[A16] Several Puffins' RimDisorders.

Started by Several Puffins, January 03, 2017, 10:20:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Several Puffins

Quote from: Psychology on January 03, 2017, 07:12:28 PM
Anxiety from Psychology is not "incompatible" with this mod, but it will add both types of anxiety.

Yes indeed! Thanks for weighing in! I had thought that if we'd used the same def name it might overwrite, but I'm clean forgot I called mine GeneralisedAnxiety, which *no-one* was going to use!

mimib14

I have a couple of questions:
1) How long are panic attacks supposed to last? I had to arrest my colony's doctor because she was starving and exhausted, and even though I got a message saying that she collapsed from exhaustion, she kept having a panic attack.
2) What are the skill requirements for counseling? I tried to counsel the doctor a while before her panic attack, but the other colonists had medicine skills of 4 at most, and none of them could counsel her. After I arrested her she went into another panic attack after sleeping for a while, since her anxiety was severe. I'm not sure if she's gonna end up in an infinite panic attack loop since I don't have anyone who can counsel her.   Whoops, nevermind, now that I tried to counsel her after arresting her I got a message about the skill requirement. For some reason, I didn't get one any of the times I tried to counsel her before imprisoning her, though.

3)When I was arresting my colony's doctor, I got 4k+ instances of this error message, I'm not sure what it means:
QuoteException ticking Wolf: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at RimDisorders.MentalState_PanicAttack.MentalStateTick () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.AI.MentalStateHandler.MentalStateHandlerTick () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.AI.Pawn_MindState.MindStateTick () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.Pawn.Tick () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.ThingContainer.ThingContainerTick () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.Pawn_CarryTracker.CarryHandsTick () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.Pawn.Tick () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.TickList.Tick () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
Verse.Log:Error(String)
Verse.TickList:Tick()
Verse.TickManager:DoSingleTick()
Verse.TickManager:TickManagerUpdate()
Verse.Game:Update()
Verse.Root_Play:Update()

Lethe

Hey, you watch Hannibal! <3 Cool! I'm a fan of that show.

>"Counselling to remove certain traits"

Um, I don't think all the counseling in the world is going to make someone not a cannibal anymore. It's kinda just a thing you're forever labeled with if you ever eat people. Not sure psychopaths can be counseled out of it either. Thought they completely lacked the ability to empathize with others. Like, they're missing 'pieces' of human-ing. Shrugs. How can you make someone care when they cannot connect with others? I don't believe one can. Whatever makes humans ok with eating animals but horrified if you're mean to humans [cognitive dissonance] doesn't seem present in these folks. Then there's the does the person even want to change sort of deal...

Unless we're talking about some sort of glitterworld tech. That'd be interesting. Imagine what would happen if you took a 'monster' then made them realize what sort of horrible things they've been doing? They'd probably just go completely nuts or kill themselves.

Outside of glitterworld tech, it'd make more sense though to make counseling create a buff to offset the trait. Although, I'm not sure why it's even important to remove Cannibal trait from a pawn. They don't seem to get debuffs if they don't eat human, they just get happy when/if they do. Similar deal with psychopaths, they don't get buffs from socializing, but they can butcher bodies and not get freaked out if they see a dead body etc. Not sure why anyone would want to remove that. It's useful. Now, if only they could keep a fucking secret and not go blabbing to everyone about butchering humanlike. *grumbles* 
Request for evil doctor mod, they can give trait: "Can keep a fucking secret". They don't cause colonywide debuffs for their actions [such as butchering humanlike, executing prisoner etc]. They still get the debuff for "I butchered" but doesn't trigger things like "We butchered".

Does vanilla (or your romance mod) handle psychopaths getting rebuffed any different? Maybe they'd attack the person, or at least spread nasty rumors trying to get the person back for the offense of refusing them (thinking of it in conjugation with your rumors and gossip mod).

Pyromania can absolutely be curbed by counseling. Buff: "In therapy." -X% to likelyhood of setting fires. "Cured/Recovered." No longer starts fires. Or perhaps, "Gained more appropriate life coping skills." 

In any case, I sooo +1 to evil doctor/counselor mod. I'm playing a scenario I made called "A psychopath, bloodluster and cannibal walk into a bar..." It's going great, but I can't really expand the colony much. :\ I mean, sure, I could accept some normals, work them until they break then eat them, but that seems kind of rude. I'd much prefer brainwashing them over to my side.

Off topic, but are you from the UK? [You did the whole 's' instead of 'z' in GAD.] Oh, yeah, if you ever want to fan girl over Hannibal, or some other topic, I'm always game. ;D I love people who think too much, or like to world build and you seem to do both.

