[1.3] Dubs Bad Hygiene | Mint Menus/Minimap | Paint Shop | Rimkit | Skylights

Started by Dubwise, January 02, 2017, 02:52:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ruisuki

do you get a mood bonus for keeping yourself clean or only avoid the malus achieved when under 30%

Codexehow

I *think* I've seen a "squeaky clean" buff, but could be wrong.

Sinza

Hey Dub,

is it possible to increase the area which is lit up by the windows? I would quite like it to be the double range.
I already tried to change the code like this but this didnt change it:

<comps>
<li Class="CompProperties_Glower">
<overlightRadius>8</overlightRadius>
<glowRadius>5</glowRadius>
<glowColor>(0,0,0,0)</glowColor>
</li>
</comps>

Greetings Cedric

Trigon

I've noticed both clean and squeaky clean buffs. Squeaky clean is +10 and regular clean is 3-5 iirc.

Dubwise

Quote from: Sinza on March 14, 2017, 11:05:09 AM
Hey Dub,

is it possible to increase the area which is lit up by the windows? I would quite like it to be the double range.
I already tried to change the code like this but this didnt change it:

<comps>
<li Class="CompProperties_Glower">
<overlightRadius>8</overlightRadius>
<glowRadius>5</glowRadius>
<glowColor>(0,0,0,0)</glowColor>
</li>
</comps>

Greetings Cedric

It gets scaled up in the code, i made it 3x3 because i was getting some strange overlap problem with the glow grid where sometimes cells would be stuck at 50% lit when they should be 100. So you have to stick to 3x3 lit area with 2 cell gaps between each light. I fiddled around some more today to see if i could work out why it does that but didn't get anywhere

Sinza

Quote from: dubwise56 on March 14, 2017, 04:54:27 PM
It gets scaled up in the code, i made it 3x3 because i was getting some strange overlap problem with the glow grid where sometimes cells would be stuck at 50% lit when they should be 100. So you have to stick to 3x3 lit area with 2 cell gaps between each light. I fiddled around some more today to see if i could work out why it does that but didn't get anywhere

Ok. Thank you for your answer and for your great mods!
Keep the good work up.

Ruisuki

1. why do hammers and power drills both give bonuses to construction? I thought a hammer would be used for sculpting. Whats the incentive to use one over another?

2. Any way to make these tools available to colonists who are incapable of violence? Probably not since they double as weapons right?

Dubwise

hammers are much cheaper and faster to craft than power drills, if you are tight on resources or time then you might consider using hammers instead, crafters already get the tool boxes and these tools are just handheld versions with the same stat boosts for mobile jobs. The non violent equipping thing is annoying, i haven't had time to look for ways to trick them into equipping, and they need to be weapons rather than accessories because i want the situations where you might be fighting off people using nothing but hammers and pick axes, and in mars its fun when jeff goes insane and tries to kill everyone with a power drill

Ruisuki

Dubwise

Quote from: Ruisuki on March 23, 2017, 08:57:18 PM
does cleanliness impact infection chances at all?

Nope its just mood for now, not sure what stats i could offset to do that, maybe possible by adding a hidden hediff when cleanliness falls below the minimum sort of natural sweat level when they get exposed to blood and guts and other nasty stuff

Ruisuki

More of an incentive to keep places clean ya.
Anyone know if skylights work over mountains btw? Probably shouldnt right

Dubwise

Updates incoming soon.

Skylights have been tweaked to try fix the 50% lit bug and have much wider radius.

In response to the news that self healing is being added to A17 i have changed the medkits in Rimkit so they are no longer a work giver which was fiddly, and instead the kits are now a consumable accessory with a limited number of uses, and they add 3 buttons that allows the wearer to bandage their own wounds on the spot, or find the nearest best bed to bandage in, or bandage others on the spot, so you can do bandaging in the middle of a firefight or have dedicated medics running around patching people up without needing beds, i also added a glitter medkit.

As for bad hygiene, now that hospitality has been updated to include the required job drivers for the hygiene needs i have turned the needs back on for visitors which seems to be working happily. Underfloor pipes are now standard, so you can see them above dirt and rock but they are hidden under layered flooring. Pawns will now hold it in while drafted, and make multiple attempts to use bathrooms before giving up and taking a dump on the floor. I copied over the new pipe code from Rimatomics which eliminates the stutters from blowing up sections of pipe and improves performance on large bases.

And my central heating is finally up and running as you can see in the snap below. You get white and stuff based radiators with temp control, a duel-fuel stove that runs on chemfuel and wood, an electric immersion heater and solar heaters, these all directly heat the radiators which then act like normal old electric heaters but they will hold a small amount of heat for a while if the boilers fail for any reason, and you can add large hot water storage tanks to build up a big buffer of hot water for coldsnaps or powercuts and such. Baths and showers don't require hot water yet because i want to keep the central heating part optional for now, i might add that in a17 with some other bits and bobs depending on how rivers will work.

Ruisuki

The true homie dubs putting in work. This is awesome, love the heating addition specially given redisheat has been throwing problems. That and vanilla drop 3x heaters in a hallway heating is so lame. Is there any chance of us seeing a spacer aesthetic variant for what we see above sometime in the far future?

Dubwise

thanks :D it should make heating simpler and a bit more stable since you can just plop a stove or boiler and slap rads in every room and not have to worry about vents or having power usage spiking up and down when the heaters decide to ramp up and down.

At the moment the rads only use up the heat they need to warm the room so once it reaches the desired temp its kind of like if a person closes the valve, then the room just needs topping up with little blips of heat and then rads behave like mini versions of the hot water storage tank, with lots of stored heat sudden loss of power or fuel or cold snaps wont claim your hydroponics or toes anymore, and when the weather warms up you can just switch of the central heaters rather than zooming out and doing a select all on individual heaters to flick them all off.

The solar heaters should be a bit hit and miss because i want to make them sensitive to cold ambient temps, so they might be a good way to store up lots of free heat in the large hot water tanks if its the right season and biome because when they do work they will be super powerful, but big and fugly.

And a spacer version of the boilers would just be the immersion heater but in a silver box with a blinky light, which is probably what the mars version will be with a built in CH4 burner, maybe i could just use that but make it a dual electric and chemfuel burner.

Dubwise

Another situation could be if you had cold weather, built loads of heaters and power generation, then it warms up again and you have bucket loads of excess power so you decide to build hydroponics and autodoors and other crap to make use of it all, and then a cold snap strikes and all your heaters decide to run full blast at the same time and gulp all the power in your batteries. Then instead of having to go nuts building fireplaces everywhere, and even if you don't have a big hot water tank spare to keep rads on, you could just go switch on the spare stove heater and voila all your radiators are back up to temp because its isolated from the power grid, so its easy to reconfig the central heating source from 1 type to another instantaneously to keep the rads hot, as opposed to electric heaters where you would have to start up some generators and start running around switching off all non essentials to make sure the power gets just to those heaters and fast or you start losing crops and toes then jeff goes mad and starts stabbing people and your colony spirals out of control.

Just a thought  :P