Option or Mod to remove certain animals from the game

Started by masterpain, January 01, 2017, 10:07:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

masterpain

I'd like to see an option or mod to remove certain animals from the game.  Like the Boomrats and the Boomalopes.

schizmo

Theres probably a mod but I doubt this will be added to the main game.

Primal Lord

I could probably rig up a mod for this real quick to at least disable wild ones (merchants may still bring them), make a list up of animals you want removed and I'll see what i can do.

schizmo

Quote from: Primal Lord on January 02, 2017, 03:21:22 AM
I could probably rig up a mod for this real quick to at least disable wild ones (merchants may still bring them), make a list up of animals you want removed and I'll see what i can do.

Might as well go the extra step and make it a toggle list so players can pick and choose.

Primal Lord

Unfortunately i don't know how to do stuff that advanced yet, maybe in the future, but this would basically be the animal wouldn't spawn in the wild as long as the mods active, depending on the quality it might not even get a publicly released

masterpain

Boomalopes and Boomrats are the only ones that really annoy me.

Primal Lord

Quote from: masterpain on January 02, 2017, 10:56:16 PM
Boomalopes and Boomrats are the only ones that really annoy me.

Here's a basic edit to disable wild spawning of them, they will still spawn:
Possibly on world creation
With traders
Random Events
From giving birth from one of the above

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ij02tkfxcck96mj/NoWildBooms.rar?dl=0

They shouldn't appear besides those 4 occurrences anymore, severely limiting how much you'll see them, and unless you loot merchants then clearing the world of them should be the last time you really have a problem with them unless a manhunter event happens with them.

Should be able to use in existing saves, and if you have any mods that add additional creatures or textures you may have to load this first, let me know if there's any problems :).

masterpain

masterpain

Looks like they still spawn regularly on the map.  I was able to figure out how to prevent them from being part of manhunters event.