[A16] RimEffect 2.3 - Mass Effect Expansion Packs (17-1-2017)

Started by Helixien, January 04, 2017, 07:21:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

drakemasta

any chances of working with the "orassan" mod creator or "crystalloid" mod creator to make a full alien mod containing multiple alien races without getting any short hash errors?

lllMWNlll

You got a plenty races to put in the game, i assume you going to include:
Major Races:
Krogans - Turians - Asari - Salarians - Geths - Quarians

Minor Races (or less focused in Mass Effect):
Batarians - Vorcha - Protheans - Hanar - Drell - Elcor

and even Reapers and Collectors to be major threats (I think in something like those vanilla mechanoids non-playable)

I would like to share some ideas:
Asari: have a great bionic powers which make them really fearsome, you may want somehow explore this ability of them.

Krogans: are tough warriors, i imagine them with a lot health in their torsos body parts because of their shell over his torso and/or a % pain reduction (call this "beserk" mode) the most damage they get the more beserker they get attacking even his friends, better use them with melee weapons or bare handed. PLUS: they are not very sociable among them, imagine with other races especially turians and salarians you could use a negative social buff for those races pawns to be implemented observing history of those races using genophage against Krogans.

Turians: long i remember in game, they are mostly-completely envolved in war or militaristic organizations, very few of them are technicians. You could explore them to be great soldiers and less effective in building, farming, sciencing. PLUS due to First Contact War, humans distrust a little the turians, not all humans, some of them with trait "Distrust turians".

Salarians: a fact that call my attention - they live short, some of them can reach 40 years, because of this they do everything fast combining with their curiosity - a Science and Medicine boost for them! I don't see them really good in battle in comparision with the other races (humans, asari, krogan, turians) melee prowess and ranged could be reduced for them due to their most cartillagenous bodies.

Quarians: main and important fact they need to be 24hours in their suits to be able to survive in any world condition their suits could make them work in burning or freezing temperature of RimWorld. Following Mass effect lore they come from their migrant fleet living has nomadic they go star from star scavenging from wreckeges finding repair materials for the fleet and keeping the starships functioning, make them specially good at building and repairing structures. I imagine - they eat a lot to be in a huge fleet, so logically every children is taugh "how to plant - potato", you never know when you can be realocated in a "Farm starship".

Geths they are A.I's, you may want to see Misc. Mods they have A.I pawns mods.

What call my attention: they are all connected, expect those rebels from reapers control you should use those rebels on your mod. Imagine a lone-wolf character "Legion" from Mass Effect. That is the kind you want to see in your RimWorld mod. But from all the other races, to be playable... The Geth are the most OP.
They can do anything efficiently (shooting, meleeing, constructing, farming...). Something must be done to rebalancing them... Well, think in this
"i don't see logic in doing non essential tasks for my own self-preservation" and is that what RimWorld is, a survival game!
- They don't eat. (growing and hunting disabled)
- "Why medicate imperfect machines like those biological units? They will die anyway" (doctoring disabled)
- "I can see logic in trading. But why make prisoners?" (warden disabled)
- Every other race once have fighted Geth, they don't trust them a little. (heavy social penalty to them, especially Quarians for taking their homeworld)
One another problem of them are clothes. For this i may have a solution: there are several models of geths warriors (Primes, grunts, hunters) check link for some references Wiki Geth units.  What matter is their A.I software saved in a rebel large server somewhere else, use this has a valid argument to change their hardware (clothes) to several battle hardwares.

I think this is all i can think right now about "races" right now... A really like the krogans, make them first ;D.
In fact i was just write a 2 lines post about "are you going to release krogans soon?", and ideas just flow it. Looking foward to see your mod complete!

lllMWNlll

Hey!

I'm testing a lot of mods. I just add yours and Orassan Mod.

Both together, one at time
both Gives error:
"Short Hash"

I sended a PScreen for you. And also do Orassan modder.

Helixien

So, I have kind of ignored the forum for a while and only focused on the workshop but erdelf pushed me to update the forum post as well so now I did it!
A lot of fixes and issues are..... fixed and the mod now has a requirement so it can be used with other race mods without getting the short hash error!

Weapons and Armor are now also download-able from Dropbox!

