Riding Animals

Started by Cosmicpenquin, December 30, 2016, 08:45:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cosmicpenquin

What if you could have your colonist ride certain animals (i.e. Muffalo, deer, elk, etc.) it would be within reason, no small animals. But this could lead way to new tactics, weapons, and or animals in the game we all know and love. Just imagine a bunch of raiders attacking with cassowary's. Just a suggestion, and wanted to see what you guys think.

deslona

5 snipers on wargs, so they would be mobile and shooting at the same time (maybe with some aim penalty).
Maybe also a new riding skill factored in..?
It would probably need to have a personalized 'mount'. How would the colonists do it automatically though? If you have to manually click every colonist onto a mount that will get very old very fast. I think this would be better for caravan speed than on a map (though I agree it would be fun).

Cosmicpenquin

Yes you could have them shoot on moving animals but with a severe accuracy penalty. More like giving them spears and letting them charge the enemy. Also you would have an "mount drafted" button or something close to that so no individual clicking unless you wanted to do that.

schizmo

I say it in every vehicle/mount related thread: horses

Cosmicpenquin

Having a horse man raiding party with them charging with melee weapons while they had horse archers in back giving fire support would be an amazing addition, and would make travelling easier.

Nomsayinbrah

Woww, you're make me drool... This would be so awesome..

Big movement buff, but aim penalty --> and this would reduce with higher shooting/handling skill?

Not sure how hard it is to implement, but goddamn it would be cool as heck