Name Rejected? No reponse given as to why?

Started by MythLudeon, January 03, 2017, 11:47:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MythLudeon

My name was rejected, and the reason listed was as follows:

Here's the reason given by the editor that reviewed your creation, ItchyFlea:
Sorry, your name has been rejected.
No names of public figures or celebrities, or known fictional characters or anything else copyrighted. Internet handles cannot be used either.

The name I requested was:  Mytheos Ro

Is it the name of a public figure or celebrity?  No.
Is it the name of a known fictional character?  No.
Is it copy written?  No.
Is it an internet handle?  No.

I sent an email back and asked for clarification on the reason it was rejected, and received no response.

I would like either the name approved, a clear reason it was rejected so I could address it, or if the prior cannot be done, a refund for the 15$ I spent.

skullywag

They probably are seeing it as an internet handle. Is it your real name?
Skullywag modded to death.
I'd never met an iterator I liked....until Zhentar saved me.
Why Unity5, WHY do you forsake me?

Calahan

I also think it is likely because "Mytheos Ro" is too much of an internet handle. If you check out the following post by Tynan... https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=356.msg79472#msg79472

Quote from: Tynan on December 11, 2014, 01:38:24 AM
I wouldn't accept Foxador; it's too much of an Internet handle and will be distracting in-game. Sorry.
... you can see that "Foxador" would be rejected for being an Internet handle. So my guess is something similar has applied to "Mytheos Ro" (note this is purely my guess. I don't have any say on what names get accepted or rejected, nor have any insight into the process).

MythLudeon

@skullywag
@Calahan

Is Mytheos a real first name?  Yes.

Is Ro a real last name?  Yes.

So far as internet handle, I dont see that at all? 

I see internet handle as LordDethKillZ95 or P'ownMasa1299, or if I looked at a random thread on a random forum...the usernames are internet handles.

Granted some may be real names but that doesnt disqualify Bob Calahan, just because someone has a forum username of "Calahan" if you follow me.

Foxador, I can see being rejected as it probably isnt a real first or last name, and sounds a little made up possibly.

But I cant understand why Mytheos Ro, a real first and last name would be rejected.

skullywag

If thats the case then I agree with you, there is no reason it should have been denied.
Skullywag modded to death.
I'd never met an iterator I liked....until Zhentar saved me.
Why Unity5, WHY do you forsake me?

MythLudeon

Well I still havent been given any response...

I resent it, and its waiting for approval again.

I really hate to have to make another post on the Steam forums asking for help.

milon

Names are not approved or rejected on the basis of them being real names or not.  That is one consideration, yes, but not the only one.

From the Creative Rewards Guidelines:
QuoteThe easy way to think about this is: Would the name fit in as a crew member on the TV show Firefly?

I'm admittedly not a Firefly expert, but Mytheos Ro sounds more like a fantasy character than a scifi/western character (IMO).

MythLudeon

Quote from: milon on January 13, 2017, 12:28:51 PM
Names are not approved or rejected on the basis of them being real names or not.  That is one consideration, yes, but not the only one.

From the Creative Rewards Guidelines:
QuoteThe easy way to think about this is: Would the name fit in as a crew member on the TV show Firefly?

I'm admittedly not a Firefly expert, but Mytheos Ro sounds more like a fantasy character than a scifi/western character (IMO).

There are many names in the game already that arent "Western" or Sci-fi at all. 

Again if you are going to reject a name, and give a reason, that reason should be valid.

Its a poor practice to offer this as DLC, waiting months only to be rejected and then not told why...I'm not going to keep offering a name, waiting months and then being rejected for a copy and pasted reason that doesnt fit.

MythLudeon

I'm getting a little sick of constantly getting rejected with NO VALID REASON BEING GIVEN.

Either give me a valid reason for rejecting the name, or refund my money, if I have to contact steam about a refund and post a VERY NEGATIVE review of my experience, I will.

I simply ask that the money I spent be honored or refunded, and its a bit disheartening you cant offer better customer service for what amounts to free money for the developer.

ItchyFlea

Hey there MythLudeon.

Can you PM me with your Creative Rewards username?
All my mods are licensed under a Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International
Ask for permission before using in ModPacks

Click here for a list of the mods I've created

Tynan

I'm talking to him via email so this thread isn't needed any more.

(the name was rejected because it's Mytheos, which is his email and as far as I can tell not his real name, which means it is an Internet handle).
Tynan Sylvester - @TynanSylvester - Tynan's Blog