We make bad suggestions and come up with horrible ideas.

Started by Eric, January 03, 2017, 11:54:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lobstercraft

Squeaky beds when Pawns making love. Every bed quality should squek different and awful quality should sound awfull

schizmo

Dogs need to be walked twice a day and take up the highest priority of any animal handler, and they go to the bathroom on everything. But cleaning is still one of the lowest priorities so the mess just stays there

MikeLemmer

Quote from: O Negative on January 09, 2017, 02:40:30 AM
A mental break which causes the "incapable of ..." for different jobs is what this game really needs. Too many people are capable of "dumb labor" as it stands.

Dumb Labor Unions. The only colonists who can Haul or Clean are dedicated Haulers/Cleaners. They can only work 6 hours a day max. Breaking these rules causes you to be fined or attacked by the Labor Union.

NeverPire

Quote from: MikeLemmer on January 08, 2017, 08:29:00 PM
There should be a fumble mechanic where any colonist using a weapon has a % chance of hitting themselves with it.
It's already implemented.
Yesterday, in my A16 no -mod game, un opponent during a siege fail to target my pawn with its triple rocket launcher, and launch two rockets on two of its allies and the last one on the stack of mortar shells near his feet.
My colonist have repelled a 10 pawns siege alone with a survival rifle.
I will never do worse than what I do now.
It's what self-improvement means.

NeverPire

Need a small addition.
The cannibal colony shouldn't need to kill and cook its prisonners.
Cannibals prefer fresh meat.
It sounds like the organ harvest but it's human flesh harvest.
I will never do worse than what I do now.
It's what self-improvement means.

Thyme

You telling me Hannibal Lecter did it wrong?

*he preped meals as far as I remember
I'm from Austria. If I offend you, it's usually inadvertently.
Snowmen army, Chemfuel Generator, Electric Stonecutting, Smelting Tweak

MikeLemmer

There should be loud chomping and slurping noises whenever colonists or animals eat. They should always be loud regardless of where the colonists/animals are in relation to the screen.

schizmo

For a period of time after eating, Colonists should fart and burp loudly.

dv

Quote from: schizmo on January 10, 2017, 12:22:25 AM
For a period of time after eating, Colonists should fart and burp loudly.

How about a "messy eater" trait that gives you the repulsive effect for one hour after eating?

Combine cannibal, repulsive, night owl, and a restricted area under a mountain and you had CHUDs.

Hmmm... Vampire trait? Combines cannibal, repulsive, nocturnal, and your pawn will die in daylight or if it doesn't eat meat? Negative mood rebuffs that get worse the longer you don't feed? Feeding weakens the other pawn, but makes it happy and it wants to sleep with the vampire..

Crap, this could actually be a cool mod...

Houkime

Full mouth anatomy with potential wounds and possibilities for dental care.
Your colonists should have possibilities to have their right upper premolar chipped in battle or suffering from tooth decay.
Toothache and decreased eating effectiveness included.

Botmee

Lobstercraft

Better AI of pawns so that they realize they're not real. Making you feel more responsible for them cause they are real

Thirite

Guests should randomly binge on your drugs and die of overdoses, causing the faction to blame you for their death.

Oh wait...

Sola

Reduce stack size limits.  There's no way a spacer-tech freezer at 900 sq. feet should be able to hold 1,000 rations worth of food!
Two tiers of construction jobs.  One for expensive/quality items, and one for walls/floors/etc.

https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=28669.0

Eric

Give Dwarf Fortress levels of realism to the health system, complete with damageable fingernails and toenails, eyelids, tongues, and different layers of tissue