[1.3] Dubs Bad Hygiene | Mint Menus/Minimap | Paint Shop | Rimkit | Skylights

Started by Dubwise, January 02, 2017, 02:52:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dubwise

the powered pump and the towers now pump to all connected towers to spread it out

Canute

Hi Dub,
didn't played this version yet but i got an idea with the new water system.
What do you think to patch the passive cooler, when they are connected to a water pipe they don't run out.
And maybe add a powered passive cooler:
higher cooling output but still only 15C.
low power use, just a vent who blow the air through.
Temp. control, so it turn off (no water,power use) when a temp is reached, but got high latency.

Dubwise

I don't like modifying base game stuff, i prefer to just add new stuff, i also don't have time to add anything else to the new patch, i added multi-split air-con where you just need 1 small outdoor unit and then you can pipe in multiple indoor units

ptx

How about a heat exchanger for rimatomics cooling tower heated water and radiator? My slaves colonists also wouldn't mind boiling water heated directly by the reactor, after all they passes uranium metal daily without any ill effect.  :D

malistaticy

It'd be nice for colonists to search for a different bathroom if the one they are going to use already has someone in it, that way we could have toilets and baths in the same room

Dubwise

well normally you would only have a toilet and bath in the same room if its a private bathroom in which case a couple don't mind sharing, public showers tend to be on their own and split by gender which is how the mod is set up

Dubwise

Update time, probably works, fingers crossed  :D

v2.2.0 Changes:
Pawns no longer wander into public or private bathrooms
Pawns will jog to the bathroom if its urgent
Patched in the job drivers for Hospitality
Non-human colonists won't have the needs by default
Body types can be added to a list in the need defs to activate the need
Fixed white flickery edges on all textures
Needs now stick to 50% in caravans
Changed and added to the research tree
Changed shower steam effect to reduce mote spam
Added debug options to add and remove water for the ground water grid
Fixed the fahrenheit and kelvin readout on thermostat
Colonists manning things won't break to use toilets
Fixed a bug that cause pawns to leave the bath as soon as joy was filled
Fixed a bug that caused buildings to vanish while overlapping unfinished pipes
Fixed fertility reading in bottom left corner text readout
Added mod option to switch pipe visibility mode between visible, underfloor, or invisible
Fixed pipe blockages so they should actually happen now
Pawns forced to get rest now only use bedpans

Recoded pipe nets
Converted lots of classes to comps so it's easier to modify
Removed white versions of pipes fixtures and radiators
Added tool to paint fixtures and radiators with a selection of colours
Split water towers into towers pumps and wells (saved towers still work the same)
Added water quality.
Added more details to inspect tabs for stuff like total water/pumping/heating capacities
Added "washing" hediff to fix alerts for temps and clothing while naked and protect them from heat and cold while washing
Added sewage spill incident
Changed contamination so towers will become contaminated, then need to be drained or treated with filtration.
Added water tower contamination incident
Hygiene related diseases now trigger from direct contamination rather than an incident
Added drain tank button to water towers to clear contamination.
Added a pollution types def where you can add any terrain or thing def to a list with a value for how much it pollutes the groundwater.
Sewage no longer kills trees only small plants.
Sewage now only spreads downstream in rivers.
Added river direction overlay.
Sewage processor doesn't need an outlet anymore and works faster
Showers baths and basins no longer produce sewage.
Toilets produce more sewage
Latrines store sewage again which needs to be emptied
Sewage can be dug up into barrels of fecal sludge
Added burn pits to burn fecal sludge, also allows burning corpses and apparel, pawns will become contaminated by standing near it.
Added composter to turn fecal sludge into fertilizer, works like brewing beer
Added fertilized soil with 115% fertility

Power showers now heat water on demand
Baths can now be heated by placing a campfire next to them
Pipes can now be built through water
Added radius adjustment to sprinklers
Added bad hygiene hediff which gives stat offsets if pawns don't wash for a long time
Thermal store changed to hot water tank using the boiler graphic
Split the multi-fuel stove into a log stove and a gas boiler allowing them to be more efficient
Added electric boiler with no built in tank to replace the old electric boiler
Added animation to baths
Added hot tubs
Added large radiators
Added multi-split air conditioning with pipes, indoor units and freezer units
Added water filtration system
Added piped wells
Added deep wells
Added wind pump
Added electric pump
Added industrial pump
Added septic tanks
Added fire sprinklers
Added the kitchen sink

Canute

Puhhh nice overhaul.
Let's see how it works with the current colony.

