[1.3] Dubs Bad Hygiene | Mint Menus/Minimap | Paint Shop | Rimkit | Skylights

Started by Dubwise, January 02, 2017, 02:52:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Autocthon

I can't say for certain but I think there is a limit on how much plumbing that can be layed. Granted I am using a lot of plumbing but past a certain point, just as I go to lay a length of pipe the game crashes straight to desktop, no freeze or pause just insta crash. So could I be right or could a mod conflict cause this?

Dubwise

I just spammed a few thousand sections of pipes without any problems, it could be a specific cell that you are trying to build on that's fubar and making something else spaz out and cause the crash

Autocthon

Quote from: dubwise56 on May 05, 2017, 06:46:35 AM
I just spammed a few thousand sections of pipes without any problems, it could be a specific cell that you are trying to build on that's fubar and making something else spaz out and cause the crash

That would make sense, however this is the second game I've ran into this problem. I started the new game to test if maybe I had a corrupt save or something. Last night after I posted here I pruned the plumbing on my base extensively and can now lay pipe with no issues again. I'm thinking  it may a limitation on my hardware to render that much pipe (which would be weird because my PC exceeds the specs on the game), or the game engine can't handle that much pipe, or there's a messed up cell, like you said.

I should mention I wanted an extensive mountain to build in so I used the lay rock 21x21 command a fair bit. Could that be the culprit? Oh and I'm using a map at the largest size.

Dubwise

yeah the dev tools have a tendency to introduce errors, i get them all the time using god mode to build bases quickly for testing, or when clearing large sections of a base, the pipes are drawn the same way as conduit so probably not that

Canute

QuoteI should mention I wanted an extensive mountain to build in so I used the lay rock 21x21 command a fair bit. Could that be the culprit? Oh and I'm using a map at the largest size.
Since you played on a large map, and RW is still just a 32bit, could it be possible that RW run out of memory and crashed at this way ?

Dubwise

Oh i missed the bit about it being max size map, i never test on anything bigger than standard map size, at those sizes everything's just at your own risk

I just figured out a simpler solution for managing clothes in baths and showers, pawns are naked but the clothes are never removed which means you wont get cold alerts and it removes the need for a custom nude thought worker class, need to test it a little more but it will probably be included in the A17 patch along with a fix for the skynet mod, and new sewage outlets for rivers so medieval games can have plumbing without power if there is a river nearby

ChairmanPoo

Suggestion: add a way to stop fueling multi-fuel stoves as to save fuel in warm seasons...

faltonico

Incapacitated prisoners always seem to soil themselves, colonist do clean them (as in wash them), but they as far i have seen, never prevent them from soiling themselves, it doesn't happen with colonist though.

AngleWyrm

Some inspiration

Night Soil
QuoteHuman excreta may be attractive as fertilizer because of the high demand for fertilizer and the relative availability of the material to create night soil. In areas where native soil is of poor quality, the local population may weigh the risk of using night soil.

The use of unprocessed human feces as fertilizer is a risky practice as it may contain disease-causing pathogens. Nevertheless, in some developing nations it is still widespread. Common parasitic worm infections, such as ascariasis, in these countries are linked to night soil use in agriculture, because the helminth eggs are in feces and can thus be transmitted from one infected person to another person.

These risks are reduced by proper fecal sludge management, e.g. via composting. The safe reduction of human excreta into compost is possible. Some municipalities create compost from the sewage sludge, but then recommend that it only be used on flower beds, not vegetable gardens.
My 5-point rating system: Yay, Kay, Meh, Erm, Bleh

Dr_Zhivago

How exactly did you manage to get the pipes to be invisible under built flooring?

Dubwise

Quote from: Dr_Zhivago on May 18, 2017, 01:02:35 PM
How exactly did you manage to get the pipes to be invisible under built flooring?
during the 4 way cardinal check for the PrintPlane in the linked graphic class i just skip cells where the terrain is layerable, and in in the pipes building class i do the same thing for the graphic but return a blank graphic, works for now

Fregrant

Would be so good, if we could to wash these dead-man clothes before patching the bullet holes, and make it brand new)

Dr_Zhivago

Just realized there is an english error when a pawn has to go to the bathroom for the bladder need. It says "I need to go so bad I'm about to burst!" however the need label is spelled "Busting" instead of "Bursting".

StormProxy

is there a reason that the Water treatment plant always breaks each hour in game. or am i not doing something right. please help.

Dubwise

Quote from: StormProxy on May 23, 2017, 08:38:48 AM
is there a reason that the Water treatment plant always breaks each hour in game. or am i not doing something right. please help.

Click on the sewage treatment and check its capacity, if its over then add more, the further it is over 100% the more likely it is to break