[1.3] Dubs Bad Hygiene | Mint Menus/Minimap | Paint Shop | Rimkit | Skylights

Started by Dubwise, January 02, 2017, 02:52:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dubwise

Already talked about how i plan to do water and sewage in future updates and the thirst addon mod

AngryOscar

This may have already been answered many times, but can prisoners use toilets/sinks? I built a prison with sandstone toilet/sink in each cell, but they don't seem to be using them.

Canute

AngryOscar

Quote from: Canute on October 02, 2017, 03:38:28 AM
They use it, but did you connect the toilet with sewer ?
Yes of course. I have my entire base set up with plumbing. It doesn't appear the prisoners use toilets or sinks. I do have tons of mods, not sure if there is a conflict. Maybe they use it and I dont notice, but I've watched them for awhile

Ok I see the bladder isn't what is extremely low, its their hygiene. They are unable to shower/wash hands.

faltonico

I installed bad hygiene in a advanced colony, it tanked the performance beyond playable conditions in a game that was already running *not so good* to say the least xD
My game was already crashing because of out of memory exceptions caused by pathing (with no path modifying mods present), and when opening the world map.
I guess it is time for me to stop playing this game until it reaches beta at least, with each new alpha performance has gotten worst for me.

Hopefully you wont get burnt out and i'll find your mods by then.
Thanks a lot!

sidfu

Quote from: faltonico on October 07, 2017, 06:03:20 PM
I installed bad hygiene in a advanced colony, it tanked the performance beyond playable conditions in a game that was already running *not so good* to say the least xD
My game was already crashing because of out of memory exceptions caused by pathing (with no path modifying mods present), and when opening the world map.
I guess it is time for me to stop playing this game until it reaches beta at least, with each new alpha performance has gotten worst for me.

Hopefully you wont get burnt out and i'll find your mods by then.
Thanks a lot!

not this mods fault. opeining the world map the first time per game increases ram use 200-600mb use and stays till u restart game.

sirgzu

I have a slight issue with the heating in this mod being way OP compared to electric solutions. The amount of heat generated by a hot water tank + 2 water heating solar panels is insane. I get that it might be more efficient than converting to electricity and back to heat but from my testing you can easily heat an entire base with just that even in cold biome. That seems a tad too much

Canute

Yep, but thats a known problem.
And so far i know dubwise is working on a major overhaul soon Rimatomics is "bugfree".

Dubwise

Quote from: sirgzu on October 11, 2017, 11:24:58 AM
I have a slight issue with the heating in this mod being way OP compared to electric solutions. The amount of heat generated by a hot water tank + 2 water heating solar panels is insane. I get that it might be more efficient than converting to electricity and back to heat but from my testing you can easily heat an entire base with just that even in cold biome. That seems a tad too much

The numbers are wrong on the rads in this version so its way too powerful in large rooms and too weak in small ones, the heating was sort of a test feature that's optional just to see if people like it, i totally recoded everything for the next version, its now more like having electric heaters that have a buffer on them that rises and falls depending on total capacity % or with thermostat control, and the hot water tank is now only used to heat water for baths and showers not for the central heating, no eta on the new version yet, still mopping up some bugs in Rimatomics

sirgzu

Ah grand so :) really like those mechanics. Glad to know you're taking care of business

Tenshi~Akari

Hi! I seem to have a slight issue when it comes to random friendly spacers coming out of cryptosleep caskets to take a bath on my bases. They seem to be trapped in this loop until their other needs get low enough that they give up & take care of those. This is a red error that was happening with one of them:

Exception in Tick (pawn=Sammy, job=takeBath A=Thing_BathtubStuff119356, CurToil=5): System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at RimWorld.JoyUtility.JoyTickCheckEnd (Verse.Pawn pawn, JoyTickFullJoyAction fullJoyAction, Single extraJoyGainFactor) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at DubsBadHygiene.JobDriver_takeBath+<>c__DisplayClass0_0.<MakeNewToils>b__3 () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.AI.JobDriver.DriverTick () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0  lastJobGiver=DubsBadHygiene.JobGiver_colonistsTakeShower, curJob.def=takeBath, curDriver=DubsBadHygiene.JobDriver_takeBath
Verse.Log:Error(String)
Verse.AI.Pawn_JobTracker:StartErrorRecoverJob(String)
Verse.AI.JobDriver:DriverTick()
Verse.AI.Pawn_JobTracker:JobTrackerTick()
Verse.Pawn:Tick()
Verse.TickList:Tick()
Verse.TickManager:DoSingleTick_Patch1(Object)
Verse.TickManager:TickManagerUpdate()
Verse.Game:UpdatePlay()
Verse.Root_Play:Update()

Dubwise

Quote from: Tenshi~Akari on October 16, 2017, 09:20:53 AM
Hi! I seem to have a slight issue when it comes to random friendly spacers coming out of cryptosleep caskets to take a bath on my bases. They seem to be trapped in this loop until their other needs get low enough that they give up & take care of those.

Probably the same problem as with prisoners and baths, i recoded the baths for the next version and i'll make sure its all working

Kori

Quote from: dubwise56 on October 17, 2017, 10:44:18 PM
i recoded the baths for the next version and i'll make sure its all working

Will the next version happen before A18?

Dubwise

The next version is going to be for A18, here's couple of screenshots of the new sewage and water grids, its kind of like sim city 5, in the first pic you see the overlay showing where you have ground water and surface water, you just plop a water tower and it starts producing x amount per day based on how much there is in the circle, but its not used up over time so doesn't need to be replenished. At the moment the amount of ground water your map has is based on the rainfall stat on the biome so you know what it will be like when picking a landing site, high rainfall means groundwater everywhere and low rainfall will be small patches, actual in-map rainfall can't be used for anything because it can be manually triggered with fires.

In the second shot you see the sewage grid in action, the outlets have a 3x5 box in front of them where they dump sewage into the grid, when its thick enough its rendered as visible sewage, on land it will thicken and spill over to adjacent cells when the cell is full, and if it hits water it quickly spreads out, at max thickness it kills small plants, and the sewage will clean up over time on its own, faster if its in water or absorbed by trees.

The way it works with the bathroom fixtures is that everything requires specific amounts of water, which gets drained from the water towers and pushed to the sewage outlets, hot water tanks are heated by the central heating system basically like a radiator heating a room but they don't require water capacity, heat is pulled from the tank while the fixtures are used and pawns get mood debuffs if it runs cold, the sewage treatment building will convert sewage back into clean water and store it in towers, instead of breakdowns you will get blocked drains that a cleaner has to tend to.

I bundled in the thirst need i was working on and I'm stripping and adding lots of other features, for example instead of checking room impressiveness pawns will only care about being private, so you can then make small toilet stalls and smaller bathrooms, you will still be able to set a private bathroom for individuals or couples, there is lots of other stuff changed or added and a little bonus feature i might add is a new kind of irrigation grid that i was working on for MarsX.

Kori

Quote from: dubwise56 on October 20, 2017, 08:39:46 PM
The next version is going to be for A18... [followed by lots of awesome stuff]

Nooo, waiting for A18 feels like eternity!
Do you need people to test your mod before release? ;)