[1.3] Dubs Bad Hygiene | Mint Menus/Minimap | Paint Shop | Rimkit | Skylights

Started by Dubwise, January 02, 2017, 02:52:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

akula

Im sorry... my bad. I downloaded the 1.0 version and still think it can be used in b19. Just downloaded b19 version and its working.

inevitablechoice

I'm having a bug where the colonists wont use the latrine, and when I try to right click on it to force them, it for some reason forces them into combat mode.

Super confused, any help would be appreciated

Dubwise

Ruisuki

do wells need the areas inside their grid to be open and unobstructed similar to the way watermill and turbine power generators do?

Madman666

No, why would they be? Its an underground water access facility, not a wind gathering station. You just shouldn't place another well in previous one's area, because that ll greatly reduce effectiveness of both.

Canute

Quote from: Ruisuki on October 19, 2018, 12:33:25 AM
do wells need the areas inside their grid to be open and unobstructed similar to the way watermill and turbine power generators do?
When you try to place a well, you will see the Water overlay.
The circle around the well select the water influence.
If you got more deep blue tiles, the well will have a higher max. output.

Like EvilMadmann mention, another well inside these circle will reduce the effectivness since they share the same influence.
So you better place a second well that these circle don't overlap.

Madman666

cyberian

Can I use the water pumps in this mod to create a moat for my castle?

I guess I have to try.

Kapun

When try to use the mod with thirst enabled prisoners start getting dehydration unless i make a water well in their cell. Is this supposed to happen? They seem to get some water with meals but not enough. Is there some way to give them water without digging wells? Also shouldn't being thirsty give a negative thought like being hungry does?

Canute

Not played with thirst so far.
But there should be other be other water source since the well is the low tech solution.
From the change notes
"they can drink from basins, sinks or surface water, eating a meal raises it,"

Kapun

Thanks, though i feel that there should be some way to give water to a person like giving a meal (like bottle/bucket of water or something)

Ruisuki

Quote from: Kapun on October 24, 2018, 09:13:55 AM
Thanks, though i feel that there should be some way to give water to a person like giving a meal (like bottle/bucket of water or something)
I know you can administer fluids to injured people but yeah bottles would be dope, specially for caravans or saving up some canteens in case of an emergency like a disease outbreak

Kapun

How do you administer fluids? I think a saw it in right-click menu a couple times but not always. Is there some kind of condition for it to appear in the right-click action list?

Marcus

The reason that administering fluids isn't always an available option is because a prisoner (in bed), or a sick colonist have fulfilled the thirst need at that moment, wait until the bar drops (like hunger) and then administer fluids. However, as it was mentioned above building a proper bathroom (with a basin) in a prison cell will make prisoners drink from it on their own.

And yeah, I agree - simple bottle system would be cool, instead of walking up to the wells, basins or rivers colonists would just carry a bottled water with them as meals and drink whenever they need to.