Ludeon Forums

• June 27, 2019, 05:10:42 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Which of mine ideas  should I add next?

No need for crafters, ores are now smelted in similar fashion as beer ferments, in primitive smelters or industrial blast furnances
New metals and their alloys
Industrial auto-miners - getting rid of need for manpower
Facilities enhancing mining speed, yield etc.

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]

Author Topic: [1.0]Rimworld Ore Processing v 1.9 (Now EVEN more balanced then ever!!)  (Read 16791 times)

WolfgangPolska

• Colonist
  • Beginner modder, but i hate making art. -.-
    • View Profile
Re: [1.0]Rimworld Ore Processing v 1.9 (Now EVEN more balanced then ever!!)
« Reply #60 on: April 19, 2019, 03:31:17 PM »

I want to adress some stuff:
-Currently chunks are suppoused to be chosen randomly, but for some reason only marble chunks are randomized. Slight ajustments should be made to randomizing algorithm.
-Ore, and stone dictionaries are features I would very much like to implement, yet I still lack some skill and time to do that.
- Mining platforms work like drills, so they wont be billed anytime soon.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2019, 03:33:22 PM by WolfgangPolska »
I have no idea how, but it works!!!

vovik

• Drifter
  • ima human
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: April 19, 2019, 06:07:08 PM »

Can i choose several items from list?
In addition to new alloys id like a recipe to make existing alloys - like plasteel, existing weaves, etc...
Idea bout blast furnaces is perfect.
Idea about facilities is good also - like wheelcart and rack with specialized instruments (both can be relocated)
Trust nobody, account for all possible outcomes.

WolfgangPolska

• Colonist
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: April 20, 2019, 04:24:46 AM »

Can i choose several items from list?
In addition to new alloys id like a recipe to make existing alloys - like plasteel, existing weaves, etc...
Idea bout blast furnaces is perfect.
Idea about facilities is good also - like wheelcart and rack with specialized instruments (both can be relocated)

Plasteel is now obtainable at mining spot, although is has small chance to be found, same as uranium.
I'm planning to make more tech-levels for furnaces, with diffrent efficiency and smelting speed stats.
Autominer is the next c# based thing to come, so stay tuned!

vovik

• Drifter
  • ima human
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: April 21, 2019, 04:03:07 AM »

There are already mods for auto- haulers, miners, no need to invent a wheel, please.
Trust nobody, account for all possible outcomes.

Canute

• Transcendent
  • Refugee
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: April 21, 2019, 05:25:05 AM »

vovik,
each modder got his own ideas. Thats mostlike why they start to create their own mod instead to expand another mod. Not to speak about the time he need to dig into the other mod's code if he just want to adapt the code for his own.

His idea's with prospecting ore deposit with pawn is very unique.
Sure he could adapt Quarry mod and create a micro-quarry (2x2) to put on these deposits.
Or use Angie's old Mines mod which worked with bills.
But i think i got a feeling what he want to realize and both wouldn't fit his needs.

JJATH

• Muffalo
  • Dog Hunter
    • View Profile

If this mod is still getting worked on, how about removing compacted steel from the map? It doesn't seem very real that you find these in mountains and such and should just be removed to maybe 1%, hell I'd even go for 0% as I find it to speed up my game quite fast, I think compacted machinery could be removed as well or put down to a 1% marker. Just thinking it would be more fun with actually making the resources ourselves instead of having to just get it pretty much all the time.

I was thinking of doing it myself but I couldn't find out how to do it and make it compatible with your mod. Anyway, I hope you'll read this. Thanks for the mod

WolfgangPolska

• Colonist
    • View Profile

Yeah, but "compacted steel" should give off iron ore when mined, and it still does when I checked last, unless u have mods thay alter mineable yields higher in mod order. Currently I have a break, but after exams I'm plannig to continiue working on this project.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]