[1.3] Dubs Bad Hygiene | Mint Menus/Minimap | Paint Shop | Rimkit | Skylights

Started by Dubwise, January 02, 2017, 02:52:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dubwise

Quote from: Hydromancerx on January 08, 2017, 07:23:12 PM
Quote from: dubwise56 on January 08, 2017, 03:38:47 PM
i don't want to start checking for other peoples mods to use their buildings too i would rather add my own, and im focusing on things that i can copy back to mars right now, you can probably swap out the graphics for personal use though

Well can you make your own Medieval Toilet, Sink and Bathtub? I know its not Mars themed but it would be a great addition to this mod.

Yup i'll get round to it, lots of mods on the go, lots of things to fix

PudgyElderGod

> Nurse outfit

Make it happen.

Jecrell's Call of Cthulu Factions mod has a nurse outfit.

Hydromancerx

Quote from: dubwise56 on January 09, 2017, 10:04:52 AM
Quote from: Hydromancerx on January 08, 2017, 07:23:12 PM
Quote from: dubwise56 on January 08, 2017, 03:38:47 PM
i don't want to start checking for other peoples mods to use their buildings too i would rather add my own, and im focusing on things that i can copy back to mars right now, you can probably swap out the graphics for personal use though

Well can you make your own Medieval Toilet, Sink and Bathtub? I know its not Mars themed but it would be a great addition to this mod.

Yup i'll get round to it, lots of mods on the go, lots of things to fix

Thanks! I look forward to them.

sanya02

Hi! Can do that other colonists did not go to one room, the toilet!? I don't like when I was in the other room go colonists!

sidfu

for sick people probaly have whre out of hay u craft a rag and use that to wipe them down. but for bathroom have where u craft a jug thats used on them. also just have them both disappaer like medicent to keep clutter down.

Dubwise

Just updated Dubs Bad Hygiene to v1.0.1

Updated all the graphics
Made pipes slightly smaller
New jobs for washing bedridden patients and cleaning up bed pans
showers now cool off heatstroke and warm up hypothermia
wash buckets now reinstallable

for a patient to use bed pans the bed must be set to medical

enjoy!

Owlchemist

Quote from: dubwise56 on January 10, 2017, 07:59:58 PM
Just updated Dubs Bad Hygiene to v1.0.1

Updated all the graphics
Made pipes slightly smaller
New jobs for washing bedridden patients and cleaning up bed pans
showers now cool off heatstroke and warm up hypothermia
wash buckets now reinstallable

for a patient to use bed pans the bed must be set to medical

enjoy!

Minor issue spotted: my dedicated cleaner was washing people while they were sleeping. People that had nothing wrong with them, just going bedroom to bedroom. Makes for a good story though, lol, bit socially awkward!

Hydromancerx

I think when you updated the Latrines it made mine face backwards and it messed up the pathing of the pawns. They would stand there all creepy and not haul or clean. They don't seem to do that anymore after I deleted the latrine and the replaced the right direction (not into a wall).

Dubwise

Quote from: Hydromancerx on January 11, 2017, 07:17:40 AM
I think when you updated the Latrines it made mine face backwards and it messed up the pathing of the pawns. They would stand there all creepy and not haul or clean. They don't seem to do that anymore after I deleted the latrine and the replaced the right direction (not into a wall).

Ah yes sorry the first version had the graphics the wrong way round so i decided to flip them, i could of left it but it would of bothered me so decided to break everyones toilets now and get it out of the way

Thirite

Damn fine mod. I've been playing it for a bit now and love the added complexity it brings to base building. What determines the amount of faeces/urine on the floor when a pawn uses a toilet though? Apparently half my pawns are the revolting kind of person that ruin public bathrooms.

Dubwise

Quote from: Thirite on January 11, 2017, 03:51:47 PM
Damn fine mod. I've been playing it for a bit now and love the added complexity it brings to base building. What determines the amount of faeces/urine on the floor when a pawn uses a toilet though? Apparently half my pawns are the revolting kind of person that ruin public bathrooms.

its totally random right now, i'll reduce the chance of faeces appearing, and i want to modify it so there's a tiny chance for women to leave urine, slight chance for men, and a very very big chance for drunk men. I'm also doing toilet seats now, chances for seats to be left up, some people might be offended, fatburgs blocking pipes, the sewage proc will have a max limit on connected facilities so you will have to build more. Washing dead mans clothes, maybe soiling clothes if i can copy that same system. Lots of things to add

Hydromancerx

Some ideas / requests ...

Wooden Bathtub
Doesn't require water pipes.

Modern Bathtub
Requires water pipes.

Hot Tub
Gives fun and hygene.

Love Hot Tub
Can "Lov'n" in it.

Sonic Shower
Uses electricity instead of water. Glitterworlds everywhere use the Sonic Shower.

Grugsy

after giggling at Hydro's Sims wishlist... it brought up the thought that the wooden tub would be a very good in between for teh bucket and showers. also thought about the idea of an in between for plumbing as well.. but it would need some kind of water supply and the ability to dig ditches. (also an idea for irrigation) the sewage would create a mud bog over time that gives a bad smell and increased infection chance to any one that walks in it. so you would have to plan well. maybe a well and fresh water buckets until medieval when hand pumps/windmill could be used and a crude pipe system could be made? also...another idea for making the moisture pump more useful once it's available tech.

szypkiyakwonsz

FUK YEA SKYLIGHTS - I mean, that's the feature that should be added long long long ago. This allows us (finally) to build greenhouses heated by campfires or whatsoever.

Although it's still punishing during winters (forgot to refuel campfire? oopsey), low cost and no research makes it utterly overpowered. Could You think about either some simple resource (glass from glass&lights instead of metal?) or just any research, so you have to put actually some effort before You gets it?

Zebukin

Hi. And thanks for mods.
I have few suggestions for some balance andaesthetics.

1) Skylights. It preferable to see these roof windows only when roof-layer is on. Now they make harder to operate with winter farm.
Also I see that skylights work more like lamps, neither like holes in the roof.

2) Hygiene. It is pretty good balanced except two moments:
   a) If someone can`t reach toilet, he shit in pants. Not so true at all. It is preferable if pawn run outside home-zone, or to nearest tree/bush. If pawn can`t reach such place in 15 minutes or 100 squares path (for ingame time) he will do it anywhere and make lot of shit.
  b) A patient, who was sent «to rest untill full healing» do it, and even do not go toilet. But why? He can walk and he can do it. For patients the time shold be shorter (9 mins) and path can be smaller too (50 sq).