While forming caravan, pawns stop and stand endlessly

Started by ruddthree, January 02, 2017, 01:16:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ruddthree

I decided to form a caravan in order to reach a ship site to beat the game. During the forming process, I expected the colonists to keep on working until all the supplies were loaded on, but instead, they just stopped half-way through and are now simply standing around. Drafting and un-drafting, and prioritizing other work does not fix this. Every so often they load one or two stacks of supplies on before going back to the same spot to stand.

I'm thinking this is might be the amount of supplies I've listed (about or over 100kg), but I'm not sure.

Jack_Treehorn

I've got this same issue. Colonists not forming caravan. They just stand by the Muffalo "Wandering". My mining colony is now stranded.

zkestner

I don't have too many mods loaded, but when I click to "Form Caravan" none of my colonists show up in the "People and Animals" section even if I change the category or how it is sorted by. Are there any known mods that would cause this such as Glitter Tech? I've searched everywhere and I can't seem to find anyone else who has had this problem.. I'd really like to try out the new caravan addition but until this gets fixed I won't be able to... All of the items in the item menu for forming a caravan are there, it's just the "People and Animals" section that is blank with no option to add anything..

Jack_Treehorn

I found a work around. Debug menu and when you go form caravan you can force it to instantly go to world view. Still doesn't fix the cause but it did save my stranded colony.

ruddthree

Quote from: Jack_Treehorn on January 05, 2017, 11:41:40 PM
I found a work around. Debug menu and when you go form caravan you can force it to instantly go to world view. Still doesn't fix the cause but it did save my stranded colony.

I'm not quite sure what you mean. Does that instantly form the caravan, and skip the loading process?

Jack_Treehorn

Yeah it skips loading the muffalo and the caravan instantly forms onto world map.

Berkyjay

I keep having issues with caravan formation taking far too long and my pawns and animals dropping over due to exhaustion and starvation.  Seems like this task is taking priority over self-preservation.

Tynan

Can any of you post a save game where this is happening? Or some clear instructions on how to reproduce it?

A savegame would really be ideal.
Tynan Sylvester - @TynanSylvester - Tynan's Blog

ruddthree

I would've posted a save file, but I don't know how (I have never put something up for download ever). As for instructions, this is the best I can do:

1. Form a caravan with two colonists, three muffalos, and about 90-100 kg of supplies.
2. Just wait, there was no set time in which the pawns stopped, but the most common point was near/around when half of the supplies were loaded.

I DID notice that when I tried making a second caravan, changing the supply load slightly, it finished smoothly. The difference was that I had hay removed from the list at the caravan formation screen. That being said, I have not tested out this to see if it was just blind luck, but it's at least something to use, right?

Calahan

@ ruddthree

Your best option for uploading a save file is to first .zip the save file using a utility such as WinRAR or 7zip, and then if the resulting archive file is small enough you can attach it to a forum post as a file attachment (there is a 600kb size limit for attachments). If the archive is too big to post as an attachment then you will need to use a third party service to host the file and then post the download link. Some options for hosts are Dropbox or GoogleDrive (for cloud storage), or Mega and Zippyshare (for file sharing).

If you encounter any problems uploading the file then please post again and we can find an alternative option if need be.

Jack_Treehorn

Ok here is a save file.
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B8kw0l2XGyJdLWFtTngwTm51cXM
All you need to do is get the 3 person colony to try form a caravan and the bug should happen. I saw the debug log and it said the bug occurred in the muffalos pathfinding.

Pushover

I have an instance of this happening, see attached.

Seems like my pawns are all trying and failing to pick up a pile of rice, throwing a NRE when they try.

[attachment deleted by admin due to age]

Pushover

My best guess is that it has something to do with stacks deteriorating to the next price level while forming the caravan. It's been happening fairly consistently when I have a lot of corn outside that I am trying to form a caravan with, and some of the corn is at ~80-85%. I'll try to reproduce with dev tools at some point.

Pushover

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B5n7YhgyIkKPVHJJX2FiVnplREU/view?usp=sharing

Managed to get it to consistently bug out here. Still not 100% sure of the repro steps, but at least you can see a setup where it fails, before the failure occurs.

York is in the process of forming a caravan with all the cloth. If you immediately order him to haul the cloth in the top left corner, the caravan prep breaks. My belief is that it has something to do with averaging item health, and nothing of the correct type of item (quality) existing anymore. However, I've found it hard to reproduce reliably. I've seen a few different errors associated with forming caravans and standing around. The attached one is the ...started 10 jobs in 10 ticks.

Sometimes, drafting and moving the pawn will get them to pick up a different stack of items, which can sometimes avoid this error, but it's a little unreliable.

Null1k

Maybe it will help.
I have problem like this and my caravan don't go because  animal zone/area don't give they going from "end" map. "End" map - end of hexogen of map where u living.
I think u understand what i mean.