[B18] Set-Up Camp v2.1 - B18 Update

Started by Nandonalt, January 02, 2017, 05:13:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lady Wolf

Quote from: Spdskatr on January 03, 2017, 01:04:21 AM
Your colonists shall starve no more! (unless you're traveling on an ice sheet ofc)

Even then you can always stop and kill off a colonist or two when you run low on food...  ::)

(Yeah, Rimworld, it takes you to new depths of depravity when your colonies survival is on the line.  :P )

Or slaughter some pack (or trade) animals, assuming they are worth less than that useless pop star pacifist who can't do any task but artwork anyway..

doodeeda

What's the difference between a camp and a colony that you abandon later? Do events not happen?

I'm playing a nomadic colony that's always on the move, and I was just planning on settling colonies and abandoning them as "camps".

joaonunes

Quote from: doodeeda on January 03, 2017, 03:44:11 AM
What's the difference between a camp and a colony that you abandon later? Do events not happen?

I'm playing a nomadic colony that's always on the move, and I was just planning on settling colonies and abandoning them as "camps".

The idea of this mod is to lay a camp whenever you want/need by using similar mechanics to the ones when you get attacked mid-travel, meaning that this camp will disappear from the map as soon as you leave it and will not stay on the map unlike what happens when you abandon a colony.

If you really want to be a nomad try this mod, put down a camp every once in a while and then leave taking everything with you. If you want to leave a camp behind to revisit at a later point you may want to keep creating colonies and abandoning them.
Do you want your colonists to look manlier?
Get a free mustache sample here!

WoodyDaOcas

Excellent idea, thank you for the mod :)

carpediembr

Whats the difference between the camp and "settle" ?

Any chance we can chose the map size from the camp?

joaonunes

Quote from: carpediembr on January 03, 2017, 08:51:41 AM
Whats the difference between the camp and "settle" ?

Any chance we can chose the map size from the camp?

"Settle" sounds like you are going to make a new colony, while "camp" has a more temporary meaning. Should be self explanatory from now on :D

Nandonalt

Quote from: joaonunes on January 03, 2017, 04:03:35 AM

The idea of this mod is to lay a camp whenever you want/need by using similar mechanics to the ones when you get attacked mid-travel, meaning that this camp will disappear from the map as soon as you leave it and will not stay on the map unlike what happens when you abandon a colony.

If you really want to be a nomad try this mod, put down a camp every once in a while and then leave taking everything with you. If you want to leave a camp behind to revisit at a later point you may want to keep creating colonies and abandoning them.

Thanks for explaining it well!  ;D
Also, the camps are much smaller than colonies: they are faster to generate and aren't so heavy on the CPU.

joaonunes

Quote from: Nandonalt on January 03, 2017, 10:36:16 AM
Thanks for explaining it well!  ;D
Also, the camps are much smaller than colonies: they are faster to generate and aren't so heavy on the CPU.

Do you know what is the funniest part? I have downloaded the mod but have not tried it yet :P Too much studying to do :(

Jakub k.

allready my favorite mod,i can now control an entire map because it's so small, also my computer can now run normally :D

[attachment deleted by admin due to age]

GiantSpaceHamster

Quote from: joaonunes on January 03, 2017, 04:03:35 AM

I don't think you can re-enter abandoned settlements actually. I was unable to even enter the tile on the world map last time I tried.

Jakub k.

wait a second,do events happen in this mini-map? like raids and flashstorms? because if not my dreams are ruined hah :0
*tries not to scry*

joaonunes

Quote from: GiantSpaceHamster on January 03, 2017, 02:04:44 PM
I don't think you can re-enter abandoned settlements actually. I was unable to even enter the tile on the world map last time I tried.

Humm... Thanks for the heads up, I had no idea

Love

Since the camp deletes itself, couldn't you just use this to infinitely farm adjacent tiles for as much material as they can carry?

Codexehow

Should be in base game, thanks.

asquirrel

Great mod idea!  Thanks dude! :)