[1.3] Dubs Bad Hygiene | Mint Menus/Minimap | Paint Shop | Rimkit | Skylights

Started by Dubwise, January 02, 2017, 02:52:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dubwise

updated to 2.2.3

Changed small water tower cost from wood to woody stuff.
Split the architect menu into hygiene and hygiene/misc.
Replaced the fertilized terrain with biosolids which can be placed on any diggable terrain to boost fertility, similar to irrigation and stacks with it, costs less to make, but needs replacing once a year.
Added a comp to the composters def which lets you mod the product and the material used to make it.
Changed the designator to drain septic tanks into a drop down menu which lets you decide when to automatically drain the tank.
Made the search for bathroom fixtures smarter so that if you have a restroom with only 1 toilet, then a pawn wont try to use any fixtures in the room if at least 1 thing is reserved, unless they are in urgent need to use a toilet.
Changed the contamination chance for using toilets to check the toilets cell and not the room cleanliness, and changed the way the chance works.
Removed the forced jobs for urgent defecation, this prevents unwanted interruptions.
Changed the thermostat control on boilers and hot water tanks, they are always on by default, you must now click on a hot water tank and enable thermostat control, then the boiler will switch on for 1 hour stints when the water temp is below 25%.

Fixed a bug that meant toilets with assigned pawns that were in prison cells couldn't be used by prisoners.
Fixed a bug that prevented prisoners from open defecating in their cell.
Fixed the water tower and solar heater from the old version of the mod not being converted properly to the legacy buildings.

Added a mod option to toggle the visibility of the new biosolids fertilizer grid.
Added mod options for contamination chance and irrigation strength, and to toggle the needs for prisoners or hospitality guests.
Added mod options panel to override the def settings for filtering out exactly what needs are given to what pawns, lets you disable by race, body type or hediff.
Added experimental features section to the mod options, including needs toggles for non colonists, and bladder needs for pets and/or wild animals.
Added a thirst need under experimental features, they can drink from basins, sinks or surface water, eating a meal raises it, diarrhea makes it fall faster.
Added a paintable litter box for teh kitties.

does that about cover it?

CannonFodder

I forgot about the changes to the water tower and attempted to copy one that I built prior to 2.2.3. The game begins the attempt to copy and I maintain keyboard and mouse controls to move around, zoom in and out, etc. But I can never place the new water tower or even cancel out of the operation. The only way I was able to recover was to Alt-F4 out of the game. I was able to reproduce is a second time so it wasn't just a fluke, but it's entirely possible it's a conflict with another mod. I ended up having to dev mode destroy the old tower as I couldn't deconstruct it.

Dubwise

thats because its made of stuff now so it freaks out not knowing what stuff it is

ultra4

This version is absolute awesomeness

edit:
Did some god mode testing, found a personal issue: biosolids better the terrain the worse it is right? Like a logaritmic boost? rockydirt goes from 0 to 30% fert, sand goes from 6% to 50%, soil goes from 100 to 120% (diminishing returns make sense on OP soils), then rich soil gets 0% from fertiliser (ramains at 140%)?

Found it sad, was hoping for +10% buff or something. The FF mod soil "plowed soil" also gets nothing from the reusable enrichment, thats kinda too bad, that yearly maintenance could be a end game micromanagement, say like for that extra maybe 5% boost (from 180% to 185%)

Then i came to irrigation, unlike the biosolids these boost exponentially (?), boosting soil to 150% seem a bit to strong, boosting rich soil to 214% also extremely OP, and my jaw dropped, when i saw the plowed soil at 275% that is way to much over the top.

I see irrigation can be manually toned down, so that's not a problem. The biosolids however can't the fine tuned though

Easily duplicated your composter, so now i have 1 for the original composter for the annual buff fertilizer, and made the duplicate with similar name to compost sewage into Fertile Fields mod's fertilizer for the long term terraforming. Works great

Canute

Quote from: Dubwise on June 08, 2018, 09:53:05 AM
not quite sure what you mean, when a pawn uses a toilet they queue up a job to wash their hands right away, if you have other jobs queued then they will be forced to do them until complete and then use the toilet, so the wash hands job can't be queued up after a bunch of other jobs
Ok i just notice this behavior again.
Pawn used the latrine and didn't used/queued the wash bucket after it.
Maybe some other mod interfere with your job's.
Here a modlist maybe that helps you to track it down.
https://git.io/vhrvo

Dubwise

Quote from: Canute on June 12, 2018, 06:56:05 AM
not quite sure what you mean, when a pawn uses a toilet they queue up a job to wash their hands right away, if you have other jobs queued then they will be forced to do them until complete and then use the toilet, so the wash hands job can't be queued up after a bunch of other jobs

oh they don't use wash buckets like basins, they are just for bathing, you need a working basin for washing hands, i guess i could let them use it, but i might have to start adding some more negative effects from using it though like mood or a much higher chance to spread contamination, i could maybe have it become contaminated after x uses and then require a cleaner to go wash it out with whatever magic cleaning device they have hidden up their arse?

Dubwise

Quote from: ultra4 on June 11, 2018, 08:17:45 AM
This version is absolute awesomeness

edit:
Did some god mode testing, found a personal issue: biosolids better the terrain the worse it is right? Like a logaritmic boost? rockydirt goes from 0 to 30% fert, sand goes from 6% to 50%, soil goes from 100 to 120% (diminishing returns make sense on OP soils), then rich soil gets 0% from fertiliser (ramains at 140%)?

