[1.3] Dubs Bad Hygiene | Mint Menus/Minimap | Paint Shop | Rimkit | Skylights

Started by Dubwise, January 02, 2017, 02:52:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dubwise

uploaded the update

Made it so pawns will wash thier hands with wash buckets after using a toilet.
But wash buckets now have a limited number of uses before they become contaminated and need cleaning, so that there is a reason to actually use proper basins.
Fixed job drivers for hospitality guests again.
Added mod option sliders for base terrain fertility and fertilizer grid strength, you can bow balance terrain, fertilizer and irrigation fertility however you like.

Kori

I think something went wrong with the upload.. ;)

sumghai

I'm really digging the latest updates to Bad Hygiene, especially the experimental pawn thirst need feature that integrates seamlessly with existing savegames (unlike the No Water, No Life mod), as well as the fire sprinklers.

With regards to drinking sources:

- How do pawns fulfill their thirst need while on caravans? Or did you already account for this by allowing meals to also provide hydration? (Assuming I understood your your 2.2.3 patchnotes correctly)

- Do pawns seek out drinking sources by quality or distance? It would be interesting if someone was able to take your existing framework and add alternative sources like water coolers

Dubwise

Quote from: Kori on June 14, 2018, 06:15:16 PM

what do you mean? seems to work fine for me

Dubwise

Quote from: sumghai on June 14, 2018, 06:16:10 PM
I'm really digging the latest updates to Bad Hygiene, especially the experimental pawn thirst need feature that integrates seamlessly with existing savegames (unlike the No Water, No Life mod), as well as the fire sprinklers.

With regards to drinking sources:

- How do pawns fulfill their thirst need while on caravans? Or did you already account for this by allowing meals to also provide hydration? (Assuming I understood your your 2.2.3 patchnotes correctly)

- Do pawns seek out drinking sources by quality or distance? It would be interesting if someone was able to take your existing framework and add alternative sources like water coolers

Thanks its just the prototype i made ages ago that i never wanted to add, but since i made it so you can toggle needs on anything now i figured why not shove it in quick, on caravans its paused at 50%, and then if they are in-map fighting then food keeps them alive, they will just have a little dehydration, if there's a pond they will have a drink though, its obviously not full featured hence being under experimental. And they look for basins first and if they don't find any they look for surface water, and if a pawns downed a doctor will administer fluids. that's all there is right now

sumghai

Quote from: Dubwise on June 14, 2018, 06:32:54 PMthey look for basins first and if they don't find any they look for surface water, and if a pawns downed a doctor will administer fluids.

I see! So all I need to do is to make a custom 1x1 furniture with similar defs to the basin/kitchen sink :)

Kori

Quote from: Dubwise on June 14, 2018, 06:26:08 PM
Quote from: Kori on June 14, 2018, 06:15:16 PM

what do you mean? seems to work fine for me

The 2.2.4 download only generated broken files without file extensions, but maybe this was a temporary dropbox problem.
It works now.

ultra4

tiny detail: the builder is the one who fertilizes the field with biosolids, should be the grower, like in Fertile Field Mod
Thing that gets edited in less than a minute, but wanted to point out. Love that you even made a custom blueprint for fertilizing

and i might have found a bug, in this patch the latrine gets cleaned without producing fecal sludge as a result. bug or intended?

Canute

They just clear the incident, they don't empty the latrine.
Thats 2 different things.

Dubwise

im doing the v1 update, how many of you would like the plumbing split into sewage/water/heating so you can split up areas easier, or would you rather keep it simple?

Madman666

I'd rather keep it simple. Having a crapton of different pipe grids, aren't neccessary the best choice, even though it might seem as most logical.

Dubwise

what about central heating on its own like the aircon since thats the main thing i heard people want to split, so the hot water tank would be on plumbing and heating lines, rads and boilers just on a heating line, then all water pumping, fixtures and sewage is on plumbing line?

Madman666

I guess you could just add pipe "layers" for such masochists. I for one am content with having just one pipe grid for water and one more for air. Having to construct three or more separate grid just feels like a chore, even though logically thinking you usually don't wanna interconnect water grid for your showers with a pipe for your shitters for obvious reasons.

Dubwise

mhmm, thinking about it a bit more you would actually need a hot water line to run to all fixtures that need hot water else if you have fixtures connecting to hot water tanks with plumbing line then that would connect all hot water tanks between buildings anyway so each "house" would be pulling hot water from every other houses tanks and only the radiators would be on their own loop, aircon pipe works because it doesn't interact with fixtures

Madman666

Well, keeping it simple has its own merits. You could always replace single pipes with plumbing "tiles" represented by several pipes at once, which will explain having all those things on a single water grid without shit flowing down your heating chain and showers.