[1.3] Dubs Bad Hygiene | Mint Menus/Minimap | Paint Shop | Rimkit | Skylights

Started by Dubwise, January 02, 2017, 02:52:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sidfu

on fertilizer  do as u see fit but it just needs to be able to be renamed/changed if there a issue with another mod. for example for the hcsk i was updating to the new dubs but seems parts of the ferlizer making are hardcoded so disabling them in xml would cause errors.

its ultimatly your mod so i say if thats how u want to do fertilzer then thats fine as your the one doing the work to make it.

Dubwise

Thing is i added the ability to empty latrines again, and the ability to dig up patches of sewage to move it around, and i don't like or use other fertilizer/composter mods and i know other people that don't either, but still liked the old night soil for making farms in harsh biomes, so i figured i would add composting back in so you have something else to do with it other than just dumping it somewhere or burning it. Firstly i'll make the name unique, but also what i could do is add a basic comp to the composter with a node for the def that's used as the final product, then its easy to mod yourself or for a modder to make a patch and if you don't want to use my composting at all you can just ignore it.

For the needs filtering the original setup was an exemption list rather than inclusion, but i figured that it was better to be safe and just filter them out by default for anything but human colonists, i guess i underestimated how many humanoid types there are vs non humanoid or droids. I could change it back to exemption list again if it makes more sense, i only had misc bots and terminators on the list so i would need tips on what else to add by default.

I did plan to add a ui to manage who or what gets the needs but i wanted to just get it working for starters and figured forum users would be savvy enough to manually tweak the def for now, this is basically public testing mode, i haven't pushed this update to steam users yet, i might actually just do a bunch of mod options as an override over the defs list so you can filter them by bodytype, prisoner, visitor, whatever you want.

sidfu

Quote from: dubwise56 on June 05, 2018, 12:49:57 PM
Thing is i added the ability to empty latrines again, and the ability to dig up patches of sewage to move it around, and i don't like or use other fertilizer/composter mods and i know other people that don't either, but still liked the old night soil for making farms in harsh biomes, so i figured i would add composting back in so you have something else to do with it other than just dumping it somewhere or burning it. Firstly i'll make the name unique, but also what i could do is add a basic comp to the composter with a node for the def that's used as the final product, then its easy to mod yourself or for a modder to make a patch and if you don't want to use my composting at all you can just ignore it.

For the needs filtering the original setup was an exemption list rather than inclusion, but i figured that it was better to be safe and just filter them out by default for anything but human colonists, i guess i underestimated how many humanoid types there are vs non humanoid or droids. I could change it back to exemption list again if it makes more sense, i only had misc bots and terminators on the list so i would need tips on what else to add by default.

I did plan to add a ui to manage who or what gets the needs but i wanted to just get it working for starters and figured forum users would be savvy enough to manually tweak the def for now, this is basically public testing mode, i haven't pushed this update to steam users yet, i might actually just do a bunch of mod options as an override over the defs list so you can filter them by bodytype, prisoner, visitor, whatever you want.

how it decides who gets needs is actualy better in a way now. just not everyone know the differnce between body def and race def.

probaly if u could is make guests be setting in options. while some will love making elaborate bathrooms for guests some wold rather guests have no needs.

only thing i can think of to simpliy the needs is to find some way to have a menu in option to decide which races has needs. but that would require a addition fos canning the xml for races and for people actualy going to the mod options to set it up.

for the fertlizer i say leave as is just have it so modders can more easily modify it for compablity and such.

Dubwise

I had it set to use bodytype because that's what the guy asked me to use for the terminators, was guessing it needed to be specific like maybe they just used the human race def but with a swapped body type. What i think i'll do is switch it back to an exemption list again but with 3 sub lists for RaceDef BodyType and Hediff and if the pawn has just 1 of any of them the needs knocked off, with hediffs added then you could even do stuff like give them bowel implants that removes the need to shit, or whatever crazy stuff you want. Then in the mod options have a tick box to override the def settings entirely so you can set up everything there instead, sound good?

sidfu

Quote from: dubwise56 on June 05, 2018, 02:18:59 PM
I had it set to use bodytype because that's what the guy asked me to use for the terminators, was guessing it needed to be specific like maybe they just used the human race def but with a swapped body type. What i think i'll do is switch it back to an exemption list again but with 3 sub lists for RaceDef BodyType and Hediff and if the pawn has just 1 of any of them the needs knocked off, with hediffs added then you could even do stuff like give them bowel implants that removes the need to shit, or whatever crazy stuff you want. Then in the mod options have a tick box to override the def settings entirely so you can set up everything there instead, sound good?

yeah that sounds good. doing mod comp early always prevents headaches later.

Idelacio

Sorry but what do the washing machines actually do?

Do they just remove the deadmans clothing tag? Or is it (or planned to be) like that oooold legacy mod where clothes needed washing?

Canute

I build one, because i though it increase the cleanness maybe.
But on 2 identical bathroom, just one with washing machine, both got the same cleanness.

