[1.3] Dubs Bad Hygiene | Mint Menus/Minimap | Paint Shop | Rimkit | Skylights

Started by Dubwise, January 02, 2017, 02:52:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dubwise

the radiators can't push any more heat into a room over 21c, so it doesn't matter if they heat up, they aren't like the electric heaters that keep heating, it kind of simulates the pawns changing the thermostatic valves on the rads to get the temp they desire in that room. When it gets to summer, or a heat waves strikes, i save on heating capacity by just turning off radiators either by flicking off all the radiators or another option is to valve off the entire central heating loop so you just need to flick 1 valve

ultra4

Hey Dubwise, i've been trying out thirst in my extreme desert and enjoying the extra headache quite alot. Could you develop it a bit more? drink out of the well, basin and sink is cool, but giving VGP fruit drinks the option to hydrate would make sense... ooooor simply bottling water in a patchleather canteen.

In the menus you can enable and disable each race need for toilet and shower but not the thirst. Would love to not get thirst on my androids, but so far they just visit the well every now and then and make a wish they had a heart...

bigheadzach

Dubs,

Did you have a chance to take a look at Mint Menus possibly conflicting with Falconne's Improved Workbenches and causing the grip-squares on bills to drag the colonist bar instead? Heard you were taking a look at it.

Dubwise

updated hygiene and mint menus

mint menus now works with improved benches drag and drop, you can also open a building search menu, open the keybind settings and you should see an option for mint menus.

for hygiene i finally found out that replace stuff was breaking the pipe blueprints in all my mods because it was rerunning the placeworkers then despawning them based on the result, so i added a fix for that. I also added options to disable the needs completely in case you just want to use other features of the mod, and the mod "Rimhud" has an option to view the needs which is pretty handy.

For thirst it should only enable on things that can eat and have the bladder need, so i guess try disabled bladders on droids, and i don't want to add water bottling because its a massive job to add all of the extra jobs and utils to manage something like that, bigger than all the hygiene needs, basically like copying the entire food system in the game plus adding water content stats to everything. As it is now eating any food will raise the thirst bar so you don't actually needs to drink to stay alive, its a lightweight thirst need that's just there to satisfy the itch for having a visible bar, try "no water no life" if you want hardcore thirst needs.

Dubwise

Canute

Hi Dubwise,
i notice at Mint menu, the search is case sensitive.
Since many modder don't allways follow the rules, i think it would be good if the search ignore that.
I recently was looking for a special bow and couldn't find it, the recipe use 'Bow' and i searched for 'bow'.

And another thing, when you open the bill's, the search field is activ and await your input, good thing.
But ESC don't work with active input field, you can't close the window with it. Maybe you can find a solution.

Dubwise

i know about the esc thing, but i already have a function to ignore case, its working fine in my game

bazazilio

Is it normal that my animals have Bad Hygiene in their Health tab? Is this a bug or was it intended?
Thank you!

Canute

You can enable hygiene for animal at the options, and place Litter box under hygiene/Misc.

Dubwise

the pet would have to have had the hygiene need for that to happen, but you can't enable it for pets, so i have no idea how that could have happened

Canute

Hmm what about the
Pet bladders
Wild animal bladders
i though that about these.

bazazilio

No, bladders were turned off by default and I didn't even know you have to turn them on, and here I was wondering what does the litter box do and why my animals don't use it lol

I noticed that only animals that have been living with me for several years have this «condition», the new ones don't, and I don't really know what caused it. None of them has hygiene as a need, too. It doesn't really bug me that much because it doesn't do anything, I mean no diseases or food poisonings or anything like that not sure about their social impact though haha.

[attachment deleted due to age]

Dubwise

i noticed it in my test game too, but the only thing that ever applies it is the hygiene need or the bladder need, and the animal didn't have either, there is literally no other code anywhere that touches that hediff, so all i can think is that in my case i had those needs enabled on pets for a brief period while testing some code which resulted in the animal getting bad hygiene, but when switched off it got stuck on, and then maybe for other people playing the mod an error during level load from another mod caused the patch that does the needs checks to fail and pets ended up with the needs for a while, even if not visible in the need bar for whatever reason, or just went unnoticed, seeing as the need HAS to be present on the pawn for the bad hygiene to appear at all

akula

I got this error after downloading your latest release 2 days ago. And it happen on new colony I just started.

[attachment deleted due to age]

Dubwise

er, maybe you had a bad zip extraction or something, or you have other errors during load causing it