Xevion

Quote from: Scythah on January 15, 2017, 07:58:45 PM
Quote from: Stinguerx on January 15, 2017, 06:28:03 PM
Quote from: Scythah on January 15, 2017, 02:40:49 AM

The construction type is also the "mining type".

Oh whoops, GGWP on my reading skills. Disregard then.
I was looking at this, and thinking "I really want to reply to this and tell this idiot about how intellectually behind he is, but that'd be mean and he is probably wanting a separate type that isn't construction, and definitely hasn't just failed to read a large portion of the thread...".

darkrown

bad news, guys: my coder just bailed on me so unless I can find someone else to help, this is canned. will post more updates when/if anything happens

Madman666

Yup, it was too good to be true. Damn. Lets pray for a gift of Heavens, I guess, - a heavenly coder dropped from the sky. I wish I could be of help, but my coding experience is limited by little projects based on me learning by example from existing codes making little changes.

Smexy_Vampire

T_T the dream of mechinodes in mycollany to fight off pandora storry

skullywag

ok, here goes, as per my last post here I am working on a bot mod, its not dissimilar to this mod, it has tiers of bot but its a lot more simplified with the bots doing the core jobs the colonists can do so far (hauling, mining, cooking, cleaning, growing). Im currently using Shinzys art from the MD2 mod (outdated) with his blessing, but due to the fact that they all look the same (ive coloured them slightly) and the fact that I want to add tiers to my mod in a simple way I would need to make art for those simpler tiers with his droids being the upper tier, im no artist. Your art lends itself quite well to that model.

So in short I can bring your bots to life but not exactly in the way envisioned in this mod. If thats appealing let me know.
Skullywag modded to death.
I'd never met an iterator I liked....until Zhentar saved me.
Why Unity5, WHY do you forsake me?

SihvMan

If you have the art assets ready, you could try using the Misc Robot eXtension mod to add the basics of your robots to the game. It even works well because your robots look kinda like Misc MAI.

If you give me a month, I'm willing to learn to code to bring this to life.   :D

Techgenius

MY GOD these are amazing, lets hope its not a colonists in disguise, I really miss mipen droids mod. I'm more than willing to test any new robotics prototype mods out there, beta testing has been the core of my gaming life.

@hydromancer is just everywhere...