[REQ] More factions spawn on map [A16]

Started by Tinkerer, January 03, 2017, 11:25:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tinkerer

Hey all,

I'd love to see a mod for A16 that allows for more factions to spawn on the world map. The current 4(?) are way too few!

Please, please, please! :)

Thanks for your consideration

skullywag

Theres deffo one on steam, i saw it today. Dunno if its on the forums.....
Skullywag modded to death.
I'd never met an iterator I liked....until Zhentar saved me.
Why Unity5, WHY do you forsake me?

Tinkerer

Quote from: skullywag on January 03, 2017, 11:54:32 AM
Theres deffo one on steam, i saw it today. Dunno if its on the forums.....

Thanks, I found it here: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=830221184

What are the pros and cons of using steam workshop? I've always found it's more time consuming and a PITA to uninstall mods from steam vs manually installed mods.

joaonunes

Quote from: Tinkerer on January 03, 2017, 02:29:39 PM
What are the pros and cons of using steam workshop? I've always found it's more time consuming and a PITA to uninstall mods from steam vs manually installed mods.

Mods can be updated automatically if you wish for it. Let me warn you though that it can and probably will break your save just like Vegetable Garden did when it updated to v5.2.

If you are going to use steam workshop turn off both the game and mod's automatic updates and turn it on only when you really want to update everything at once.
Steam workshop also makes the installation easier, you only need to click one button, but manually installing a mod is a very powerful tool as you can only install parts of a mod.
Do you want your colonists to look manlier?
Get a free mustache sample here!

Tinkerer

Thanks for the reply. Yeah, I hate automatically updated mods ... so I guess I'll stick to manual installation!