Can someone put this in the game? [REQUEST]

Started by Lucifer, January 03, 2017, 08:34:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lucifer

An old mod ( Ascension ) Had a Bow made of thrumbo horns. I would like it if i could use it.

Also....Is there a way to learn basic modding and stuff so i could do minor stuff like this by myself?

https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=27606.0;attach=17008;image
"There is no such thing as second place, Only first loser."

RawCode

you will not die (instantly) if try something and fail. (ever critical failure won't kill you!)

if you just don't know where to start, for some reason, start from checking files inside game folder, focus on "mods" folder and especially "core" mod.

XML files are text, you may open it with notepad++ or other editor, they are human readable, obfuscation is possible but nobody cares, looks like 100% of mods are opensource or without obfuscation.

DLL files are (some) native PE images and some CLI PE images, first type is assembler stuff, that require academic skills (or just long time) to reverse,  second can be viewed without much pain with dnspy\ilspy\dotpeek and many other free (and not) c# decompilers or c# reflectors.

1) start from "creating" your own bow, by copy-pasting existing XML sections from "core" mod.

Thirite

XML modding is actually super easy. Just look at the innards of some other mods that just use xml (my Taiga Creatures is a good example, FashionRimsta for clothes, basically all weapon mods are pure xml) and study how they work. Copy their folder structure modify the contents to add the content you want. Copy an xml similar to something you want to make and edit it to fit your needs. Use the xml reference found in the Mods/Help boards to see all the fields you can use to make custom Defs.

Lucifer

Thanks, I'll look into the mods and see how the XML stuff works. This is the first time I've ever even thought of actually making a mod so i have no idea what im doing. Which is why i don't know where to start.
"There is no such thing as second place, Only first loser."