[A16] Rimworld 2.0 Adds a variety of items for construction

Started by diablz, January 02, 2017, 03:07:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

diablz

Adds a variety of Items

Electronics Craftable on the electronics table

Micro Chips Mechanisms    Integrated Circuits Electronic Components  Bio Micro Chips   Wires

Ores Smeltable on Furnace and Electric Smelter (vanilla Smelter)

Copper Ore    Iron Ore   Aluminum Ore     Smelted Ores  Copper Bar    Steel Bar  Aluminum Bar 

Coal    Charcoal  

SawMill For sawing Wood Planks

Wood Planks

Glass Work Table - For a variety of glass buildings and colored and non-colored lights

Colored Ceiling Lights   Non-Colored Ceiling Light   Auto-Door Light 

Glass Constructions

Window ( can also make walls in glass or reinforced glass, lights pass trough them)   Glass Door    Glass     Reinforced Glass  

Iron, cooper, aluminum and coal are minable, it is auto generated on the creation of the map
I am still doing some changes on the costs of the buildings as i play whit it, fell free to report anything

Just wanted to know what do you guys think, please let me know, its my first mod so if anything is wrong let me know :)

Thank you

License:

You can include this mod in your mod pack or make a derivative of it just let me know.
You can include it in a modpack.

Download here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/sz83pw62e32dblj/Rimworld%202.0.rar?dl=0

cammillotto

diablz

It is try it :P

No it does not need a new save, it will work whit old saves, but the mining nodes may not be very well generated, haven't tried it that way, i would try it but i dont have any save that i can load whit this, just started out in alpha 16 ^^

make a copy of your save and try it an please let me know :)

Just be reminded that you will need a fresh core folder if you remove this mod, if you open up the gave and there is a lot of red errors, just replace the core folder everything will be fine :)

jere8184

Sounds cool. Im guessing this mod will make the game more difficult in a way

SmartererThanYou

Quote from: diablz on January 02, 2017, 03:07:00 PM
Adds a variety of items for construction in vanilla production

items:

-Mechanisms
-Electronic components
-Bio Micro Chips
- Micro Chips
-Intergrated Circuits
-Copper
-Iron
-Aluminium
-Sand (for glass making)
-Coal
-Charcoal
An more items, iron, cooper, aluminium and coal are minable and can be smelted into bars

I am still doing some changes on the costs of the buildings as i play whit it, and i will add some others mods modificated whit this new items

Just wanted to know what do you guys think, please let me know, its my first mod so if anything is wrong let me know :)

Thank you

License:

You can include this mod in your mod pack or make a derivative of it just let me know.

Download here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/sz83pw62e32dblj/Rimworld%202.0.rar?dl=0

Update: charcoal is now craftable, there was some kind of error in it

You have a few spelling mistakes in this post  ;D

diablz

Quote from: SmartererThanYou on January 02, 2017, 06:58:38 PM
Quote from: diablz on January 02, 2017, 03:07:00 PM
Adds a variety of items for construction in vanilla production

items:

-Mechanisms
-Electronic components
-Bio Micro Chips
- Micro Chips
-Intergrated Circuits
-Copper
-Iron
-Aluminium
-Sand (for glass making)
-Coal
-Charcoal
An more items, iron, cooper, aluminium and coal are minable and can be smelted into bars

I am still doing some changes on the costs of the buildings as i play whit it, and i will add some others mods modificated whit this new items

Thank you

License:

Update: charcoal is now craftable, there was some kind of error in it

You have a few spelling mistakes in this post  ;D

I am sorry for that, my English are not that good, and firefox says that everything is ok:P

Hydromancerx

Nice! A bunch of this stuff i need due to other mods not being updated (ex Copper, Glass and Aluminum).

EDIT: Oh you edit base game files. :( I don't want to mess those up. You should make it all modular.

diablz

Quote from: Hydromancerx on January 02, 2017, 09:09:50 PM
Nice! A bunch of this stuff i need due to other mods not being updated (ex Copper, Glass and Aluminum).

EDIT: Oh you edit base game files. :( I don't want to mess those up. You should make it all modular.

You can, just dont add them, the diference is that you will not have the new items on the vanilla productions, including them in the mod generated some random bugs that i could not solve, just by the change of the game files directly

skullywag

No, there is NEVER (ok almost never) a need to change the core files directly, please post the issues you had and we can help you address those issues.
Skullywag modded to death.
I'd never met an iterator I liked....until Zhentar saved me.
Why Unity5, WHY do you forsake me?

alsoandanswer

"If I quote some smart guy, then therefore I should be smart myself!" -alsoandanswer

diablz

Quote from: alsoandanswer on January 03, 2017, 11:42:18 AM
can we have pictures please?

I will add pictures soon, i am still doing some changes, and i got little time today, sorry i will as soon as i can

diablz

Quote from: skullywag on January 03, 2017, 10:20:48 AM
No, there is NEVER (ok almost never) a need to change the core files directly, please post the issues you had and we can help you address those issues.

The problem is that when i start a game whit the ship chunks file modded i got no generation of pawns, it starts empty, always empty unless there is no ship chunks in the map.

The other problem, but a small one is that i cannot create different Parent name=building base, it says that one is already exists in this mod, like the vanilla buildings file.

Thank you in advance for any help that you can provide

I would add images to explain it better, but i am on my phone, i will update when i have my pc.

ilawz

Isn't this from sky's hardcore sk modpack? I remember seeing the wires and steel bars etc in that modpack

Hydromancerx

Can you make a version that doesn't alter the core files?