[1.3] Dubs Bad Hygiene | Mint Menus/Minimap | Paint Shop | Rimkit | Skylights

Started by Dubwise, January 02, 2017, 02:52:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dubwise

No idea how hospitality works, my needs are set to only work on prisoners and colonists with the jobs injected into the colonist/prisoner ai. Im taking a wild guess but if hospitality forces colonist needs onto visitors then i assume they use some custom ai so you would have to go into the defs yourself and inject my job drivers into their visitor ai

Codexehow

I would need to test to confirm this, but I'm 99% sure that if you use the cell door from the Prison Expansions mod on your stalls, the AI won't consider them separate rooms ;). If so, I would think that the same logic could be applied to a "stall door" or something.

Dubwise

custom doors that don't use the standard door class get ignored when rooms are calculated, i don't really want to add them because people might use them between bedrooms and en-suite bathroom then get confused as to why their bathroom gets called a bedroom, there's a couple of things i might try adding later that would change behavior based on if its a public or private bathroom, which might make that type of stall door fiddly too.

Trigon

I have hospitality and guests do just fine. I've never actually kept track enough to pay attention to whether or not they use the bathroom, but they don't have penalties for being grimy or pooping outside, so I'm not sure.

Nemesis688

Anyway to add this to an existing game? Is there anything I can add/remove from the save file? Or is it just not possible.

Dubwise

Defection

Any chance of making plumbing invisible? Like from the mod "stuffed conduits - hidden power conduits", you can make from different materials but you can't actually see them.

Dubwise

didn't really want to do a bury mode or a pipe that's just totally invisible, so i have been trying to get pipes to sit in between the ground and floors in the same layer as scatterables so you just need to floor over them, i spent a while figuring out how the sectionlayer draws altitude and i think i can do it, i'm busy trying to finish off rimushima v3 first though because people have been waiting a long time

Defection

Quote from: dubwise56 on March 06, 2017, 11:57:38 AM
didn't really want to do a bury mode or a pipe that's just totally invisible, so i have been trying to get pipes to sit in between the ground and floors in the same layer as scatterables so you just need to floor over them, i spent a while figuring out how the sectionlayer draws altitude and i think i can do it, i'm busy trying to finish off rimushima v3 first though because people have been waiting a long time
It was just an idea, i didn't know you were doing other mods at the moment. Sorry and thanks for reply  :) Rimushima also great mod. I used it in A15 .Take your time and good luck!!

Ruisuki

How would that work? I've heard a similar thing can be done to hide conduits on the ground; laying paved tiles over them. If you laid down flooring first would you simply be able to remove flooring and then readd it to hide the pipes? Or would you need to delete everything and be sure to lay down pipes then floor?

Dubwise

would just be setup so the pipes are drawn at an altitude between the natural terrain and floors, terrain and floors have different altitudes in the enum but using that doesn't seem to work when it comes to actually drawing them, if i set the pipe to the terrain altitude it still printed above floors, its probably because of how everything is drawn in the sectionLayer print functions so i need to snoop around in there a bit more

Defection

Dubwise

if you just want them to always be invisible you can replace the pipe atlas in the textures folder with a blank png

Defection

I know, but your textures are good. Not sure if i want them visible or not  ;D

Trigon

I like the pipes and optimally they would work exactly how you're going for, with the layer between the ground and the floor. I actually like running them through gardens and pretending they're irrigation systems of a sort.