And another glitch, the kitchen Sink got an interaction spot, but no pawn can interact with it.

Dubwise

The kitchen sink works, you can't force jobs on them manually pawns will just wash their hands at it like a normal basin, it adds some room cleanliness.

The washing machine is just a little bonus joy item, they can watch it spin.

I just put both of those in as cosmetics mostly at the moment, some people like it, not everything has to be functional, could add functionality to the washing machine later, not removing deadmans though that's psychological

Idelacio

Spin me right round...

Er, anyway. O_o

that's fair enough on teh deadman's thing, I agree that's it's not a physical problem. Like I said there WAS a mod way back when that handled clothes getting dirty in general and washing them but I don't know how complicated that would be to implement. Might be something better left to an expansion mod if you were ever thinking of going that far. For now that and the kitchen sinks are great for roleplay. =3

ZE

you could add an affix or a hidden buff to washed clothes, "fresh clean smell", it could be on the same spectrum as deadman's and fade over time (or not idgaf)

freshly washed = "Fresh smell mmmm!" ~ +5
fading wash = "Still fresh smelling" ~ +3
normal
Washed deadman's = "Almost forget it was worn by a corpse...." ~ -1
deadman's

also maybe a job that lets cleaners collect sheets from beds and throw em in the wash, adds the same affix to beds for comfier sleep maybe change the wording "fresh linens...... how relaxing!",  lowers per use i guess? and debuffs for corpse beds, "A corpse slept here!! its as if they are watching me!". for those awful times when bleeding takes ur favorite pawn as you are desperately trying to patch them up.

Fresh linen ~ +10
Somewhat fresh linen ~ +5
normal
corpse bed ~ -10
bloodsoaked sheets ~ -20

its quite perplexing my pawns dont mind jumpin in the bed with the corpse still in it..... lol

Idelacio

Bug.

You can't assign stuff to alien races colonists. That works fine with the steam version but now you hit the button and it depresses but nothing happens, the name entry just stays where it is.

Also I've had a couple of instances where SOMETIMES characters won't deconstruct legacy stuff until I save and load. Unfortunately I can't show that as an example as it works fine once reloaded.

CannonFodder

Quote from: dubwise56 on June 04, 2018, 02:29:49 PM
another little patch to 2.2.2, halved the contamination chances, you should have to screw up pretty bad to get diarrhea now
I'm playing a no-electricity play through and must have screwed up pretty badly. My water tower shows up as untreated, small disease risk, but I've had two colonists get sick so far not long after switching to the most recent version here (coming from the steam version). I had to install pumps, water mills, etc. when I upgraded, but I got it all working again pretty quickly. Do I have any options for treating the water without the additional research / electricty or am I just screwed?

Dubwise

make sure you have basins available so they can wash their hands and try to keep toilets clean, dirty toilets slightly increase the chance that they get contaminated, there is only a 1% chance of contamination when washing with untreated water, then the longer they stay contaminated before washing again the more likely it is to turn into diarrhea, making sure they are washing their hands is the important thing, i also extended the period they have to be contaminated before getting diarrhea in the next patch.

so far i changed the septic tank draining to an automated job, you just set how full you want the tank to be before its emptied, and renamed it all to biosolids so it doesn't break those other mods, and i added the comp in to let you swap out the def for the composters product, and added a function that's easy to patch. I fixed a couple of bugs, added a thing or 2, im adding a disease rate slider to the mod options so you can tweak that if you want, and i have almost finished the mod options menu for controlling exactly what pawns get what needs with all the race/bodytype/hediff filtering, toggles for hospitality guests and prisoners, plus some experimental extras.

CannonFodder

They all have a legacy sink, toilet, and shower in their rooms and a few others scattered around the base. Do I need to go through and replace all of those for them to get decontamination? Or will the old ones work until I get around to replacing them all with something new / nicer? Is there a way to encourage them to bathe / wash more often without directing them to manually? I understand I'm intentionally making it more difficult by playing primitive, and if this is just one of those things, that's fine. I just wanted to be sure I'm using all the options available to me and didn't miss something. Also, I still have my legacy multi-fuel stove, but it doesn't seem to be doing anything. Is there a way to heat water pre-electricity that I've missed or do I just have it connected wrong? Thanks for the quick response.

Dubwise

I just did a save test from the old version, there was a bug with the small water tower and solar heater so those would have broken and needed to be replaced, but the rest of the legacy stuff still worked, the multi-fuel stove worked but the flame doesn't appear when its on so check if its actually generating some capacity, it has all the new comps set up in a way to make it work the same way the original did, also you won't be able to see the new gas and log boilers which replaced it because when you load the save from the old version the central heating research isn't completed by default like it is if you start a new game.

Also about the contamination you can't do much but its such a tiny chance you might have just been unlucky if they are washing their hands, but like i said im adding sliders to change the chance and i tweaked the length of time you need to be contaminated in the next patch so that might help