Edit:
Well done not to do a safegame update. I need to re-research some but old building are still workable.
A little request, Since Vegetable garden/fertile field are very popular mods too, could you made a modcheck patch about fertizer ?
I suggest to disabel the Fert. Soil with Fertile field/VG.
And the composter should create same Fertizer like VG/FF use.

Dubwise

did a little patch to 2.2.1, fixed public bathroom roomrole, made the diseases a little less harsh, reduced hot water usage

Don't want to mix modded fertilizers up, i hate messing with other peoples mods, and sewage sludge fertilizer from human waste is meant to be kind of a last resort for making growable soil in rough biomes, not really the same as normal fertilizer, if you don't have a fertilizer mod then it's there to use.

Dubwise

another little patch to 2.2.2, halved the contamination chances, you should have to screw up pretty bad to get diarrhea now

sidfu

boo no more vistor needs. guess haveing a guest bathroom not needed now as even if u enable for noncolonist they never use any of the bathroom stuff to fill the bathroom/shower need

Canute

Quote from: dubwise56 on June 04, 2018, 12:05:53 PM
Don't want to mix modded fertilizers up, i hate messing with other peoples mods, and sewage sludge fertilizer from human waste is meant to be kind of a last resort for making growable soil in rough biomes, not really the same as normal fertilizer, if you don't have a fertilizer mod then it's there to use.
Doesn't even today sewage plant, create good fertizier/compost, except if they are connected to industry and are contaminated with heavy metal or other things.
Yes raw sewage is bad, but but composted fertizizer.
VG/FF basicly do the same, they create Compost starter/Raw compost out of rotted stuff or raw meat/vegetable/corpse and compost it into fertizizer.

Even if you don't like to cooperate with these mods, please find a bit  different name for your Fertizizer. It is confusing if you got 2 item with the same name but from different mods.

Edit:
QuoteNon-human colonists won't have the needs by default
Body types can be added to a list in the need defs to activate the need
I don't think you can do that at the Mod options, or i didn't saw any entry.
Currently i use these Androids from
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1386412863
and since they eat, i think they should use these hygiene tools too.
But currently they don't have need's for them.
Could you explain what file's i need to modify ?

When i let one of these androids use the Shower (toilet,basin are forbidden) i geting these error
Exception ticking Searcher: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
at DubsBadHygiene.JobDriver_takeShower/<>c__DisplayClass4_0.<MakeNewToils>b__1 () <0x00029>
at Verse.AI.JobDriver.CheckCurrentToilEndOrFail () <0x00208>
at (wrapper dynamic-method) Verse.AI.JobDriver.DriverTick_Patch1 (object) <0x0007b>
at Verse.AI.Pawn_JobTracker.JobTrackerTick () <0x00242>
at (wrapper dynamic-method) Verse.Pawn.Tick_Patch1 (object) <0x00155>
at Verse.TickList.Tick () <0x002c6>

Verse.Log:Error(String)
Verse.TickList:Tick()
Verse.TickManager:DoSingleTick()
Verse.TickManager:TickManagerUpdate()
Verse.Game:UpdatePlay()
Verse.Root_Play:Update()

https://git.io/vh4Sq

Dubwise

Quote from: sidfu on June 04, 2018, 11:04:01 PM
boo no more vistor needs. guess haveing a guest bathroom not needed now as even if u enable for noncolonist they never use any of the bathroom stuff to fill the bathroom/shower need

If you are talking about hospitality they do have the needs and i patched in the job drivers to manage them, if you are talking about default visitors they never had the needs

Dubwise

Ok i'll rename the fertilizer, but from what i'm hearing people don't like the whole composting process anyway so i'm going to have to change it all now.

To add the body types for the needs you need to go into the need defs then add them to the BodyDefs list, but you also might need to patch the job drivers into the ai tree for that race if they have their own, since most weird races are droids and monsters its much easier and makes more sense to not let them have the needs by default, especially since new ones come out all the time so constantly adding them to an exemption list sucks.

Did you force the android to use the shower for that error? i'm probably missing a check for the need

Canute

Yes, i forced him.

Ok, these bodytype thing is nothing easy to modify. From the player side the best it would be, the mod scan the def's for all races and allow/reject them at the Mod options.
I can't see why you did change it. It worked fine with all races i played.
Sure some races logical don't have these needs, but that a thing of these races. The race-author could made a Modcheck patch, if his pawn's shouldn't use hygnie.

Yeah, i would remove the fertilizer and soil thing. But keep these sewage waste.
It is easyer for other mod to use these waste to made recipe for their own fertizizer.
Or the barrel's can be used as outdoor lights like in the past :-)