[1.3] Dubs Bad Hygiene | Mint Menus/Minimap | Paint Shop | Rimkit | Skylights

Started by Dubwise, January 02, 2017, 02:52:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grabarz

Hello this mod is totally new experience for me and i cant figure out how to clear water
Water Well --> Pumping Station --> Water tank --> Treatment station --> Basin --> Sewage Treatment 

Problem is that my Water tank shows message Quality: Untreated - Small disease

I tried to connect treatment station before water tank - same result
i tried to connect multiple treatment stations - same results

How to clear water ?

Canute

The first thing for cleaning you could research is the
Septic Tank, the waste gather there and a pawn need to empty it from time to time, like the latrine.
- Sewage Treatment, it slowly reduce the waste from your pipe system. If you got enough from these noone need to empty the Septic Tank anymore.
- Water Treatment made the water 100% clean and eliminate the disease chance.
- Deep water well got a larger area to gather water, and don't get affected by Toxic fallout like regular water wells.

If you want the waste for other use, you shouldn't build Water Treatment.

And it doesn't matter at which sequence you build them, they just need to be connected to the pipe network. Basicly you can have the well total different from the water tower.

Chibisuke

u dont need the pawns to empty the septic tanks btw. you dont even need a septic tank. Unless you want to collect the sludge to make fertilizer. When the septic tanks get full any more waste goes directly into the sewage outlet. For me I dont use the fertilizer side of the mod so I skip the septic tank all together and let all sewage go directly to the outlet.

Septic tanks also work as a sewage treatment alot slower than the proper sewage treatment.

code99xx

I have a quick question ... what type of job is reffiling the water tubs?

My colonists dont seem to be doing it themselves, i have to always manually tell them to refill them? Its not Basic tasks like i first thought ...

Canute

Refil Tub, is under hauling jobs.
I suggest to use WorkTab mod, then you can manualy change the priority of this job for some of your people which stay at home most of the time anyway.

code99xx

Quote from: Canute on July 18, 2019, 08:30:11 AM
Refil Tub, is under hauling jobs.
I suggest to use WorkTab mod, then you can manualy change the priority of this job for some of your people which stay at home most of the time anyway.

Thanks!

I tried work tab but i play on a 2k monitor and the interface is tiny enough as is and with work tab its just next to impossible to read all the tiny text for every job. Scaling the ui from the game makes it all look really pixelated ...

Canute

Try to increase the UI scale, or use the screen magnifying glass function like other old people too ! :-)

Ruisuki

does the paint mod involve pawns working or is it done like a command console?

Madman666

Both. You can make it instant, or you can set it to take a split moment to paing something.

Tocato

was wondering was it this mod that changed it so pawns were naked during their showers or was it another one? I feel like this used to happen before but now when I use the water tube they keep their clothes on

Madman666

Yes, its hygiene, that makes them take off clothing in showers and baths.

ThiIsMe007

What do you use the thermostat for ?

I've been using the mod to my satisfaction for quite some time now, and never felt the need to use it. If I needed to lower the temperature (and/or power usage), I'd just operate directly on the boiler.

Canute

You need the thermostat in combination for the heating/aircondition to adjust the temperature of the connected pipe system.
Maybe you notice you can't adjust the radiator's like the vanilla heater.

ThiIsMe007

Maybe it's the way I'm playing, or the way I manage my DBH setup, but I don't feel the need to modulate the temperature otherwise than globally. During summer time, I reduce power on the boiler, and the temperature in all of my rooms lowers in consequence. During winter time or a cold snap, I give it an additional notch or two.

I probably must be missing something, but being the ever-curious that I am, I had to ask. Thank you for your reply.

Canute

You have manual controled the pipe temperature so far.
With the thermostat you don't need to reduce the power at summer time anymore, because this will be don't automatical when the temp. is above the value.