[1.3] Dubs Bad Hygiene | Mint Menus/Minimap | Paint Shop | Rimkit | Skylights

Started by Dubwise, January 02, 2017, 02:52:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mst

Thanks! Did not want to take your time, especially with Rimaromics coming up. That's where I'll really need some explanation.

Canute

Hi dubwise,
little feedback to the B18 version.
- The central heating is very effective compare to the vanilla heater.
I needed before 2000W and now just 1000W with a better constant temp.
I suggest that you lower the eff, if the boiler a bit. And max. power of the boiler to 1000W instead 2000W.

- Is the sewage outlet the only way to get waste out of the treatment ?
Why not adding back the waste barrels, a bill system for the treatment to remove the waste and produce waste barrels.
The waste barrels could be used as fuel for the multi-fuel stove or burned at the crematorium.
And a powered waste remove research, to build an attachment that slowly remove the waste from the treatment to create waste barrels.

Dubwise

I didn't want to make any magic buildings or crafting loops that eliminated sewage because then would be a waste of time making a sewage grid with the fancy graphics and everything, because you know people will just rush to get the magic waste removal setup asap even if i made it cost a billion research points, the sewage treatment system already removes 90% of waste so you only have 10% left to dump.

Current plan for the next patch is to make toilets produce a crap load more visible sewage, but massively reduce how much waste showers and baths produce because that's really off right now. I want to try get sewage flowing in the correct direction down rivers so having water towers down stream will be a problem you need to think about. I want some kind of job driver which lets pawns pick up sewage from one location and move it to another so you can clean up sewage spills from incidents like burst pipes or overflowing toilets, but without it vanishing like snow clearing or normal filth cleaning. And maybe add extra pipes.

Canute

I never play with a river, and on desert you don't got much water.
Don't forget about that.
Dumping waste into the river is sooo primitive, even when you filter 90% out before.
Just looking for a more hitech solution.

Harry_Dicks

Collaborate with RF - Fertile Fields mod to make the sewage waste into fertilizer! :P

Dubwise

jecrell

Hey there!
Just wanted to let you know I've patched my Vampires again to be compatible with your Hygiene mod -- in-case you get any error reports from people with Vampires, just send a report along to me if you get one.
Bless
...Psst. Still there? If you'd like to support
me and my works, do check out my Patreon.
Someday, I could work for RimWorld full time!

https://www.patreon.com/jecrell

Dubwise

Nice, mods that add new colonist pawns is a bit of a problem right now, i have the needs set to colonistAndPrisonersOnly and I patch the givers into the MainColonistBehaviorCore which i figured would cover everything but the mods that add new colonist types seem to always pick up the needs but not the givers, I haven't played around with making new pawn types yet but I'm guessing its something like they add all needs marked for colonists but then have their own ai tree so its skipping the givers, is there a trick im missing that will just let them scoop up the extra givers?

Eseru

Hi, I have encountered these errors.
I have just reinstalled Rimworld on my PC, with the HugLib and DubsBadHygene and RimKit mods.

https://gist.github.com/HugsLibRecordKeeper/e16fdcc06d950e1d932f5210d501d525

Canute

Looks like an installation error.
When i look at the 1.error
[Rimworld_dir]\Mods\Dubs Bad Hygiene\Defs\RecipeDefs/Recipes_Production.xml: root element named RecipeDefs; should be named Defs
and compare it with the latest mod archive, the filestructure is different, i can't find a "Defs\RecipeDefs"

I think you download the A17 version.

Eseru

Hi! Thank you for the reply.

You're right!

I might have downloaded first the A17 version of the mod, and then downloaded the B18 version, but instead of deleting the A17 version, i just hit replace when i copied and pasted it on the Mods folder.

So what I did is delete the existing folder even if it says it's the B18 version, and re-extracted the B18 zip file. And it's working fine now.

Again, thank you ^^
Have a great day!

Harry_Dicks

Quote from: Eseru on January 06, 2018, 08:34:17 AM
Hi! Thank you for the reply.

You're right!

I might have downloaded first the A17 version of the mod, and then downloaded the B18 version, but instead of deleting the A17 version, i just hit replace when i copied and pasted it on the Mods folder.

So what I did is delete the existing folder even if it says it's the B18 version, and re-extracted the B18 zip file. And it's working fine now.

Again, thank you ^^
Have a great day!

Fairly certain you should usually delete the old mod folder, and just extract the new one on a blank slate every time. Could the old version not still leave artifacts behind that could conflict with a newer version? Especially if the mod went through a big revamp?

ridjack

The radiators and/or boiler seem to be working without power. I just spent a little while trying to figure out why my boiler kept flickering; it turned I had a missed a conduit connection somewhere. Despite that, however, my base was being kept at 70F while it was between 40 to 60 outside, and irrespective of how low I set the single thermostat.

Dubwise

the radiators retain heat after a boiler loses power, if you click on a radiator you should see the red heating capacity gauges fall when the power cuts, as long as they are still warm they will continue to heat rooms until the capacity remaining in the rad isn't enough to keep up, the idea is to give a little buffer of time after a power cut where hopefully the temps don't drop far enough to wipe out all of your crops or freeze peoples toes off, that's if you don't have a stove as backup.