Found it sad, was hoping for +10% buff or something. The FF mod soil "plowed soil" also gets nothing from the reusable enrichment, thats kinda too bad, that yearly maintenance could be a end game micromanagement, say like for that extra maybe 5% boost (from 180% to 185%)

Then i came to irrigation, unlike the biosolids these boost exponentially (?), boosting soil to 150% seem a bit to strong, boosting rich soil to 214% also extremely OP, and my jaw dropped, when i saw the plowed soil at 275% that is way to much over the top.

I see irrigation can be manually toned down, so that's not a problem. The biosolids however can't the fine tuned though

Easily duplicated your composter, so now i have 1 for the original composter for the annual buff fertilizer, and made the duplicate with similar name to compost sewage into Fertile Fields mod's fertilizer for the long term terraforming. Works great

irrigation is just a simple multiplier on the terrains base fertility, with 0-100% wetness to 0-180% fertility boost, so when its freshly sprayed its 180% on default settings, but it starts to evaporate quickly so by the end of the day it should have dropped significantly and obviously needs to be maintained daily, i actually got complaints that the irrigation wasn't strong enough on default terrain once you include the evaporation especially in hot biomes so i increased it from 160% to 180%, it might be crazy with modded terrain if they are as high as 180% fertility, but now you can use the slider to set it to whatever you like.

the fertilizer is set up to bump any diggable terrain from 0 fertility to 50% which is the minimum you need to grow a potato, that lets you start growing anywhere with it then boost it with irrigation, any terrain that is already above 50% fertility gets a 20% boost up to a cap of 145% so it cant be much better than rich soil which is already super fast with irrigation. What about if i added a slider to reduce all terrains base fertility, and made the biosolids boost clamp between 20% and 5% so it always adds at least 5%? After that though i really need to call this finished and push to steam so i can get on with other things

Canute

Quote from: Dubwise on June 12, 2018, 07:08:16 AM
Quote from: Canute on June 12, 2018, 06:56:05 AM

oh they don't use wash buckets like basins, they are just for bathing, you need a working basin for washing hands, i guess i could let them use it, but i might have to start adding some more negative effects from using it though like mood or a much higher chance to spread contamination, i could maybe have it become contaminated after x uses and then require a cleaner to go wash it out with whatever magic cleaning device they have hidden up their arse?
Ok, but special at the beginning, when you just got latrine and wash bucket's it would be nice when the pawn's would be more efficient too, and use the bucket too, instead to move 1 hour later back to wash their hands.

ZE

how does toilets v hygene currently work?

hygenicly using a toilet should give you a hediff  (used toilet) which gives all kinds of bacteria, cooking after being something like 75% chance of food poisoning, or something equivalent, eating too
butchery doing something similar, salmonella anyone?

Dubwise

It would be too much to have stuff like cooking and butchering and cleaning contaminate them and then injecting job drivers to wash their hands after every job, so the contamination chances are strictly for when using the mods own buildings. The contamination is hidden, then there is a chance to become contaminated every time they use a toilet, or wash with untreated water, If the water supply becomes contaminated by pumping sewage or the random events then that guarantees the pawn is contaminated when using that water supply to wash, if contaminated then it can lead to diarrhea within a couple of days if they don't happen to wash again before then. The bad hygiene hediff from just plain not washing results in increased food poisoning chances, and social problems, and also allows them to catch the nastier diseases.

Dubwise

so before i bother uploading this next patch... what i have done is removed the cap on the biosolids fertility boost but dropped it to 10%, but i added a slider to let you change it to anything you want, i also added a base terrain fertility slider, so you could make soil fertility awful so you have to fertilize and irrigate it to get growing speeds back up to normal, or cheat, or just balance out modded terrain with irrigation and fertilizer to whatever feels right to you.
I also changed the wash hands job so that if there isn't a basin available then they will find the nearest bucket, shower or bath to wash their hands with. But the bucket now has a limited number of uses before it becomes contaminated and then a cleaner has to just come and clean it, so it gives you a reason to bother installing a proper sink other than ugliness.

All good? shall i upload?

Madman666

Niice. Though washing your hands in a shower seems a bit strange. I'd leave it only with washbuckets and actual basins. Otherwise theres just no sense in having them setup - showers will do the job instead.

ZE

i now hates madman666, thou art enemy

i've had to wash my hands in the shower a good number of times, not everyone is rich and can afford basins like you!!! (gf was in the shower, turning on faucet seemed like a bad idea, plus i had an excuse to oogle :P), i'd rather have hygene then scoff at using another water source tyvm

whats the cap on the sliders ? 10% - 100%? or like somethin crazy like 1000%?

got an idea for maybe future version. 
crude sprinkler ~ waters just the tile, basically you run a pipe, you poke holes in it, cheapest sprinkler resource wise, expensive water wise
crude faucet ~ just a faucet, used for washing hands, spongebathes, takes a while to get the job done, wastes water, and makes the tile underneath it soggy when used (so place a tile of concrete or two)

powerless cooling system ~ using water to cool rather than electricity, the main building takes up the space of a sewage treatment, generates cooled water from a water source(doesn't expend water but does require it) ; works best out of direct sunlight
powerless aircon ~ uses cooled water from pipes to passively cool the air, like a permenent passive cooler in the wall, doesn't quite hit at the same level as a powered aircon(which could probably use a boost) but more than a passive cooler, costs coldwater (could use air pipes or water, up2u)

Dubwise

I'm not going to do any more patches for a while i need to get back to the other mods, you can try and mod in new sprinklers or cooling if you like. I'll limit washing hands to buckets and basins, else its true there would be no point wasting resources to make a basin, you could say thats true in real life like save yourself some money on a bathroom and just piss in a bush and wash your hands with the garden hose, but you know, game mechanics and stuff.

Madman666

Game balance, man, game balance, hate me or not XD. Wise decision, Dubs