Quote from: lllMWNlll on January 12, 2017, 09:18:40 PM
You got a plenty races to put in the game, i assume you going to include:
Major Races:
Krogans - Turians - Asari - Salarians - Geths - Quarians

Minor Races (or less focused in Mass Effect):
Batarians - Vorcha - Protheans - Hanar - Drell - Elcor

and even Reapers and Collectors to be major threats (I think in something like those vanilla mechanoids non-playable)

I would like to share some ideas:
Asari: have a great bionic powers which make them really fearsome, you may want somehow explore this ability of them.

Krogans: are tough warriors, i imagine them with a lot health in their torsos body parts because of their shell over his torso and/or a % pain reduction (call this "beserk" mode) the most damage they get the more beserker they get attacking even his friends, better use them with melee weapons or bare handed. PLUS: they are not very sociable among them, imagine with other races especially turians and salarians you could use a negative social buff for those races pawns to be implemented observing history of those races using genophage against Krogans.

Turians: long i remember in game, they are mostly-completely envolved in war or militaristic organizations, very few of them are technicians. You could explore them to be great soldiers and less effective in building, farming, sciencing. PLUS due to First Contact War, humans distrust a little the turians, not all humans, some of them with trait "Distrust turians".

Salarians: a fact that call my attention - they live short, some of them can reach 40 years, because of this they do everything fast combining with their curiosity - a Science and Medicine boost for them! I don't see them really good in battle in comparision with the other races (humans, asari, krogan, turians) melee prowess and ranged could be reduced for them due to their most cartillagenous bodies.

Quarians: main and important fact they need to be 24hours in their suits to be able to survive in any world condition their suits could make them work in burning or freezing temperature of RimWorld. Following Mass effect lore they come from their migrant fleet living has nomadic they go star from star scavenging from wreckeges finding repair materials for the fleet and keeping the starships functioning, make them specially good at building and repairing structures. I imagine - they eat a lot to be in a huge fleet, so logically every children is taugh "how to plant - potato", you never know when you can be realocated in a "Farm starship".

Geths they are A.I's, you may want to see Misc. Mods they have A.I pawns mods.

What call my attention: they are all connected, expect those rebels from reapers control you should use those rebels on your mod. Imagine a lone-wolf character "Legion" from Mass Effect. That is the kind you want to see in your RimWorld mod. But from all the other races, to be playable... The Geth are the most OP.
They can do anything efficiently (shooting, meleeing, constructing, farming...). Something must be done to rebalancing them... Well, think in this
"i don't see logic in doing non essential tasks for my own self-preservation" and is that what RimWorld is, a survival game!
- They don't eat. (growing and hunting disabled)
- "Why medicate imperfect machines like those biological units? They will die anyway" (doctoring disabled)
- "I can see logic in trading. But why make prisoners?" (warden disabled)
- Every other race once have fighted Geth, they don't trust them a little. (heavy social penalty to them, especially Quarians for taking their homeworld)
One another problem of them are clothes. For this i may have a solution: there are several models of geths warriors (Primes, grunts, hunters) check link for some references Wiki Geth units.  What matter is their A.I software saved in a rebel large server somewhere else, use this has a valid argument to change their hardware (clothes) to several battle hardwares.

I think this is all i can think right now about "races" right now... A really like the krogans, make them first ;D.
In fact i was just write a 2 lines post about "are you going to release krogans soon?", and ideas just flow it. Looking foward to see your mod complete!

You see, while I would love to add all of them, I always need someone to make the textures for them first! And that is either expensive or not do-able (I dont like to ask people to make them for free since I am really picky and I feel bad when I ask someone to redo it quite a lot of times). Since carnov isnt around right now(anymore) yeah, I am kind of grounded! Next in line and currently WIP are Argonians from Skyrim! After that Quarians and after that Khajiit.
But I do appriciate your suggestions and will go through them in detail soon!

lllMWNlll

I see...

I know zero of gaming artistic, i can learn though, i will do some painting starting with krogans. But i can't promisse a professional work  :P

Tell me what do you need for art and i will do it in my freetime.

Deathawaits4

Hei so i got this error, with hospitality and your mod whenever a chased refugee asks to join my faction. I always get a naked asari refugee droping down with a pod, he just walks away and i get no raid nothing. is there a way to fix this?

