[1.3] Dubs Bad Hygiene | Mint Menus/Minimap | Paint Shop | Rimkit | Skylights

Started by Dubwise, January 02, 2017, 02:52:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PreDiabetic

Game forget owner of Bathtub,Shower,Toilet and Basin upon exit. When you reenter game changes it into owner:nobody.

frenchiveruti

Hey Dubwise! As you're updating your mod, will you consider adding ModSync Ninja to it? It's a great tool both for modders and users.

jts1702

You've updated it on Steam. Now we're waiting for it here, Dubs!

Harry_Dicks

I second that! It just snowed and iced here, hoping I can get stuck inside with this mod downloaded. Crossing my fingers it gets posted before the internet connection goes out!

Tenshi~Akari

Quote from: dubwise56 on November 26, 2017, 01:54:27 PM
quick update on progress, im still trying to fix lots of bugs in the new version of hygiene that people are testing on steam, i think once i have this next batch of problems fixed i'll upload it here, don't want to keep you waiting forever
^^ It's still very much in need of some fixes, once they're done, it'll get posted here in the forums like he said.  :)

Dubwise

Topper

JinxVanAshke

Absolutely thank you. This is one of the mods that make my game feel incomplete to not have. My colonist housing without bathing rooms just looks wrong now.

SpaceDorf

Maxim 1   : Pillage, then burn
Maxim 37 : There is no overkill. There is only open fire and reload.
Rule 34 of Rimworld :There is a mod for that.

Ruptga

I don't understand how the hot water system works.  Solar heating plus storage works as expected, but when I add a boiler it only draws 20w regardless of what it's set to and the storage level drops until the sun rises again.  Do boilers only work with radiators and thermostats?

Dubwise

Quote from: Ruptga on December 10, 2017, 05:31:51 PM
I don't understand how the hot water system works.  Solar heating plus storage works as expected, but when I add a boiler it only draws 20w regardless of what it's set to and the storage level drops until the sun rises again.  Do boilers only work with radiators and thermostats?

I need to get around to writing up detailed explanations and make youtube vids for this at some point, the boiler has a built in thermostat which turns it on when the heat falls below 50%, then it jumps up to 75% or so and goes idle again, that's so it uses minimal power just for heating water, it also works with extra connected heat stores. If you want to use a boiler with radiators you need 1 or more thermostats to override it and force it to switch on and heat the rads, you can place them in important parts of the base, or main hallways, or just place 1 and set the temp really high so it forces the boiler to always be on, rads don't overheat rooms like electric heaters they cap at 21c so its totally fine to leave them always on if you have the spare power. Hope that helps

PhantomFav

Quoterads don't overheat rooms like electric heaters they cap at 21c so its totally fine to leave them always on if you have the spare power

I think this misunderstanding comes from the description of the radiator:

"As powerful as an electric heater for heating rooms, the capacity changes the maximum heat that it can put out."

If at the end of the phrase you add "Radiators don't overheat rooms like electric heaters, they cap at room temperature." it will more fitting :)

Ruptga

The hot water makes a lot more sense now.  But...

After running this for a few days I think the sprinklers are broken, as in OP as hell.  I haven't done rigorous testing, but it seems to have cut growth time by about half.  Do they add a flat fertility bonus, or is their bonus reduced by temperature and light the way that fertile soil's is?

jts1702

Re: Irrigation

It stacks with fertile soil, but note that the fertility bonus dissipates within hours after use. By the late afternoon, that bonus will be all gone.

But who cares, plants rest when the sun goes down.

Dubwise

Quote from: Ruptga on December 14, 2017, 11:50:46 AM
The hot water makes a lot more sense now.  But...

After running this for a few days I think the sprinklers are broken, as in OP as hell.  I haven't done rigorous testing, but it seems to have cut growth time by about half.  Do they add a flat fertility bonus, or is their bonus reduced by temperature and light the way that fertile soil's is?

I think i need to speed up the evaporation, irrigation is just a little bonus feature i threw in and i don't think many people use it or tested it so it still needs some tweaks, i have been happy with it in my test map but its a freezing tundra with poor light levels so the boost is just enough to keep me alive through the winters, i don't like the hydroponics and sun lamps setup i prefer greenhouses with natural light.

The irrigation grid takes the original fertility of the terrain and then multiplies it based on how wet the soil is up to *1.8, plant code is normal so their growth rate is still based on a combination of temperature, light level and soil fertility, plants also have a fertilitySensitivity stat so you will see plants like rice gain a bigger boost to growth rate than potatoes.

The water in the soil evaporates throughout the day at a rate based on the ambient temperature, so it starts at *1.8 at 6am just after the sprinklers switch off and light levels are still low, and then its meant to gradually fall back down to *1 by the evening or sooner if its really hot, so its not a constant *1.4 like a hydroponic basin or rich soil, but it looks like its not drying up fast enough in mild climate so you are getting too much boost all day, i'm playing with the numbers.

I'm going to assume fertile soil is a mod, i don't play with mods so i don't keep up with all the names but i noticed modded soils tend to have a pretty high fertility value, sometimes way higher than rich soil which means you will get some silly numbers when combined with sprinklers and a crop like rice, but i'll leave it up to players to decide if they want to stack fertility mods.