Oh, yeah, whenever you do update this mod (or your other mods next) you should put the last update date in the thread. Such as "[A16] Awesome/Useful Mod Title [mod version number] (last update date)"

It's much easier to keep up with mods that way. When anyone comments on your thread it goes to the top of the forum list, even though you haven't updated the mod for like a month or more. Then people have to check to see if they author updated anything....but no, they didn't. Someone just said shit in comments.

I'm just going to continue to ask for the world since I'm at it. Maybe, maybe, sneak a bit of your changelog mentions from steam here? I'm not trying to be a stalker, but you're making me into one. It's not my fault you make me go to your steam, creep through all your comments there because I /have/ to RTFM and changelogs. I don't want to do this, you made me do it. No, no! I don't -need- to see a therapist... You can't make me. QwQ

PetWolverine

I have a pawn who's 37 hours into an "Obsessively Cleaning" mental break, starving, exhausted, collapsing but not actually collapsing from exhaustion like mimib14 described... and there's no cleaning to be done. She's standing perfectly still outside, getting sick from the toxic fallout and shivering because she's wearing a t-shirt in 37 degree weather.

I don't have OCD, so I wouldn't know first-hand, but I suspect this is unrealistic behavior. I like the concept of this mod, but I think I'm going to have to dev-mode out the OCD and disable it.

EDIT: She collapsed when the toxic buildup reached extreme levels after 41 hours. She then immediately developed generalized anxiety disorder . About a day later, after getting some rest and recovering from her malnutrition, she had another obsessive cleaning break, this time indoors. During this break (23 hours in), her lover proposed to her and she accepted.

A raid came and she went out to clean up the blood, sustaining permanent injuries to both eyes and then getting downed 49 hours into this second break. So I've had two of these breaks and both of them have ended with the pawn being downed. I don't think I want to find out how long they can actually last.

Lupin III

I also just had a pawn standing around for a day or two "cleaning", but not doing anything. I got the message of a collapse multiple times (3 times within a few seconds once), but the pawn was still standing. In the end I tried to arrest him, which lead to a fight. I don't know if this behaviour is intended. Nevertheless it feels like it's buggy. I can understand someone going OCD for a few hours (I'm no psychologist though) and do weird stuff, but not for days.
Is there a way to disable the mod in a running game? I'd like to do that for now, but when I try that the game crashes on load.

PetWolverine

I wasn't able to fix my save with dev tools after disabling this mod, but by editing the XML directly in a text editor and removing all the hediffs mentioning RimDisorders I was able to load it successfully with the mod disabled. I had to wait for a time when nobody was on a mental break, though - I tried to do this to a save where someone was obsessively cleaning and it left that colonist permanently frozen, taskless and factionless.

Kassidoo

I had to uninstall this, I couldnt rescue my pawns anymore as evertime I picked them up, the console got spammed with error and the got to a halt.

sidfu

so the question is when the mod will be fixed? currrently it scans every tic causeing a nice fps of 2 and it constaly adds disorders for no apparet reason.

Holothurin

Quote from: sidfu on May 13, 2017, 03:28:10 AM
so the question is when the mod will be fixed?

Just like the other social mods like Rumours & Deception and Romance Diversified probably never since the author hasnt been seen here since January. You might wanna have a look at Psychology once the save-breaking bug is fixed.

sidfu

Quote from: Holothurin on May 14, 2017, 11:22:30 AM
Quote from: sidfu on May 13, 2017, 03:28:10 AM
so the question is when the mod will be fixed?

Just like the other social mods like Rumours & Deception and Romance Diversified probably never since the author hasnt been seen here since January. You might wanna have a look at Psychology once the save-breaking bug is fixed.

u looking at wrong date thread creation isnt what u look at but last time files where updated which is feb 23.

AngleWyrm

I like the increased challenge to colony management, the necessity of having a doctor with good social skills to provide counseling, and the flavor that it brings.

There's a part that seems a bit tough: Disorders happening on the road. I had a caravan of only three people headed out for about a five day round trip. So far they've been halted twice for disorderly conduct, and haven't yet reached their destination. Once a member had a cleaning frenzy, and the second time it was someone else with a disorder I don't presently recall.

Fortunately I have the set up camp mod, so maybe I'll take a counselor on road trips and set up camp when they lose it.
My 5-point rating system: Yay, Kay, Meh, Erm, Bleh

PixelBitZombie

I won't say this is a bad mod, however the disorders you get are frequent and completely ruin the colonists. With the child mod, the baby got ptsd, pretty much my entire colony got ocd/anxiety within 3 minutes of installing. I think the mod has potential but the disorders need to take awhile to develop.

Also you can't get rid of the mod once you use it. It ruined my save which sucks, it might be because people are counseling the afflicted right now, which I haven't tried yet. I guess I have no choice to keep using it for now but I'd suggest disorders take awhile to develop instead of minutes into the game.
"When logic and proportion have fallen sloppy dead
And the White Knight is talking backwards
And the Red Queen's off with her head"