[1.3] Dubs Bad Hygiene | Mint Menus/Minimap | Paint Shop | Rimkit | Skylights

Started by Dubwise, January 02, 2017, 02:52:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dubwise

updated mint menus with a new custom infocard to show a lot more info about the recipe and product, and the icons now tint

NoCanDo

Niiiice. Yer been trolling Reddit I see. You added the stats +walkspeed etc. to the items BEFORE they are crafted!

Dubwise

Ruisuki

does the sewage treatment facility supersede all other water treatment facilities? wondering if theres any point building others or if im good with just that one

Canute

Water Treatment is the only one which 100% clear the water, if you check your water tower it is treated then.
Septic tank or sewage treatment just filter out the bad things, there is allways a small risk left.

Ruisuki

ah. guess ill just use sewage treatment instead of water and septic from now on

dpwb

My water towers and septic tanks empty automatically every game morning at 7am.
Not a huge problem, as I have enough pumping capacity to fill the towers again.
I have loads of mods so not assuming this is a bug with this mod at all - however I am wondering if anyone else has experienced this - potentially could help me locate the conflicting mod.

Canute

At my gameplays so far, the water tower (not sure about the hugh one) need to be drained manualy.
Ofcouse when you got sprinkler, they get activated each morning and can drain the water by a hugh amount.
And septic tank need to be emptied by pawn's.

When no error show up at the log there is no hint.
You can try to move the mod at the end of the modlist.

Dubwise

the only way the tank could be emptied at that time every morning is if you have sprinklers running, there isn't any other code anywhere that could do that

dpwb

Doh forgot about the sprinklers! of course.
They must use a huge amount of water, but that makes sense.
But the septic tanks, I have no sewage outlet at all, just a few septic tanks, no treatment either.
They never seem to get up to 25% for a pawn to empty them - they go up to a few % then the next day they are at 0%, they are not being emptied
I'm probably missing something obvious again!

Dubwise

they clean sewage over time on their own, if you aren't using toilets that often then its cleaning up faster than you can produce it, you can reduce the rate in the settings, its all on easy mode by default

Modo44

The pawns seem lazy about fulfilling their new thirst/hygiene/bladder needs. This virtually guarantees a constant mood debuff of some sort.

Given the number of needs from vanilla and this mod combined, there is a lot of added -- wasted -- walking time. I think all needs should be rebalanced to account for that.

Dubwise

its fine as it is, just don't give them 1 big toilet in 1 spot in the base, put little restrooms near work areas and then its easy, you can also slow down the needs in the mod settings, having pawns take time to go to the toilet is literally why people wanted this and the jobs are already very fast, especially with power showers which take a couple of seconds to use. You get the same problems with anything in the game like food, sleep, joy hauling, whatever, if your pawns have to travel too far to reach the next nearest thing then just change the layout

ptx

Hydroponics that actually uses hydro, where plants die due to lack of nutrient water instead of dying due to lack of electricity.

Dubwise

would be nice but i can't override standard hydroponics because of mod compatibility, if i add my own people would just never use them and be confused about why they exist unless they are 10x better than powered ones