Doors stay open when i dont turn on hold door

Started by Simon_The_Space_Engineer, January 02, 2017, 08:31:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Simon_The_Space_Engineer

Random doors of mine will have the "hold door" box toggled and will stay open, often letting the coolers waste power when all the cold air just gets out. Anything i can do to keep the doors from randomly turning on the hold open button when i dont want them to?
In the end, we all make the same leather hats.

BlackSmokeDMax

That should only happen in two cases I can think of outside of you setting that purposely.

1. Colonist in mental break goes through it. They leave them open.

2. Prisoner break will leave them open.

Most likely would be #1, so perhaps watch for that.

Calahan

@ Simon_TSE - Are you able to reproduce this odd door behaviour in any way? Since as it stands, this really isn't an actionable bug based on the info you've provided. Plus if there was a base game problem with doors not closing then I'd expect the forums to be inundated with posts about it. But seeing as how they aren't, I don't see there being a problem with doors in the base game (although I know skullywag would strongly disagree with that statement :P )

As such this is very likely a locally based issue caused by either mods, user error/behaviour, or one of the things BlackSmokeDMax mentions. I'd also add double-click mass selecting to that list as well. As maybe you are intentionally holding a door open, but when clicking to select the door, you are unintentionally double-clicking and selecting all the doors on the screen. Meaning that instead of holding one door open you are holding open several.

Anyway, moving this from bugs to GD. If further discussion and/or testing results in some sort of bug being found then the thread can either be moved back the Bugs, or a new thread created to report said bug(s).

Kolljak

Are you using mods if so list them please i too am having this issue i think it MAY be hugslib. not sure yet tho.

BlackSmokeDMax

Quote from: Kolljak on January 03, 2017, 10:02:47 PM
Are you using mods if so list them please i too am having this issue i think it MAY be hugslib. not sure yet tho.

If it is HugsLib, it must be in combo with some other mod, as I do not see that issue with the mod installed.

hwfanatic

I'm having this weird (yet fun) issue, too!  :)

Would like to know which combination of mods is responsible, though. Could you guys post your save files for comparison?

[attachment deleted by admin due to age]

System.Linq

This is an intended behavior of a special event in Psychology. One of your pawns is leaving the doors open. Find and arrest them.

bechtoldn

Is there items in the way of the door? I've had similar problems and found that doors get stuck open if an item is dropped onto the same square the door occupies.

Sp0nge

Quote from: BlackSmokeDMax on January 03, 2017, 12:33:38 AM
That should only happen in two cases I can think of outside of you setting that purposely.

1. Colonist in mental break goes through it. They leave them open.

2. Prisoner break will leave them open.

Most likely would be #1, so perhaps watch for that.

As i can see it, its the togglebox thats changed and holding the doors up

Limdood

check your hotkey.  are you perhaps accidentally pressing the hotkey for hold open door?  Either when the door is selected or if you've selected a great deal of items and think you're assigning a different action?

Werekitty39501

Quote from: Psychology on January 04, 2017, 01:47:23 PM
This is an intended behavior of a special event in Psychology. One of your pawns is leaving the doors open. Find and arrest them.
If you have the Psychology Mod in your game, then this is what's happening. It's an event involving a saboteur who's been pretending to be on your side. Apparently leaving the doors open is their way of sabotaging the colony.