[1.3] Dubs Bad Hygiene | Mint Menus/Minimap | Paint Shop | Rimkit | Skylights

Started by Dubwise, January 02, 2017, 02:52:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

temple_wing

I suggest to add the need to wash the food before eat it raw or cook it.
Or at least give some bonus if players choose to do so.

Tenshi~Akari

Adding a request for future updates to Bad Hygiene:

A way to copy/paste the storage settings of the washing machine. I just realized that's an essential function that's missing at the moment, having multiple machines on base to make cleansing select types of gear go quicker, and the moment I have the setting I want, the option wasn't there. Definitely a "must-need."

Dubwise

Dubwise

Updated Bad Hygiene and Rimkit to work with multiplayer, skylights should work already, still working on a mint update

Bunkier

Yo, i was pretty pissed when i heard this that you don't support my mod as ya said there.
Quote from: Dubwise on December 25, 2017, 11:21:38 AM
I don't like the idea of removing worn by corpse effect by washing, doesn't make sense because the problem isn't that its dirty, its knowing you just looted clothes off a corpse, like when an enemy has been downed by a minigun burst and they are laying in a pool of their own blood piss and shit, you can remove their clothes and its totally fine, but someone that's euthanized in a sterile room needs to be stripped first.

In reality the conditions in the colony would dictate if a colonist would be concerned about wearing clothes that someone died in, like if you are butt naked in a freezing tundra with half your digits missing then you probably wouldn't care too much about stealing socks off your dead wife's maggoty corpse, but if you have plenty of clean fresh clothes and all of your toes then it would be rather shocking. Also if you have the capability to run a modern washing machine with working water supply and sewage system and electricity and detergent then it should be easy to knit together a new pair of pants else you have your priorities in a mess.

The only way i can think of making washing a thing without making it a big coding job, and how i will probably try do it in my mars mod, is if it is simply a way to add just enough hit points on an item of clothing to clear the worn out apparel debuff, so you could maybe get into a cycle of wearing the clothes for a couple of days, then when the they become worn out the pawns auto swap to better clothes like normal, and then if the worn out clothes are within a certain range of hit points, then a pawn can haul them to a washing machine and it will add just enough points back to clear the worn out status, else they wear out until destroyed like normal.
I said, okay, cool maybe he doesn't want to support my stuff but then when i saw this
Quote from: Dubwise on November 27, 2018, 09:58:07 PM
Washing machine can now wash clothes, which removes the worn by corpse flag.
Something broke inside me, you could just say that you have plans for that instead saying that its senseless. Shows how hypocrite you're.
I know it was 2 years ago but still.

Madman666

I was pestering Dubs to add washing machine removing corpse crap from looted apparell like for years xD And he said same thing to me, that you just quoted. I was more persistent though.

Dubwise

er..ok well there isn't some grand conspiracy, i still think it doesn't make sense to wash clothes worn by corpses, not for my mod anyway, but i passed the point of trying to stick to and explain my own ideas a long time ago because it just wears me down, hence adding loads of options for stuff like thirst which i really don't like. So many people bugged me about it for so long that one night i said sod it and added a basic washing job based on like composting or something to the washing machine graphic that i already put in as just a cosmetic thing that someone could have modded if they wanted to. Its not as if over a year ago i schemed and plotted to add a working washing machine one day in the distant future, i'm not petyr baelish lol.

As for adding support for mods to use water, i only just got around to adding water usage to my own mods Rimefeller and Rimatomics a couple of months ago, and also i think there might be some confusion because adding support for water usage in another mod isn't actually something i can do, that would be like telling CE to add support for Rimatomics, it has to be done the other way around, if someone wants to add water usage they just need to add a CompPipe to their building using a defextension or xpath or something along those lines, and then do a bit of reflection to push or pull water or sewage from the pipenet if it exists, for me to add the support to a mod would mean harmony patching their buildings and trying to prefix postfix or transpile water and sewage usage into the right places with numbers that they have no control over and not being able to save anything like buffers and yada yada. So in the end i'm a bit confused about what the problem is exactly, i just started giving in to demands :(

Bunkier

Now everything is clear, I guess that emotions gave up a lil in me, sorry for that. But if ya say that ppl were pushing ya to add it you could always redirect them to my mod or something like that. I just kinda felt it unfair for the first time you know.

Dubwise

i was redirecting them to your mod, but most were already using it, or often people asked for full dirty clothes system with laundry which i don't have time for, but like i said i can't really patch your mod from my end since its not my code, i just spent the last week or so struggling to update my own mods with support for multiplayer, i bitched and moaned about it at first because of the extra work, but mp support wasn't going to magic its way into my mods so i just got on with it

Bunkier

forumgod

"Drain tank", "kick over" and etc should require a colonist to execute, no?

Madman666

No, it doesn't. It happens instantly without colonists needing to go do anything.

Jiro

For Bad Hygiene, what should I consider when selecting load order?

temple_wing

What about to add a "water bag"? So that your pawns don't need to go back home to drink water.

Madman666

If you read this thread a bit, you ll notice, that several people already suggested having canteens already, with Dubs explaining, why he doesn't want to do it.