[1.3] Dubs Bad Hygiene | Mint Menus/Minimap | Paint Shop | Rimkit | Skylights

Started by Dubwise, January 02, 2017, 02:52:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

blaktek

I didn't expect such a quick answer, thank you. I'll get to updating and fiddling some more. :)

tarabe

My pawns won't use the facilities when the need arises, I have to do it manually. Please help.

AngleWyrm

Tier-1
Built a wash basin and latrine; they seem to use it occasionally, but some of the colonists have soiled themselves and are filthy. Is there something the player can do about this situation? Is there a latrine range, or latrines per colonist type of metric we should be optimizing?

Tier-2
Researched basic plumbing and built bath tubs, showers and toilets, but they don't seem to work. There's a demand for plumbing pipes and yet I don't see anywhere to route those pipes to. Am I missing something, or is this mod currently only usable on river tiles and/or after developing electricity?

If electricity is required to make a working system then plumbing should probably appear after electricity in the research tree.

Suggestion: Have some way for them to clean themselves in water tiles.
And maybe rain barrels.
And clothes lines.
My 5-point rating system: Yay, Kay, Meh, Erm, Bleh

sidfu

Quote from: AngleWyrm on July 04, 2017, 02:54:49 AM
Tier-1
Built a wash basin and latrine; they seem to use it occasionally, but some of the colonists have soiled themselves and are filthy. Is there something the player can do about this situation? Is there a latrine range, or latrines per colonist type of metric we should be optimizing?

Tier-2
Researched basic plumbing and built bath tubs, showers and toilets, but they don't seem to work. There's a demand for plumbing pipes and yet I don't see anywhere to route those pipes to. Am I missing something, or is this mod currently only usable on river tiles and/or after developing electricity?

If electricity is required to make a working system then plumbing should probably appear after electricity in the research tree.

Suggestion: Have some way for them to clean themselves in water tiles.
And maybe rain barrels.
And clothes lines.
1. the issue u probably is another job being higher than the need to use them.
2.the pipes work like redist heat pipes and u connecct them to the item. when u click the pipe it should go into overlay mode to show the pipes.

ther are 2 types of outlets for sewage. 1 is a outlet u place on a river,pond or ocean tile area it requires no electricty. the other u can say is a modernt day treatment plant.

probaly the reason there is no way to wash at water is it would require writing a whole new job. its possible now since ocean and river water tiles are seprate type of terrain now.

lorebot

Is there a version of your Medkit mod that comes without the extras? I play with Right Tool for the Job so the extra recipes will be cluttering up my workbenches and the items could appear on traders or raiders even if I don't make them myself. I really just want a way to bandage pawns in the field when they're critically injured and won't survive being dragged to a medical bed.

AngleWyrm

Quote from: sidfu on July 04, 2017, 07:55:31 AM
There are 2 types of outlets for sewage. 1 is a outlet u place on a river,pond or ocean tile area it requires no electricity. the other u can say is a modern day treatment plant.

Have you done this?
I tried to install the outlet on an ocean and it would not place, either in shallow or deep water.
My 5-point rating system: Yay, Kay, Meh, Erm, Bleh

SpaceDorf

Is there a Central Heating only mod somewhere ?
I would prefer a version without Hygiene ?
Maxim 1   : Pillage, then burn
Maxim 37 : There is no overkill. There is only open fire and reload.
Rule 34 of Rimworld :There is a mod for that.

Mufflamingo

Quote from: AngleWyrm on July 04, 2017, 09:46:32 AM
There are 2 types of outlets for sewage. 1 is a outlet u place on a river,pond or ocean tile area it requires no electricity. the other u can say is a modern day treatment plant.

Have you done this?
I tried to install the outlet on an ocean and it would not place, either in shallow or deep water.

Same here. I cant build the sewage outlet on pond or rivers.
Bleeeee. . . . .

PreDiabetic

Will Central Heating will ever get it's own seperate mod?

lorebot

sidfu

placement on rivers and ponds is tricky. due to alot of rivers and ponds have sawmp around them.  u have to keep moving it around. just expect u wont get it where u want so dont plan for it be be where u wan it. one game i was ablle to place it on a river wherei wanted next i had to go 20 blocks from base for it due to terrain

lorebot

All the water on my current map is surrounded by mud tiles and I can't place the sewage outlet anywhere on the entire map. Most of the map says 'the terrain here cannot support this' but there are a few places where I get a different message 'needsRiver' with a bunch of accents on the letters. But even if I could find a spot to put the sewage outlet I wouldn't be able to run plumbing to it because you can't build plumbing on mud.

Please change these objects to allow them to be built on mud or provide more expensive alternatives that could be built on typically unbuildable terrain. Like above ground pipes or a sewage outlet on stilts that can be built on open water. Otherwise please introduce alternatives to building the sewage outlet on water, such as a version of it that's built over a large latrine ditch that could overflow if not maintained properly or a septic tank.

PreDiabetic

Quote from: lorebot on July 07, 2017, 05:14:45 PM
Quote from: damngrl on July 07, 2017, 04:41:01 PM
Will Central Heating will ever get it's own seperate mod?

You could try RedistHeat while you wait?
https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=21770.0

RedistHeat has weird NA/N problem I don't want to risk anything.

hellishinc

Quote from: Mufflamingo on July 06, 2017, 02:39:59 PM
Quote from: AngleWyrm on July 04, 2017, 09:46:32 AM

Have you done this?

Same here. I cant build the sewage outlet on pond or rivers.

I'm also having these issues. I can not place the outlet anywhere. I've tried terraforming the ground to all sorts of tiles, from sand to dirt to fertilized soil. Nothing works.

Mufflamingo

Bleeeee. . . . .