[MOD] (Alpha 3F) Map Generators - Fertile Plains & Snowy Worlds

Started by ItchyFlea, April 10, 2014, 10:34:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sicken

Great I love snow, but i think that you might want to re-texture the cactus into trees or something. Great mod I hope to see more of this

ItchyFlea

Quote from: Sicken on May 09, 2014, 04:28:32 AM
Great I love snow, but i think that you might want to re-texture the cactus into trees or something. Great mod I hope to see more of this
Trees are coming in A4, so when that's released I'll just rip out the cactus entirely from the snow generators. Until then I'll leave the cactus in as is. Mainly because I can't draw textures to save myself.

See the May 7 entry for more info about trees in A4: RimWorld public changelog
All my mods are licensed under a Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International
Ask for permission before using in ModPacks

Click here for a list of the mods I've created

Celthric Aysen

Quote from: ItchyFlea on May 09, 2014, 04:44:05 AM
Quote from: Sicken on May 09, 2014, 04:28:32 AM
Trees are coming in A4, so when that's released I'll just rip out the cactus entirely from the snow generators. Until then I'll leave the cactus in as is. Mainly because I can't draw textures to save myself.

See the May 7 entry for more info about trees in A4: RimWorld public changelog
Im somehow curious on what will happen to your mod called wood economy.
My DeviantART|E-Vehicles|Flebe's  Channel
"♫"Every people that i see i will never understand"♪"

ItchyFlea

Quote from: Blackjack1000K on May 09, 2014, 05:42:27 AM
Im somehow curious on what will happen to your mod called wood economy.
Sarcastic answer: It'll be retired into the hall of great mods, where it will be able to rest. :P

Serious answer: The most likely outcome will simply be that Wood Economy won't get updated to work with Alpha 4.
All my mods are licensed under a Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International

Tynan

Quote from: ItchyFlea on May 09, 2014, 03:26:30 AM
Snowy Worlds have made an appearance. As a result, the thread name has been changed.
Only two so far. Mod compatible versions may come along at a later date.

It looks awesome. Just a bit odd that all sorts of greenery are growing there though :P
Tynan Sylvester - @TynanSylvester - Tynan's Blog

Bodog999

Itchy I love the snowy landscape, keep up the work and let us know when the snowly landscape is capable with Industrial Rim and BP+ Have a nice day/night

Bodog999

Oh and Itchy I've also noticed that when I create a new map with the valley generator there are a lot of little rocks/mountains in the middle of the map. I was wondering if you change something to get rid of the little rocks/mountains in the middle of the map

ItchyFlea

Quote from: Tynan on May 09, 2014, 10:21:07 AM
It looks awesome. Just a bit odd that all sorts of greenery are growing there though :P
I don't get snow during winter in my part of New Zealand. Heck, the only time I saw snow fall from the sky was during a military course. (Called LSV. This video explains it. If anyone reading this lives in NZ, I highly recommend doing it.)

pawnstorm

This is totally awesome stuff! Especially the snowy stuff, it opens up the door for all kinds of different biomes. Would it be possible to make the mountains look like ice glaciers? I think that would make it even more awesome.

Vas

Nice to see a new world type was added while my hard drive was out of commission and my OS was infected with a severely deadly undetectable by any anti-virus virus.  :P
Click to see my steam. I'm a lazy modder who takes long breaks and everyone seems to hate.

Crimsonknight3

Hey, I've made a One Side Open - South version to work with Industrial rim - Proud man <------

Was wondering why it hadn't already been done?

Azrael

Is it possible to make a version, that just removes the mountain and keeps the sand?

ItchyFlea

Quote from: Azrael on May 22, 2014, 05:06:52 AM
Is it possible to make a version, that just removes the mountain and keeps the sand?
Done. :)

Download link: Normal Map - No Mountain.

[attachment deleted by admin: too old]

mrofa

I must admit got the valley version and im very enjoying it, had a luck that valley was  kinda devided in two with a moutain at the middle, and it was preety suprised when i discovered that, also the little caves and grass pockets makes the digginkg kinda like exploring :)
All i do is clutter all around.

CmdrQuartz

Is it possible to get an OSO to generate stone debris? I like the map but something seems to break that doesn't let the stone debris spawn and I haven't been able to figure it out on my own.