[1.3] Dubs Bad Hygiene | Mint Menus/Minimap | Paint Shop | Rimkit | Skylights

Started by Dubwise, January 02, 2017, 02:52:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

matheryn

hey dubs,

first of all wanted to say that I absolutely love your mod it brings more realism to my game and every pack I create (and I create a lot of packs) I always add your mod. All the people that complain about having to go use the shower or toilet all the time and it is not getting what they wanted done well tell them to live in on another planet with the basics of survival and see how many times they go to the toilet when eating bad food or wanting to go have a shower caus all the work there doing is constantly making them smell or feel sick and sore. I love my peons running to the toilet or shower all the time.

On a serious note though I have noticed one thing that does bother me a little, you seem to use the same pipe for your excrement and your clean hot water for showers and basins and baths. I feel it might be more immersive if you had colour coded pipes or different pipes that pump your hot water and bad waste from toilets.

also cant think of the mod for the life of me but there is a new mod that lets you use solar panels on roofs I was wondering if that would be a good mod for you to have a chat with the author to see if you could implement the same technology for your boilers instead of having ground based panels in your mod.

In reguards to drinking water there is no real great need for that to be implemented as there is already a mod called no water no life though the mod author has already stated that it does not utilise any water based resources from your mod so maybe you could get in contact with that author and maybe collaborate and make the two mods compatable, don't get me wrong they are compatable in a mod pack but what I mean is they can utilise the same water building principles.

Canute

Quote from: matheryn on May 05, 2018, 01:01:12 AM
On a serious note though I have noticed one thing that does bother me a little, you seem to use the same pipe for your excrement and your clean hot water for showers and basins and baths. I feel it might be more immersive if you had colour coded pipes or different pipes that pump your hot water and bad waste from toilets.
But you can say it is nearly the same amout of work to create a 2 cell pipe. Or call it a pipe in a pipe. A smaller one for fresh water and the rest for bad water.

But if we follow you though, doesn't need the power grid at last a second line ?
Since a powergrid need at last 2 lines. But they are bundle into a cable. Similar you can say it to the water system.

bartekkru100

Quote from: dubwise56 on May 04, 2018, 06:25:33 PM
i added radius controls for the next patch, you can shrink it down a bit and make it mostly square

Oh, that's great! I really like having my farms organised in a grid pattern and it's kind of hard to water plants optimally when your sprinklers spray water in a circle.

Dubwise

Quote from: matheryn on May 05, 2018, 01:01:12 AM

also cant think of the mod for the life of me but there is a new mod that lets you use solar panels on roofs I was wondering if that would be a good mod for you to have a chat with the author to see if you could implement the same technology for your boilers instead of having ground based panels in your mod.

In reguards to drinking water there is no real great need for that to be implemented as there is already a mod called no water no life though the mod author has already stated that it does not utilise any water based resources from your mod so maybe you could get in contact with that author and maybe collaborate and make the two mods compatable, don't get me wrong they are compatable in a mod pack but what I mean is they can utilise the same water building principles.

Next patch has separate pipes for air conditioning which is a start, then when v1 comes out i was going to switch it to sewage, aircon, central heating and water lines, the main reason im splitting them is so you can isolate systems/rooms easier.

I'm not really interested in making roof mounted solar heaters, already added too much in the next patch, you can just use that mod with electric boilers, the new gas boilers will be best for immunity to flares/shorts.

the water mod maker has contacted me on steam, they might do a patch to make it work, but im not sure how, you either use my supply which is thousands of litres making drinking sort of obsolete, or you use their supply which means you use it all up rapidly just running a bath, odd mix.

kenmtraveller

If I were mixing the no water no life mod with this one I'd consider water obtained from NWNL sources to be 'purified' and suitable for drinking, while water from hygiene water tower needed to be boiled or filtered to be drinkable w/o getting diarrhea/water borne illnesses.  Or, I'd nerf the water towers, IRL drilling a well with that kind of capacity (to reach a deep underground water table in an arid area) isn't trivial.  Villages get built next to rivers for a reason.

Canute

The drilling for water sound interesting.
Keep the 2 existing water tower for surface/easy reachable water.
But a drill system would allow you to place a water source on otherkind dry areas.
Build cost a bit more then a large water tower, then you got an interaction for construction skill to drill down.
After each drill step, you get a chance to find water.
Chance and amount of water depend on biome,depth and construction skill.

bartekkru100

Why don't my prisoners just use the bathroom if all the doors are open?

Canute

Because it isn't at his room.
Yes prisoner can wander around when the door's are open, but i don't think they can path to the toilet unless they just wander randomly into that room.
Try to move the toilet in the room Borne is currently standing, maybe that helps.

If not, each prisoner room need their own.

SirDarin

So I discovered that you can't assign any items from hygiene to the vampires from Rim of Madness -Vampires.

Canute

But you should blame the author of the vampire mod.

SirDarin

Ah, ok. I wasn't sure if it was a due to this mod or the vampires mod. Thanks for the quick reply.

matheryn

Quote from: bartekkru100 on May 06, 2018, 05:58:24 AM
Why don't my prisoners just use the bathroom if all the doors are open?

Ive noticed the same thing i have a jail setup where there is multiple beds in the jail and i chucked a loo in there and one used it and got a negative omg ppl saw me thought so i made a room with a door and found they wouldn't use it = reason why is because its not part of the jail so how i worked around it was use walls to block view of the other prisoners without doors closing the area off that way its still part of the prison and if they use the loo then without no one seeing them they wont get the negative thought

Dubwise

Odd he came in saying he did a patch to fix vampires a while ago, i haven't had any suggestions yet on how i can change the patches to pick up modded pawn types that don't use the normal ai tree, i have added a body type list to the needs defs in the next patch so you can add modded pawns and the needs will be paused and hidden from view.

I have removed the privacy checks from prisoners in the next patch so they don't mind seeing each other using toilets and showers, toilets and showers in prisons should now basically be inert, wont ruin rooms, they wont care about using them.

And i made a conversion box last night that pulls water from my towers and pushes it to NWNL water drums, need to see if i can convert the water types since i added water quality and filtration in the next patch, its an extra mod you load after both mods.

Kori

Quote from: dubwise56 on May 08, 2018, 11:21:15 AM
I have removed the privacy checks from prisoners in the next patch so they don't mind seeing each other using toilets and showers, toilets and showers in prisons should now basically be inert, wont ruin rooms, they wont care about using them.

Would it also be possible to let them use separate rooms with toilets and showers instead?
I don't mind building extra rooms to raise the quality of my prison or getting a slight mood debuff when I don't.
But please don't remove the privacy checks..

Also Avius just released a hotfix for Prison Labor https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=34465.msg408405#msg408405
to fix the compatibility with Dub's Bad Hygiene, so at least those prisoners that are forced to work should use separate bathrooms in the colony now. Could removing privacy checks interfere with this, e.g. prisoners using bathrooms of the opposite gender, causing mood debuffs for the colonists?
It would be great when your mods could remain as compatible as possible. :)

And i made a conversion box last night that pulls water from my towers and pushes it to NWNL water drums, need to see if i can convert the water types since i added water quality and filtration in the next patch, its an extra mod you load after both mods.

Real compatibility with NWNL? That's awesome, thank you!

Chaos17

It's a prison not a hotel... so privacy is kinda the last thing prisoners have.