[B18] Set-Up Camp v2.1 - B18 Update

Started by Nandonalt, January 02, 2017, 05:13:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Soupy Delicious

Whats different about this to the way it is now ingame, allowing you to settle places?

Canute

Settle = permament colony.
Camp = temporary, without having to get ambushed or invading a rival faction.

Xubrim

You also define the size of settlements and camps separately, so you could probably have quite a few camps set up before you reach the same performance hit you take with one standard settlement. Like event maps, which I suppose this is, you can access any item on the map without moving it to a stockpile.

Soupy Delicious

Does this mean that you can basically farm wild animals by leaving camp and remaking camp?

Canute

Yes you could, but animals are heavy. I would suggest to get a butchering spot from a tribal mod and butcher them before you leave.

And if you need chunks you could do the same.
Or mining, harvesting...
You even could create a colony there, you never get a raid but never a caravan or visitor either, perfect for basebuilder.

Soupy Delicious

Quote from: Canute on July 11, 2017, 06:26:16 AM
Yes you could, but animals are heavy. I would suggest to get a butchering spot from a tribal mod and butcher them before you leave.

Or mining, harvesting...
You even could create a colony there, you never get a raid but never a caravan or visitor either, perfect for basebuilder.

I understand the appeal... xD but I don't get excited by even mildly exploity things.  Thanks for verifying, but <3

SpaceDorf

Quote from: Canute on July 11, 2017, 06:26:16 AM

Or mining, harvesting...

I would say if you have time to hunt, you have time to chop down two trees and build a butcher table.
The speed difference will make up for it.
Maxim 1   : Pillage, then burn
Maxim 37 : There is no overkill. There is only open fire and reload.
Rule 34 of Rimworld :There is a mod for that.

EnricoDandolo

Canute

On a camp ? no. They only happen on colonies.

sirgzu

I'm missing the reform caravan option on a camp, is that normal?

edit: after restarting the game it is available again...

SrGrafo

this mod is amazing, wish it wouldnt bug with the RealFogOfWar mod, however found something that not sure if bug but I get "witnesses outsider death" whenever someone dies in my main colony (people in the camp are getting this negative mood, not sure if this is planned or

in any case awesome mod!  :D

Griffith

Any chance we can get this updated for A18? :D

kamuii

Would love to see this for A18. I miss being able to use this.

Kiame

I couldn't live without it so i hacked a version of Setup Camp. I don't think it has everything but you can setup a camp and reform a caravan. B18 unofficial Setup Camp

I'll remove this download immediately upon request.

Rafe009

Quote from: Kiame on November 18, 2017, 09:18:32 PM
I couldn't live without it so i hacked a version of Setup Camp. I don't think it has everything but you can setup a camp and reform a caravan. B18 unofficial Setup Camp

I'll remove this download immediately upon request.

Damn, great job. This mod should be part of vanilla. IT's just so artificial how seemingly the space between your base and trading colonies is like a desert devoid of life unless  you get beset upon by a raid or feral animals then suddenly you can hunt.