Curious option...

Started by Xav, January 01, 2017, 10:11:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Xav

I was reading another thread and an interesting idea came to me...

The idea of permitting the player to choose whether to accept/reject the "wanderer joins" event has been brought up before.

However, if you could make this choice, and you chose to reject him/her then he/she would then start setting up shop and building their own base somewhere on your map...perhaps in the opposite corner of the map, or maybe right outside your home zone, etc...

Could make for an interesting game mechanic and story building.

Just an idea.  Happy new year everyone!

Headshotkill

If he/she would do that then he/she can soon expect multiple shells raining down on him/her.

IllusiveBrian

Perhaps rather than set up shop on your map, they could have some chance of making it to another nearby faction and possibly reappear as a trader (or a raider), or even set up a new faction base somewhere else nearby on the world map.  Of course, this may be more of a memory footprint than its worth, since many players wouldn't notice it. 

Nomsayinbrah

Quote from: Xav on January 01, 2017, 10:11:23 PM
I was reading another thread and an interesting idea came to me...

The idea of permitting the player to choose whether to accept/reject the "wanderer joins" event has been brought up before.

However, if you could make this choice, and you chose to reject him/her then he/she would then start setting up shop and building their own base somewhere on your map...perhaps in the opposite corner of the map, or maybe right outside your home zone, etc...

Could make for an interesting game mechanic and story building.

Just an idea.  Happy new year everyone!

Really love this idea! Would love to see this implemented one day

I can only imagine how hard it must be to make the AI for it though. (To get them not to starve etc)
But would be pretty amazing

Fafn1r

Quote from: IllusiveBrian on January 03, 2017, 06:03:33 PM
Perhaps rather than set up shop on your map, they could have some chance of making it to another nearby faction and possibly reappear as a trader (or a raider), or even set up a new faction base somewhere else nearby on the world map.  Of course, this may be more of a memory footprint than its worth, since many players wouldn't notice it.

I believe this is already in the game. All pawns who wander off the screen can reappear later as visitors, traders, refugees or raiders. Once one of my pawns got kidnapped and few days later I get a message that my pawn is seeking refugee and is running from raiders.