Exception filling window for Verse.Dialog_NodeTree: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at AlienRace.AlienPawn.SetFaction (RimWorld.Faction newFaction, Verse.Pawn recruiter) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Hospitality.IncidentWorker_RefugeeChased+<>c__DisplayClass5.<TryExecute>b__2 () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.DiaOption.Activate () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.DiaOption.OptOnGUI (Rect rect, Boolean active) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.Dialog_NodeTree.DrawNode (Rect rect) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.Dialog_NodeTree.DoWindowContents (Rect inRect) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at HugsLib.GuiInject.WindowDetour+<>c__DisplayClass1.<_WindowOnGUI>b__0 (Int32 x) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
Verse.Log:Error(String)
HugsLib.GuiInject.<>c__DisplayClass1:<_WindowOnGUI>b__0(Int32)
UnityEngine.GUI:CallWindowDelegate(WindowFunction, Int32, GUISkin, Int32, Single, Single, GUIStyle)

szypkiyakwonsz

Can we get a CR patch for this? I've tried to make my own, but since I'm working mostly using Copy-Paste Law from other CR patches, there's a ton of bugs due to my lack of skill. But afaik, it shouldn't be that hard... and I am already in love of my beautiful violet gay counselor. Please don't make her wait to grab the ammo :D

szypkiyakwonsz

Since I am impatient as hell (and deeply in love with my Asari colonist), I was staring at Your code long enough to figure it out. I've found that other faction mod - Orassans - is CR compatibile, so I was trying to look for the differences and probably found an issue in Orassans mod (who cares, Asari > dumb cats).

In ThingDefs_Races/Race_Asari You had a definition of Your own Pawn Base, ("BasePawnAsari"), which was causing CR incompatibility, since all the CR features (mass, bulk, ammo usage) are focused on BasePawn. I know that I should rather give Your new and proud race the same features using changed CR files, but it was wayyy easier to just change in:

<ThingDef Class="AlienRace.ThingDef_AlienRace" ParentName="BasePawnAsari" Name="Asari_Base" Abstract="True">

targeted ParentName to BasePawn, which already had all the functionalities. This is making Your own parent def BasePawnAsari not used anymore in further definitions. Savage as it is, seems to work flawlessly. I'm not satisfied with this though and will try to do it properly, but right now, well - my blue colonist awaits.

TL;DR
I had been changing random things in code until it was CR compatibile. Patch for compatibility in attachement.

P.S.
Please do not shout at me for messing with Your code...

P.S. 2
Still not compatibile with Psychology - I think that that mod is using it's own pawn subcategory? I'm unsure about this however.

[attachment deleted by admin due to age]

Pinkstache

This is my first time using any alien race mod so maybe this is my fault but is this:

Error while resolving references for def Alien_Asari_Blue: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at AlienRace.ThingDef_AlienRace.ResolveReferences () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.DefDatabase`1[Verse.BuildableDef].ResolveAllReferences () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
Verse.Log:Error(String)
Verse.DefDatabase`1:ResolveAllReferences()
System.Reflection.MonoMethod:InternalInvoke(Object, Object[], Exception&)
System.Reflection.MonoMethod:Invoke(Object, BindingFlags, Binder, Object[], CultureInfo)
System.Reflection.MethodBase:Invoke(Object, Object[])
Verse.GenGeneric:InvokeStaticMethodOnGenericType(Type, Type, String)
Verse.PlayDataLoader:DoPlayLoad()
Verse.PlayDataLoader:LoadAllPlayData(Boolean)
Verse.Root:<Start>m__735()
Verse.LongEventHandler:RunEventFromAnotherThread(Action)
Verse.LongEventHandler:<UpdateCurrentAsynchronousEvent>m__733()

something to be concerned about?
It throws this error for every single color of Asari? Did I screw something up?

Pinkstache

Quote from: Pinkstache on March 20, 2017, 04:24:04 PM
This is my first time using any alien race mod so maybe this is my fault but is this:

Error while resolving references for def Alien_Asari_Blue:

something to be concerned about?
It throws this error for every single color of Asari? Did I screw something up?
So erdelf on Humanoid Alien Framework says that my Asari is outdated, but it's the 2.3 version?

JABBA2000

rdz1122

Any updates in this forum?  I don't use Steam to launch RW.

faltonico

I managed to get some time to play, and yet i'm not playing A17 hoping that this mod will update.
For what you said on steam, it is a lost cause to wait for an A17 version, but i'll keep cleaning the scum from my A16 map while waiting for you to update this (a single emplacement at the time), it might as well be when A18 hits.

LiteEmUp

so with those who are playing this mod on a17, any of you care to share on how you edited the asari epoe compatibility patch to turn into a17 version???

someone on steam mentioned removing some lines, but i'm not sure where to start...