[1.3] Dubs Bad Hygiene | Mint Menus/Minimap | Paint Shop | Rimkit | Skylights

Started by Dubwise, January 02, 2017, 02:52:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DiamondBorne

You made Rimworld into Realworld, but much more awesome. Next thing there will be water utility service: Connecting water pipe to neighboring bases and earn monthly cash like Simcity. ^_^

Dubwise

yeah once i get a couple of other bits done i'll link a copy for a17 on here, not so much for testing because things will change too fast to keep them updated on here, but just as a preview to play around with

Kori

Quote from: dubwise56 on October 21, 2017, 08:13:21 PM
yeah once i get a couple of other bits done i'll link a copy for a17 on here, not so much for testing because things will change too fast to keep them updated on here, but just as a preview to play around with

Great, thanks! :)

praryboy

Hey, I asked this on the steam comments but it got buried pretty quick. When I try to assign a bathtub to a colonist the list is completely empty, someone else mentioned this bug in the comments as well. I assume it's a compatibility problem with another mod, does anyone know which? Or have a good guess?

Canute

Never encounter this, or hear about that at the forum.
So my first idea it would be a steam only mod cause this.

Dubwise

assignment stuff is all totally recoded for the a18 update

praryboy

Quote from: dubwise56 on October 24, 2017, 05:48:42 AM
assignment stuff is all totally recoded for the a18 update
oh ok, I might as well just wait then, its not a big deal as I can assign a shower and they seem to be kinda happy with that. Does your new code do anything to the ownership when colonists get into a relationship? Beds automatically become double owned, it would be nice if unisex showers and stuff did too, 'cause otherwise my newlyweds have one of them wandering down the hallway to their old apartment to take a wizz.

I didn't realize you were also the guy who does rimatomics, I wanted to tell you how impressed I am with your design. Your concept for doing the research is very involving and much more satisfying than the vanilla rimworld research. That being said, I still have no idea how to get the shielding research to start, the research description could use a hint as to how to get the radiation levels to raise that high.

keep up the good work

Dubwise

Quote from: praryboy on October 24, 2017, 08:10:26 PM
oh ok, I might as well just wait then, its not a big deal as I can assign a shower and they seem to be kinda happy with that. Does your new code do anything to the ownership when colonists get into a relationship? Beds automatically become double owned, it would be nice if unisex showers and stuff did too, 'cause otherwise my newlyweds have one of them wandering down the hallway to their old apartment to take a wizz.

I didn't realize you were also the guy who does rimatomics, I wanted to tell you how impressed I am with your design. Your concept for doing the research is very involving and much more satisfying than the vanilla rimworld research. That being said, I still have no idea how to get the shielding research to start, the research description could use a hint as to how to get the radiation levels to raise that high.

keep up the good work

Thanks! and Done!

MythicalNinja

Hey, Love the hygiene mod the only problem is my colonists won't clean the bed pans. My entire base is spotless and there are always bedpans and they only get cleaned if I prioritize it.  :-\  Other than that the hot water systems give an error saying there is a blank line of code when u click on the hot water tank and stuff.

Canute

You should create a new stockpile, prefered somewhere unroofed.
Be sure this new stockpile got waste filtered, then your hauler will haul the bed pans to the stockpile.
But i don't think cleaner will auto. clean bedpans.

MythicalNinja

Thanks, after i posted this i read the main post on the mod and saw "....if they are in a medical bed they will use bed pans that can be hauled and cleaned by cleaners." Which works now that i have a stockpile but mabie we could have either? So even if it doesn't get hauled they can just clean them there.

Dubwise

Quote from: MythicalNinja on October 27, 2017, 06:04:50 PM
Thanks, after i posted this i read the main post on the mod and saw "....if they are in a medical bed they will use bed pans that can be hauled and cleaned by cleaners." Which works now that i have a stockpile but mabie we could have either? So even if it doesn't get hauled they can just clean them there.

They should have been able to clean up bed pans as if they were normal filth all along, because i wanted them to get cleaned up along with other filth by the standard job which sweeps a whole room, but something fishy is going on so i'll just simplify it in the next patch.

sidfu

for me they clean dead pans but it seems like its last thing they clean.

Dubwise

Dubs Bad Hygiene A18 Preview < link

Here you go, preview versions of bad hygiene and skylights for A18, not finished yet, still has bugs, still needs features, but still mostly working.

To get up and running you need to plop a water tower over some of the highlighted water zone, then plop a sewage outlet anywhere you want, for hot water you need either a stove and a thermal store, or a boiler.

To use central heating just pipe rads into a boiler or stove, you can see a capacity % on each thing that requires heat. On the boiler you can crank up the power to match your requirement, and if you use thermostats in any room the boiler will switch out of low power mode when at least 1 room is too cold, i haven't included thermostats in the thermal stores yet.

Gender and pawn assign is per room now, group baths and showers by gender to keep pawns happy, and place toilets in small stalls so they have privacy or they get upset. there are no more burn barrels so latrines just dump waste directly into the sewage grid unless plumbed.

To use the new sprinklers you just plop one over your crops and every morning at 5am they will start spraying if you have enough water stored up, they fill up an irrigation grid that gives a boost to fertility to any kind of terrain, doesn't matter if its modded either, then the water evaporates over the course of the day.

The new skylights work with proper sky light now so i can do odd shapes and sizes and they generally just work better than the old glower setup.

the balance is probably going to be way off right now so i'm open to suggestions, good luck!

Kori