[1.3] Dubs Bad Hygiene | Mint Menus/Minimap | Paint Shop | Rimkit | Skylights

Started by Dubwise, January 02, 2017, 02:52:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kapun

QuoteThe reason that administering fluids isn't always an available option is because a prisoner (in bed), or a sick colonist have fulfilled the thirst need at that moment
Its definitely not why it wasn't there. I had a few situations when someone is unconscious because of extreme dehydration, can't drink and the thirst bar is empty but you still can't administer fluids. I can provide screenshots if it is required. Can there be some other reasons why i don't see it in the context menu?

Marcus

You have to check your pipe connections and general water supply in your colony, because colonists need to have sources of running water to administer it to pawns in bed (prisoners or sick ones). As far as I know an 'administer fluids' option wouldn't be available if you have only wash bucket a latrine.. I can be mistaken though.

Ruisuki

do you think equipment offsets can added to the workbench previews?

Warforyou

Quote from: Kapun on October 24, 2018, 02:38:06 PM
QuoteThe reason that administering fluids isn't always an available option is because a prisoner (in bed), or a sick colonist have fulfilled the thirst need at that moment
Its definitely not why it wasn't there. I had a few situations when someone is unconscious because of extreme dehydration, can't drink and the thirst bar is empty but you still can't administer fluids. I can provide screenshots if it is required. Can there be some other reasons why i don't see it in the context menu?
I have the same problem

Marcus

Dubs (a mod creator), should be informed about it, B19 didn't have those issues, it's also impossible to wash patients or prisoners in beds, even if you have a fully functional water system up.

ultra4

had seem to have a bad windblade bug

update: fiddled around for a while in mod order... fixed, don't know what was the prob... but its fixed, so nvm

Tenshi~Akari

With concerns to the dehydration issue, I'm seeing that happen on my end as well. Usually there'd be an option to administer fluids, even without a fully-plumbed base, but there were a number of times one of my more sickly pawns almost lost out to dehydration (save for the little bit recovered from meals). There wasn't a problem with this in B19, so I'm wondering if something got changed without us realizing it.  ???

Marcus

I think I've found the issue - only injured pawns can administer fluids or wash other injured pawns, for some reason those options are not available for healthy ones. I guess there is a mismatch in checking in the current version of the mod. So Dubwise has to fix it.

Ruisuki

Quote from: Ruisuki on October 28, 2018, 02:58:43 PM
do you think equipment offsets can added to the workbench previews?
That and level requirements like for doing bulk meals, instead of having to click on 'more details' to be made immediately visible?

cyberian

So I have a network with water tower, two wind pumps, wood boiler and hot water tank and then a couples of showers, toilets, heaters and sinks. I have one sewage outlet.

I now added a septic tank but it does not seem to clean the water. The treatment description in the water tower has not changed from before it still says untreated. I am also emptying it regularly. Do I need more septic tanks or am I doing something wrong? Septic tank is for cleaning the water right?

Canute

Septic tank and Sewage treatment only lower the risk because it clean/filter the water.
To become it 100% safe you need a Water treatment.

temple_wing

Would you please provide mediafire download. Dropbox is banned by chinese gov.

Dubwise

I followed these bugs involving wounded pawns and administering things on steam and uploaded fixes on there and here over the last week so it should all be fine now if you get the latest build.

The septic tank just reduces sewage over time it doesn't provide clean water, to prevent contamination just don't let wells overlap dirty stuff like sewage or graves or drills or make a filter.

For mint menus i'm using the standard infocard utils in the game and i have it show the infocard for the product if there is one rather than just the info for the bill, i have plans to add in a tiny skill requirement line in the listings and maybe different info in the tooltip on mouse over, but to do more detailed info on the card i have to copy the util and modify it a bunch, and ui takes ages to do so its not a high priority right now.

Kapun

Great! Another question: are raiders supposed to target things like water wells (the metal wells)? I mean it is kinda weird that pirates and mechanoids treat these things are their first-priority targets.

Dubwise

its just a normal building so that's just how raiders target, they set fire to your crops too so they are just looking for ways to piss you off