[A16] Trader shows up and falls asleep - Can't trade.

Started by Trylobyte, January 23, 2017, 12:55:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Trylobyte

Putting this here because I do have mods installed, even if none of them seem relevant to the problem.

I had an NPC bulk trader arrive at my colony.  As soon as the caravan arrived at my base, the trader (and only the trader) fell asleep on the floor, where he remained for the entire day.  When he woke up the caravan left immediately, leaving me no time to interact with the caravan in any way.

Calahan

Thank you for the bug report, but can you please provide a bit more information. Namely:

1 - What map size are you playing on.
2 - What the weather conditions were (was the ground snow covered?).
3 - Any other factors that you think might increase the journey time from the edge of the map.

As this might be WAD and not a bug, since trader Pawns have needs, including the need for sleep. So if it took the trader a long time to reach your base from the edge of the map, then they might fall asleep the moment they arrive. Also keep in mind you don't have to wait for a trader to arrive at your base to trade with them, as you can send one of your Pawns to meet them. But hard to know for certain if this is WAD or bugged without some further information on the circumstances.

Also, it would help if you could please post a list of the mods you use (or just post your log file as an attachment, as that will have your mod list in it). As even though you might not think any of them affect this, I have replied to several bug reports caused by mods where the reporter was confident the mods didn't cause the bug, but it turned out the mods were the cause.

Trylobyte

1)  The map was indeed the largest size, which didn't help things (I plotted out the distance and the trader had to walk ~220 tiles to reach the spot he fell asleep).  However, the only pawn who fell asleep was the trader - All his guards (6 or so) stayed alert throughout.

2)  The weather was clear, I believe, and it was fall season with no snow.

3)  He had a pretty straight line from the map edge to my base.  A few exploding boomalopes cleared out most of the vegetation on that part of the map not long ago, so he didn't even have to contend with a lot of trees.

Mod list on this save, in loading order:  HugsLib, EdB Prepare Carefully, More Trade Ships, RT Fuse, Crafting Hysteresis, RimFridge, More Vanilla Turrets, Animal Tab, Efficient Light, Mad Skills, Set-Up Camp, Camping Stuff, Vegetable Garden, Hand Me That Brick, Where Is Rich Soil, Tilled Soil, RT's Weapon Pack.

I accept this may be WAD (the game does mention the larger maps may act funny) but it's still surprising that, again, it was just that one pawn that passed out, and that he stayed out for about 16 hours.  I didn't rush out to meet him because I didn't want to do a lot of long-distance hauling jobs if I could just want for him to show up, so it came as a real surprise when he showed up and passed out.

Rockchecker

This has happened to me as well, in two different colonies. I play on the default map size with no mods. The traders fell asleep almost immediately and only woke up when I got the notification that the caravan was leaving. (I was able to trade at that point since I was able to catch up with them.)

Sorry I don't have too much more information to add, but I do have screenshots because I thought it was funny. You can see in the screenshot that it is only the trader that falls asleep, not the other people in the caravan.

(I've only added one of the screenshots due to the file size limit.)

[attachment deleted by admin due to age]

ison

I've made it so now trader caravans will wake up sooner, so the player has a chance to trade before the trader leaves. Thanks for reporting.