16.1393- A deaf Pawn still gets -25 social debuff from 2nd Pawn w annoying voice

Started by ZachOfA11Trades, January 10, 2017, 02:10:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ZachOfA11Trades

1. What the circumstances were.
2. What happened.
A pawn that has a health status of "None (efficiency 0%)" for hearing due to having lost both ears, still receives a -25 social modifier in relation to Pawns with the annoying voice trait.

3. What you expected to happen.
I would expect a Pawn with no ability to hear to not be affected by another Pawn's annoying voice.

4. Reproduction steps
- Spawn a Pawn with the annoying voice trait.
-- Spawn another Pawn, and use dev mode to remove both ears.
- Or...

5. Savegame
Here is a save game file of the above.
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/97382000/Annoying%20Voice%20Deaf%20Test.zip

End

Mod edit (Calahan) - The above text and attached screenshot are mine. The original OP was a report relating to Pawns that are psychically deaf receiving the -25 social debuff from Pawns with the annoying voice trait. Or at least that is my interpretation of the original OP (although apologies to ZachOfA11Trades if I interpreted the post incorrectly). With the help of others, this has been deemed as WAD because psychically deaf is not the same thing as hearing deaf. The original OP can be found below (also please note I have edited the title twice. Once to reflect the original report, and a second time to reflect my amended report. I unfortunately did not take note of the original title before editing it).

------------------------------------

A character with the deaf attribute has had interactions with a character with the annoying voice attribute, and she has -25 favor with him because of his annoying voice, when she should have no quarrel with that feature.

s4

Mod edit (Calahan) - I've edited the title to better summarise the issue.

[attachment deleted by admin due to age]

BugPowderDust

Sorry to be a party pooper, but you said your pawn was psychically deaf, not hearing deaf? In that case, annoying voice would still be annoying

Fluffy (l2032)

psychically deaf just means he/she is deaf to psychic events, e.g. the random drone things.

Calahan

@ ZachOfA11Trades - Hope you don't mind but I've heavily edited hijacked your OP to report a related bug. As if I've interpreted your OP correctly, what you are reporting is WAD and not a bug. Although I do apologise if I've interpreted your OP incorrectly, and that your were not referring to the psychically deaf trait in your text (re: "A character with the deaf attribute").

@ BugPowderDust & Fluffy - Thanks for pointing that out. When I checked this report earlier I didn't twig the significance of "psychically" deaf, and so when I edited the title, based on the OP's text, I included "psychically" to specify the trait in question. But I didn't actually take pause to consider whether, logically, this was a bug or not.

Though I believe you are both correct in pointing out that psychically deaf is not the same as hearing deaf, although...I then decided to test for hearing deafness, and a Pawn with no hearing still appears to receive the -25 social debuff from the annoying voice trait. Which does appear to be a bug, so I have edited the OP to reflect this (unless I'm misunderstanding something in relation to a hearing status of "None").

Thanks again for the help (and in pointing out my earlier mistake). Much appreciated.

ZachOfA11Trades

Lol, thanks all for figuring out the bug that i truly meant to report. And no all edits and corrections were greatly appreciated.

Tynan

We should also ensure that blind pawns don't care about ugliness or disfigurement (hediffs).
Tynan Sylvester - @TynanSylvester - Tynan's Blog

XeoNovaDan

"MY BEST FRIEND IS THE STAGGERINGLY UGLY COLONIST WITH AN ANNOYING VOICE AND CREEPY BREATHING! I'M BLIND AND DEAF AND I HAVE NO CLUE IF THEY'RE INSULTING ME OR NOT BUT WE ARE BEST FRIENDS REGARDLESS!"