[1.3] Dubs Bad Hygiene | Mint Menus/Minimap | Paint Shop | Rimkit | Skylights

Started by Dubwise, January 02, 2017, 02:52:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dubwise

i have the v1 versions of skylights, rimkit and hygiene out on steam now, they are set to public, here's my workshop page

https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197976408970/myworkshopfiles/?appid=294100

i might also throw out a public v1 test of rimefeller

Madman666

Amazing! I won't be starting a run for some time still - too many other good stuff unupdated, but you sure work fast. I really look forward to both Rimfeller and playing RW on Windows without any memory issues. 64 bit s here!

Canute

Since you add the Air condition there is no need anymore for any other climatic mod (Redist heat got 2 pipe layers, Central climatic got 3 layers).
So basicly i think you can add 1-2 extra pipe network's without to made it to complex.
I think to split the network's arn't to bad. Sewage,hot,cold.
Shower and bath need connection to sewage, and for hot water a connection to hot too.
The hot water tank act as buffer for the hot network and get lowered when someone use the shower/bath too.

Madman666

Sewage, hot water, cold water and air grid. Now multiply it all by the amount of houses late game colony has and weep over the amount of steel it takes to construct it all. Well ok, not steel, Dubs allowed us to make pipes out of anything which is nice. Still having 4 pipe networks stretched all over a huge base is just sickeningly annoying. Its one of those things that always made me avoid both aforementioned Redist Heat and Climate control. Because setting it up for a massive city is an equally massive pain in the ass. In the end it was faster to just stick small heaters and aircons everywhere, even though with power and component costs it wasn't cheaper in any way.

Canute

It starts with some latrine and buckets, and end's now with a complete system to heat&cool too.
I think for Madman it would better if it could be seperated. So he just get the plain sewage network and shower/bath without the temp. mood boni.

Ruisuki

VincentJ

I have a child in my colony, she always gets ill, suffering from diarrhea. At the beginning it could have been caused by my old latrines, but now the latrines have been changed by modern toilets and she keeps falling sick.

When she falls on the floor, a message appears on the screen : "Croio has contracted diarrhea from dirty water or not washing her hands". I just know diarrhea is a new disease added by this mod.

I also misclicked somewhere and the newborn drank a bottle of beer. Now she's got a high tolerance to alcohol, I don't know if there's a link.

Someone knows if it's a bug or should I call a doctor ?

sidfu

Quote from: VincentJ on June 23, 2018, 06:48:31 PM
I have a child in my colony, she always gets ill, suffering from diarrhea. At the beginning it could have been caused by my old latrines, but now the latrines have been changed by modern toilets and she keeps falling sick.

When she falls on the floor, a message appears on the screen : "Croio has contracted diarrhea from dirty water or not washing her hands". I just now diarrhea is a new disease added by this mod.

I also misclicked somewhere and the newborn drank a bottle of beer. Now she's got a high tolerance to alcohol, I don't know if there's a link.

Someone knows if it's a bug or should I call a doctor ?

not a bug after useing bathroom they need to wash hands. u didnt have a sink so they wherent washing hands

VincentJ

I had no sink, when I placed one near her bed she couldn't go.

After all, I right-clicked on the shower, my diarrheic baby had the most important shower in her life, shower that prevented another diarrhea.

She is safe now.

There is 12 people in my base, I think I have 8 toilets+showers and 3 sinks. No more diarrhea.

ZE

eeeww dude........ why didnt you think of that earlier? hygene is important, i hope you realize that IRL!

you dont have to worry about me borrowing your keyboard or mouse..... and dont you even think of making me a sandwich! NASTY!

RemingtonRyder

I noticed that colonists don't seem to take care of their bladder and hygiene needs until they get quite low. Maybe he threshold at which they use the facilities could go up a bit?

Dubwise

i'll shift it to just before the first bar

CannonFodder

Does our pipe material affect the frequency of the spill event or does it just get tossed into the RNG pile with other events?

Resurak

Hi, can you upload the 1.0 tests of your mods on drive/github?

Marcus