Exercise

Started by Predzxilla, December 03, 2017, 01:01:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Predzxilla

I propose the inclusion of exercises.

The main plot is that colonists can spend time exercising to gain buffs.

Some ways to exercise include: (Idk if the experience they give is balanced or not)

Using a treadmill (Requires 250 steel, 6 components and 1 wake-up)
This is the highest tier of exercising and will give 100 melee experience every 1 real-life second. Gives -10 beauty. Must have microelectronics researched. Increases movement speed by 1% every hour it is used. Can add up to a +70% movement speed buff.

Yoga Mat (Requires 75 devilstrand)
This can be made in the same colours as the current carpet options. It will give 20 melee experience every 1 real-life second. It acts like a bed: Only 1 colonist can be assigned to it, ever. If you want two people doing yoga, you need two mats. Can help tend bad backs. Gives 30 beauty.

Dumbbell rack (Requires 100 steel and 40 wood. Must be made at a smithy)
Gives 40 melee experience every real-life second. Can only be used by colonists under the age of 50. Neutral in beauty. Increases building and crafting speed by 1% every hour it is used. Can add up to a +40% increased work speed.

Colonists will do exercise during their joy period. (It must be assigned)

The more exercise one does, the higher their chance of getting a partner is.

Exercising will make colonist 20% more tired and they will receive a -2 "Worn out" debuff whilst exercising. However, I propose a mirror could be added that can only be placed within 2 spaces of an exercising unit and any colonist who has recently exercised had a 90% chance of looking into said mirror and gain a +2 "I feel strong!" buff.

Thank you for reading and be sure to post insightful feedback in the comments :D