[MOD] (Alpha 3F) Map Generators - Fertile Plains & Snowy Worlds

Started by ItchyFlea, April 10, 2014, 10:34:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vas

Well, you could make the coastal waters have no walkable for deep water, if you can make it generate deep water 3-5 blocks out with patches of shallow water in it?  Shallow water 7-10% walk speed.  If you really wanted, deep water could still have 5% walk speed.  With sharks!  xD
Click to see my steam. I'm a lazy modder who takes long breaks and everyone seems to hate.

ItchyFlea

At the moment, at least from what I can tell (when testing to make lava for a lava-world) tiles cannot be set as unwalkable, at least not at the moment. As for generating deep water further out, well it could be done, but with only a 25% chance that it would actually generate in the water.
What I'm using to generate the coastline randomly chooses what side of the map it generates on. I'd have to write a generator class if I wanted control over where it generates. Unfortunately my C# skills are virtually non-existent.

Then again, just last week I thought it was impossible to generate a coastline at all, so in another week I might figure out how to get it done. :D
All my mods are licensed under a Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International
Ask for permission before using in ModPacks

Click here for a list of the mods I've created

Tynan

If you set the path cost to something over 10000 I think the game would intepret that as unwalkable.
Tynan Sylvester - @TynanSylvester - Tynan's Blog

Vas

I have a friend who used to do DLL stuff all the time, he might be able to help with C# stuff.  I'm not entirely sure.  I have to test his skills with getting his help on a mod I want to make.  :P
Click to see my steam. I'm a lazy modder who takes long breaks and everyone seems to hate.

Jdalt40

Why Don't you try out the code in better power with the lava because better power has barbed wire that damages citizens and enemy's.

Cala13er

Celthric Aysen

Can you make one with the edge mountain and coastline?
My DeviantART|E-Vehicles|Flebe's  Channel
"♫"Every people that i see i will never understand"♪"

ItchyFlea

The problem with an edge mountain and shoreline is that the generator doesn't allow for specific placement of the edge mountain or shoreline, so in theory, there is a chance that they generate on top of each other. I'll see what I can do to reduce that. I personally hate spending a few minutes getting the ideal colonists (trying to get myself with decent skills feels weird), only to have a map that doesn't work for my intended storyline.  :-\
All my mods are licensed under a Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International

Cala13er

Quote from: ItchyFlea on April 24, 2014, 05:02:17 AM
The problem with an edge mountain and shoreline is that the generator doesn't allow for specific placement of the edge mountain or shoreline, so in theory, there is a chance that they generate on top of each other. I'll see what I can do to reduce that. I personally hate spending a few minutes getting the ideal colonists (trying to get myself with decent skills feels weird), only to have a map that doesn't work for my intended storyline.  :-\

Well since you can change which genner it uses, I'll try alter the original and make it spawn them at opposite sides.

securitycop

Tynan

You can write your own genners. Most of them are pretty simple. I worked to make the system extensible by modders!

ItchyFlea

Fertile Plains - Coast has been updated to v1.1
This update solves most of the problems regarding rock debris and resources in the water, and improves the overall look of the coastline.

Tynan

Celthric Aysen

Quote from: Tynan on April 28, 2014, 12:56:32 AM
Screenshots! Screeeennnshoootttsss!!!
You seem to be a little bit excited there Tynan ;)
You drinking Redbull? :P
My DeviantART|E-Vehicles|Flebe's  Channel
"♫"Every people that i see i will never understand"♪"

ItchyFlea

Screenshots for Fertile Plains - Coast v1.1

All 3 worlds are 200x200.
World 1: http://i.imgur.com/kdFyYGV.png
World 2: http://i.imgur.com/dEp2baO.png
World 3: http://i.imgur.com/KJKEIlC.png