[B18] Set-Up Camp v2.1 - B18 Update

Started by Nandonalt, January 02, 2017, 05:13:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ruisuki

Quote from: Harry_Dicks on February 18, 2018, 04:58:04 AM
Quote from: Ruisuki on February 18, 2018, 03:44:01 AM
the camp symbol remains on the map after i click delete. I see the option to form a caravan and can zoom into the biome but since nobody is in the biome i cant have anyone 'leave it' they left hours ago. I have it set to not auto destroy camps after leaving. It was working fine until now 3 years into the gameThis has never happened before.

39.68S 48.77E planet ulyana

I'm a bit confused. Is this not working properly? You want the camping symbol to disappear, but you have permanent camps turned on?
right so I had permanent camps on, but I tried to delete the camp i had made manually (needed to make a quick stop to hunt for food) using the X icon next to 'form caravan'. I clicked it except it did nothing except remove the icon, as I can still zoom into the biome and its taking a spot still.

I then tried to change the mod settings to delete camp after leaving in a save BEFORE i had formed my caravan out of the biome but it still yielded an undeletable camp. That and ive been getting all sorts of errors like not being able to trade regularly with a settlement for some reason, and what seems like my caravan not moving for an extraordinary amount of time(wasnt overencumbered either). Both issues seemed to be solved over time, though they occasionally still happen. Im hoping this undeletable camp issue isnt permanent as unlike the others, its a persistent issue.

Canute

QuoteI see the option to form a caravan
Could you just try this, and look if there is anything left ?

Summoned pawn from Rim of magic at example stay at these camps too, then you can't close them.

Ruisuki

Quote from: Canute on February 18, 2018, 05:39:09 AM
QuoteI see the option to form a caravan
Could you just try this, and look if there is anything left ?

Summoned pawn from Rim of magic at example stay at these camps too, then you can't close them.
Theres nothing there since nobody is on the biome. It was only 1 pawn and an alpaca. I do have a second caravan elsewhere with 7 people and a prisoner which have made multiple stops due to resupplies and ambushes but the one with the issue is just one colonist and an animal. I suppose I could try moving the pawn back into the camp and then trying to exit again. To be clear when i try to form the caravan after leaving the undeletable camp i see nothing there to order to pack up and leave, no pawns.

edit: nope moving the pawn back into the camp and forming the caravan again did nothing. the camp wont be deleted no matter if i have the settings set to no permanent camps or not. I have a save an hour behind that I am able to form caravan and the camp deletes, but id rather not waste progress. Plus id feel a lot safer if I knew how to fix this issue for the future, if it happens again.

Harry_Dicks

This makes me wonder, from having glanced over a few save files. Would it be very difficult, is possible, to delete a secondary map/camp from a save using a text editor?

Ruisuki

you mean like notepad++? Only time i remember using it was for ck2 saves. Its possible to delete camps this way?
---
also wanted to mention i havent added mods in a week so its unlikely to be that, I mean it was fine all this time. Even in A16 this never happened. I dont think it could be any other mod than this one since it deals with overworld travel. I really love it though.

[attachment deleted due to age]

Ruisuki

I also had a question on where is food supposed to go??? the caravan screen showed the same caravan member I mentioned earlier with an alpaca had 3 days worth of food with no expiration(winter) but suddenly it all became 0. Likewise, a separate caravan shows  i have 9 days worth of food but for some reason one of the members is starving, and had a mental break because of it...despite the excess of food. Does the mod not recognize food stored in a characters personal inventory/gear? Should animals carry all the food instead? I always found pawns not eating to be an issue when traveling

Canute

The food on caravan don't get affected by outdoor temp. this means, caravan food stil rot even at freezing temp.
This is a know bug.

And no it doesn't matter if the colonist or the animal carry the food.

And please try to made your pictures without the white around it, the quality is so bad that you can't read anything there.
Just try to press ALT-print to copy the current selected window into the clipboard, then you can paste it at any picture view program or even paint from windows to safe it.
Or just use the screenshot from Rimworld itself.

Azzinoth

First, thank you for this very cool mod. However i noticed that it shows the Camp-Flag in a wrong orientation if you zoom in close. Is it supposed to do that? It just looks a bit weird...

Also i have one request: In the vanilla game if you form a caravan on a temporary map it collects all items automatically and forms the caravan instantly. Would it be possible to activate that feature for camps as well or make it an option?

Ruisuki

Quote from: Azzinoth on February 26, 2018, 02:18:45 PM
First, thank you for this very cool mod. However i noticed that it shows the Camp-Flag in a wrong orientation if you zoom in close. Is it supposed to do that? It just looks a bit weird...

Also i have one request: In the vanilla game if you form a caravan on a temporary map it collects all items automatically and forms the caravan instantly. Would it be possible to activate that feature for camps as well or make it an option?
Ive gotten it placed upside down. Dunno about you but after that the camp is undeletable so just watch out for that in case it happens to you too

Harry_Dicks

Can we try just rotating the texture in the mod's textures folders? :P

temple_wing

Would you please upload to some other place?
I can't download from dropbox, it's banned by chinese gov.

CH3N9

Quote from: temple_wing on March 18, 2018, 03:26:30 AM
Would you please upload to some other place?
I can't download from dropbox, it's banned by chinese gov.

Here (link below).

Ruisuki

Could my camp problem have been caused by activated objects remaining active? I had the same issue come up again but the camp finally disappeared after destroying the campfire(ironic here...need that stove now) so I wonder if the same applies for other items that need to be 'shut off' or if this was a one-off.

temple_wing

Please change your tile check code. Currently you're checking whether there is any world object on the tile that is to set up camp. Doing so will conflict with my mod. My mod is adding many world objects that is just indicating that tile has some extra animal, plant, or resource rock.

I suggest use TileFinder.IsValidTileForNewSettlement() to check tiles.
Please change your code. I really hope players are able to set up a temporary map and collect resource from my improved tile.

sai05

Helo . thanks for your awsome MOD , u have big problem my carvan always stuck after do visit town / peace talk and etc

there is 2 mod right now im use effect to "world" first Build road second your mod

http://prntscr.com/jwxo6a
on world if you klick / giving order to move ( Klick right ) thats what  happend , i need to reload the game

what i do ? unistal both mod and try use 1 by 1 in new game and Yes in your mod i make same bug

hope my poor english can understand you