[1.3] Dubs Bad Hygiene | Mint Menus/Minimap | Paint Shop | Rimkit | Skylights

Started by Dubwise, January 02, 2017, 02:52:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

selmephren

Quote from: Kayrah on January 04, 2019, 10:07:53 PM

i had no idea what the "blowing side" does. change it to ice crystals please or make it the same as the normal cooler

A walk-in freezer unit that is blowing something.  Since it has to connect to an air-con outdoor unit for coolant the blowing imagery really can only be one thing.

Madman666

Took the words out of my mouth. No need to change anything. Everything s logical and intuitive.

Tenshi~Akari

Still very appreciative of these most recent updates and all, but the removal of the Set owner option wounds me a little.

I've been trying to cope with not having directly assignable bathroom fixtures, but sometimes it doesn't handle as well as it should... especially if the bed & bath are too far apart from each other & the link keeps going to the bed in the other room that's closer. That, and if you have shared rooms w/ 1 bath, it'll only takes one bed's link into account as opposed to the folks that reside in the room.* (It actually would be nice if there was an additional "link to room" option if it's possible, but if that's too much additional work, not even going to push on that too much further...)

Also would like to see Link bed not try to link to animal beds for the same reason.  :'(

*I know, I know... "uninstall the other bed, then link & reinstall", or "use those door lock mods"... but that sort of defeats the purpose of convenience the removed option had.  (Plus, it's easy to forget to unlock/relock a door when it comes maintenance time for fixtures. Gotta limit disturbed sleep instances as much as possible early on, right?) :P

Kori

I would like to see a revival of the Set owner option, too.

Kayrah

Quote from: Madman666 on January 06, 2019, 03:25:18 AM
Took the words out of my mouth. No need to change anything. Everything s logical and intuitive.

yeah, thats why 3 people on the discord couldnt answer what it does. Maybe it was logical for you, its not for others. So dont be a selfish idiot, its just a tiny change on the image.

Madman666

Throwing insults around isn't that efficient a way of proving your point. In my opinion, the fact that only 3 out of 100+ people on discord didn't know which side of the freezer blows is a proof the mod is fine.

Dubwise

I'm doing a little update to change the grids a bit and fix oceans, wont be changing the freezer it works perfectly, if it is in the correct position it highlights the room it will cool with the same blue room highlight system that other coolers use, it has graphics to show the cells which need to be clear for venting, which also happens to be the side which has the blue room highlighting system showing which room will be cooled, and the description says it needs to be connected to outdoor units, and if its not in a clear position it says the vents need to be kept clear, and if you do put it the wrong way round it can simply be reinstalled the right way round with 2 clicks.

I'm also changing the bed link to a target picker, i needed to get rid of the old manual assignment system because it had to be saved in one of the needs which meant you couldn't toggle that need off in the settings, and by linking to a bed it makes everything much safer and simpler using existing code in the game, if pawns die or get married or anything like that in mods then the private bathrooms just update with the new bed owner.

Quote from: Madman666 on January 13, 2019, 01:07:41 PM
Throwing insults around isn't that efficient a way of proving your point. In my opinion, the fact that only 3 out of 100+ people on discord didn't know which side of the freezer blows is a proof the mod is fine.

Yeah, if that's not a case of PEBKAC, I don't know what is.

Dubwise

Pushed an update for paint shop, it needs a little bit more testing
Pawns now have to do a manual paint job to paint things, like roofing.
There's a settings menu (cog next to close button) where you can switch off job mode.
You can also toggle the paint tool button to being limited to the orders menu.
You can now paint bed sheets by holding ctrl while painting them, they need to have a normal layer of paint as well to activate it.

let me know how it goes

RayvenQ

Had a quick search of the thread to see if it's been mentioned, have you considered (or rather, I suppose the question is more is it possible/worth doing) having it so that the Water Butts fill up slowly when it rains?

Kayrah

Quote from: 2.71828 on January 13, 2019, 02:49:55 PM
Quote from: Madman666 on January 13, 2019, 01:07:41 PM

Yeah, if that's not a case of PEBKAC, I don't know what is.

ofc the problem is with me, but introducing new ways how vents are highlighted dont help there much. the room highlight doesnt work when you have room details activated, as i showed in my screenshots. Too bad the author is not willing to add a tiny snowflake or something like that to the graphics to make it instantly noticeable or bring it in line with the other freezer and make those blue squares. that way it would also help to understand there is not heating side.
Turning the freezer around doesnt help if you dont have cooling connected which makes it even more confusing.
besides those 3 on the discord where the only ones active at that time and the only one that could help would also hint towards the room highlight, which as said doesnt help a bit.
btw to me its insulting to say: "i didnt have a problem, so fuck you" instead of "it worked for me, but changing the gfx a bit wouldnt hurt"

anyway, id like to see some traits added with this mod. like strong bladder vs weak. or pawns that like to be dirty. get dirty quicker etc

Madman666

If calling a person "selfish idiot" for having another opinion (i.e. for disagreeing that the mod needs that change) is not an insult, lol, i don't know what is. What you described in your example (i didnt have a problem, so fuck you) is not an insult, but rather being a retarded asshole.

Canute

Quote from: Kayrah on January 19, 2019, 03:18:56 AM
the room highlight doesnt work when you have room details activated
Maybe that is why most people don't have these problems.
The Room details display is too annoying for me to have it allways active. I just use it to check things and i think most people do it too.
And ofcouse the hot/cold overlay can't work when you want to place vents.
But don't you got the same problem with vanila vents. Ok the vanilla cooler got red/blue arrows on it.

Yes the mod author could improve the textures to a similar  blue arrow. But only a very small minory got this problem so i don't think it  got high priority on his list.
Maybe you can modify the textures at your own and send it to dubwise. :-)
And since you know now about the overlay problem you can disable the room display if needed.

Madman666

I am also using that stat overlay a lot, often without even disabling it (why bother). Still somehow it doesn't really obstruct me from recognizing how freezers work... Plus there is that you now know, how freezers work and also you know what the blowing icon means, so why even change the thing. And even more simple solution - all mod graphics in mods is the most simple part to change and modify, which requires only 2 things - local mod copy and a new texture file to replace one you don't like. Take that snowflake icon from google, resize it and replace dubses blowing icon. Done.

Kayrah

ofc i know how it works now, but the next guy might not. i just wanted to give feedback what problem i faced, but apparently im the only one.