[1.3] Dubs Bad Hygiene | Mint Menus/Minimap | Paint Shop | Rimkit | Skylights

Started by Dubwise, January 02, 2017, 02:52:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

publicuser

JustALittleCrazyTalk

I'm having trouble setting the radiators up, they fill with water, then drain out and just stop working. Fiddling with the boiler/thermal store makes it work again, but only momentarily.

Canute

JustALittleCrazyTalk,
you need
- a water source (small/large water tower)
- thermal store
- thermostate
- boiler, multi-fuel stove or solar heater
- radiators
- connected with plumbing

Did you have this all ?

JustALittleCrazyTalk

O, radiadors don't autothermostat now?

That's... amazingly dumb, radiators already use way more components than furnaces+vents and now its doubling the requirement.

Harry_Dicks

Quote from: JustALittleCrazyTalk on January 09, 2018, 03:38:09 PM
O, radiadors don't autothermostat now?

That's... amazingly dumb, radiators already use way more components than furnaces+vents and now its doubling the requirement.

How many thermostats do you need?

Dubwise

The internal thermostat used for regulating the hot water temp for bathing is flicking it on and off, that means the radiators flick on and off with it, to prevent this you can build 1 thermostat and set it to a high temp just to override the internal thermostat and force radiators to stay on - i added an override button to the boilers for the next patch. Or you can use the thermostats like you would in a house so put one or 2 in important areas like hydroponics rooms or main hallways to living areas. Once the basic system is up and running its much cheaper than running electric heaters in every room and keeps you alive through power cuts

Mst

Got this error today. Seems it haven't affected anything as the drain was cleaned with no bugs.

DubsBadHygiene.CompBlockage CompInspectStringExtra ended with whitespace: Blocked Drain

Verse.Log:Error(String)
Verse.Log:ErrorOnce(String, Int32)
Verse.ThingWithComps:InspectStringPartsFromComps()
Verse.ThingWithComps:GetInspectString()
DubsBadHygiene.Building_AssignableFixture:GetInspectString()
RimWorld.InspectPaneFiller:DrawInspectStringFor(ISelectable, Rect)
RimWorld.InspectPaneFiller:DoPaneContentsFor(ISelectable, Rect)
RimWorld.MainTabWindow_Inspect:DoPaneContents(Rect)
RimWorld.InspectPaneUtility:InspectPaneOnGUI(Rect, IInspectPane)
RimWorld.MainTabWindow_Inspect:DoWindowContents(Rect)
ZoneInspectData.MainTabWindow_InspectZone_Stockpile:DoWindowContents(Rect)
Verse.<WindowOnGUI>c__AnonStorey0:<>m__0(Int32)
UnityEngine.GUI:CallWindowDelegate(WindowFunction, Int32, Int32, GUISkin, Int32, Single, Single, GUIStyle)

dkurage

Is there a way to make the skylights use glass from the Glass&lights mod?

Harry_Dicks

Quote from: dkurage on January 19, 2018, 02:29:12 AM
Is there a way to make the skylights use glass from the Glass&lights mod?

I haven't checked but you might be able to just edit the xml, shouldn't be too difficult. The mod Advanced Roofing is set to accept glass if you have Glass&Lights installed.

Canute

Hey dubwise,
do you think it is possible to auto-assign the hygnie installations of a room if someone of that room claim a bed spot ?
It is very annoying when you send out a caravan the assignments get cleared.
And everytime the caravan return you have to assign the proper toilets to the bed owner too.
Would be nice when a pawn assign tp a bed, all the other assignable object in the room get these pawn to the list too.

carpediembr

Minor suggestion: Toilets/Showers/Bathtubs should inform if it's ready to be used (aka connected to a sewage system) when selected.

Dubwise

Quote from: Canute on January 19, 2018, 10:45:49 AM
Hey dubwise,
do you think it is possible to auto-assign the hygnie installations of a room if someone of that room claim a bed spot ?
It is very annoying when you send out a caravan the assignments get cleared.
And everytime the caravan return you have to assign the proper toilets to the bed owner too.
Would be nice when a pawn assign tp a bed, all the other assignable object in the room get these pawn to the list too.

I got the basics working when it comes to assignment, i never make caravans so i only made sure it didn't crash when forming them and so on, didn't get to the ease of use stuff yet, would be nice to cover everything but time is a problem

Harry_Dicks

If you need any help with xml work, or testing, I can volunteer help. I'll probably cause more issues than help, though :)

Dubwise

Quote from: Harry_Dicks on January 23, 2018, 04:01:53 PM
If you need any help with xml work, or testing, I can volunteer help. I'll probably cause more issues than help, though :)

Just plain old reporting bugs is enough, but you can add me on steam or discord if you would like to chat at length about any of my mods

Harry_Dicks